Titanfall 2 | TF Battle Royale releasing Monday?

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Fade » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:19 pm

LewisD wrote:I was going to ask if this was good actually because of the deal of the day price.

Seems really cool to watch, but looks difficult to get to grips with?

It plays like Cod but with MUCH better wall running.

Just play the story first, teaches you all the basics and has all of the Titan load outs the multiplayer has so you can get used to them.

A lot of people in multiplayer don't use the wall running and still do okay. Unless you want to be a super pro I wouldn't worry about it.

Image
User avatar
chalkitdown
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cork

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by chalkitdown » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:26 pm

LewisD wrote:I was going to ask if this was good actually because of the deal of the day price.

Seems really cool to watch, but looks difficult to get to grips with?


It's worth it just for the single-player alone. I have little interest in the online, myself, and I'm shite at it anyway, but I loved every second of the campaign. Had no problems playing it at all.

User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by OrangeXMS » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:00 am

Regened and lost access to Tone so fell back to Ion. Forgot how decent he actually is, and now I am torn between which Titan to use as default!

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Hexx » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:55 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:Regened and lost access to Tone so fell back to Ion. Forgot how decent he actually is, and now I am torn between which Titan to use as default!


You know you can buy (permanent) access to Tone with Credits right?

Titans IIRC are quite cheap as well.

Try Nolan Northstar or Ronald the Ronin. They're aces.

User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by OrangeXMS » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:01 pm

Yeah, I spent my creds unlocking low profile, phase shift and hard cover so was flat broke. I could buy Tone now but enjoying Ion so not worth doing for now.

Ronald is terrible, can't use him at all. Even when I was next to a titan mashing melee they shredded my health quicker by just shooting me.

Nolan just goes against the very idea of being in a robot. I like flight core, but I don't like sniping (or the lack of shield). Wish brute from the campaign was an option!

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Fade » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:19 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:Yeah, I spent my creds unlocking low profile, phase shift and hard cover so was flat broke. I could buy Tone now but enjoying Ion so not worth doing for now.

Ronald is terrible, can't use him at all. Even when I was next to a titan mashing melee they shredded my health quicker by just shooting me.

Nolan just goes against the very idea of being in a robot. I like flight core, but I don't like sniping (or the lack of shield). Wish brute from the campaign was an option!

Well he is a low health titan and his melee does normal melee damage (a LOT less than his shotgun) So why would you do that? If you get close range crits with all 4 shots his shotgun can do almost 2 bars of health.

You should only use melee in Sword Core (which makes it do a lot of damage) or to finish an enemy off. Just because he has a sword it doesn't mean it does a lot of damage, his other tools exist for a reason.

Your plan of attack should be flanking with the shotgun, let off all your shots then either phase shift while you reload or arc wave them dash and reload. Repeat, block at appropriate times depending on the titan you're facing. Ronin is really really good if you use him correctly.

Northstar is just awful though.

Image
User avatar
Shalashaska
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Redbull_Ninja

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Shalashaska » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:43 am

I'm gonna have invest in one of these

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=bl_dp_s_ ... ck+Adapter

I'm really starting to hate having take my thumb off of the D-stick.

"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."
User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by OrangeXMS » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:28 am

Fade wrote:Well he is a low health titan and his melee does normal melee damage (a LOT less than his shotgun) So why would you do that? If you get close range crits with all 4 shots his shotgun can do almost 2 bars of health.

You should only use melee in Sword Core (which makes it do a lot of damage) or to finish an enemy off. Just because he has a sword it doesn't mean it does a lot of damage, his other tools exist for a reason.


I didn't know this :(

I guess people must have been using the core without me realising when they have done it to me

What's even the point in having a cool sword robot if you don't use the sword

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Hexx » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:41 am

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Fade wrote:Well he is a low health titan and his melee does normal melee damage (a LOT less than his shotgun) So why would you do that? If you get close range crits with all 4 shots his shotgun can do almost 2 bars of health.

You should only use melee in Sword Core (which makes it do a lot of damage) or to finish an enemy off. Just because he has a sword it doesn't mean it does a lot of damage, his other tools exist for a reason.


I didn't know this :(

I guess people must have been using the core without me realising when they have done it to me

What's even the point in having a cool sword robot if you don't use the sword


You use it in ultra mode, but yeah use the shotgun

Nolan is great - ranged support Titan. Dash in and out of Cover and staying a range. You're ridiculous with him.

His cluster missile is also filthy on Attrition or BH modes.

User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Fade » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:32 pm

If his melee did more damage than his shotgun, his shotgun would be useless.

Image
User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Hime » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:31 am

Picked this up in the latest sale but due to an addiction to CoD I haven't played anything else. I think it's worth mentioning that the gunplay is so similar in this and Infinite Warfare that one being deemed one of the best games of the year and the other an abject failure is absurd.

Anyway, this is incredible. I'm not sure why that is surprising as the first was great but I remember people being down on the beta because of the battery stealing mechanic. I'm not sure if anything has changed since then but I think it's great having more to Pilot vs Titan than just shooting rockets at them.

What a great time to get the bug for competitive multiplayer again.

Image
User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by OrangeXMS » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:38 am

To be fair the gunplay is the least interesting part of the game - it's the innovative level design in the singleplayer and the traversal and titans in multiplayer that make the game for me.

Also

Fade wrote:If his melee did more damage than his shotgun, his shotgun would be useless.


I would be 100% okay with this

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Hime » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:31 am

I get what you're saying but for me I need the kills to feel satisfying to keep me hooked. It's the reason Battlefield 1 and Battlefront didn't hold my attention.

Image
User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by OrangeXMS » Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:54 am

Oh yeah, the gunplay is perfectly good (in both this and COD, which as you say are super similar). That's just not the draw of the game for me which is why I like Titanfall but am uninterested in IW, despite the similarities in gunplay.

The only thing I find super unsatisfying, which is a problem I also have with COD, is melee kills. I hate how stabbing and/or punching someone is always an instant kill - especially when you can fire several rounds into the person from the other side and they come out on top. Makes no sense and I don't think melee adds anything fun to the game(s).

That's not counting the behind take-down kills btw. Those are better a) because they require you to approach the enemy from behind, and b) the animation can be interrupted so you it's not a guaranteed kill/you can save teammates who are midway through being executed.

Probably part of the reason I prefer third person shooters is the normally better melee e.g. Uncharted.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Hime » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:29 am

They have gotten rid of the instakill melee in IW. You now have to equip the knife as a secondary which is a far better solution IMO. It's hard not to feel the rage when you're shooting someone and they just walk up and punch you.

There is so much more going on in Titanfall 2, if you're not playing well you can go round the edge of the map picking off the AI to get your titan, the different play styles, the multiple paths through the maps, etc. I totally get why people prefer T2, it's the superior game, I just don't understand the disparity in how their viewed by *ahem* hardcore gamers and the media. For instance. Jim Sterling didn't even try the IW multiplayer as it's impenetrable yet he really liked Titanfall 2 which is absurd.

Image
User avatar
OrangeXMS
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by OrangeXMS » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:47 am

Hime wrote:They have gotten rid of the instakill melee in IW. You now have to equip the knife as a secondary which is a far better solution IMO.


This makes me happy

User avatar
KjGarly
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by KjGarly » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:14 pm

Image

Image

Image

Image
Image Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:09 am

I got 3rd last night in a round of Attrition which I was shocked by as I didn't start at the beginning of the round and I'm gooseberry fool. Either I'm starting to get better (only played about 10 games up till now) or I just got lucky. Any tips with regards Titans/builds/boosts etc? Currently sticking with Ion though really didn't like that one in the single player, cloaking thingy and the R-201 (which I like quite a bit for a starter weapon).

User avatar
Captian Kil
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Captian Kil » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:36 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I got 3rd last night in a round of Attrition which I was shocked by as I didn't start at the beginning of the round and I'm gooseberry fool. Either I'm starting to get better (only played about 10 games up till now) or I just got lucky. Any tips with regards Titans/builds/boosts etc? Currently sticking with Ion though really didn't like that one in the single player, cloaking thingy and the R-201 (which I like quite a bit for a starter weapon).


Use the car SMG and never look down the sights.

Unlock tone as soon as you have the credits. A reliable Titan useful in almost every situation, although ion is really good.

Image

Jiggles wrote:What even is money?
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Titanfall 2 | PS4, Xbone & PC
by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Cheers, I'll give the sub a go later. My stat's suggest I'm much better out of the Titan so maybe I need some more single player game time on the titan levels.


Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ITSMILNER, Met, MSN [Bot], Rob-ho ho-92, Supachipz, TonyDA, zXe and 64 guests