Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:49 pm

You hear it a lot in certain parts, Bristol being one.

I used to hear it a lot in South Wales as well, lots of things are "well lush" apparently.

ImageImage
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Moggy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:02 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:Lush is probably the worst word in the English language


First Brexit makes the UK independent. Then Weexit and Coexit makes Wessex and Cornwall independent.

And you will be banned from entering the new Kingdoms. :x

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Dual » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Moggy wrote:
Dual wrote:
Tsunade wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Luton is actually having a shitload of money spent on it after being left to rot for decades.


Sounds like Birmingham, the city centre there has been heavily redeveloped in recent years.

I'm surprised Birmingham isn't on the list. Town may be getting redeveloped but go near the coach station and everything is run down. There's only a couple of places that look decent away from town but they're few and far between.


Birmingham is the best city in the UK so not sure why you would say that mate :|


Birmingham is not even the best city in the West Midlands. :lol:


Wow. Just wow.

Let me guess Worcester? Wolverhampton?

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by OrangeRKN » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:05 pm

That's fine, I'm all for Meexit

I'll start wearing a hat that says "Make Mercia Supreme Again"

Dual wrote:
Moggy wrote:Birmingham is not even the best city in the West Midlands. :lol:


Wow. Just wow.

Let me guess Worcester? Wolverhampton?


Coventry obv

City of culture in 2021 innit

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by KK » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Jenuall wrote:Image

Isn't he the bloke that does the voice of the Compare The Meerkat adverts.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Moggy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:08 pm

Dual wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Dual wrote:
Tsunade wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Luton is actually having a shitload of money spent on it after being left to rot for decades.


Sounds like Birmingham, the city centre there has been heavily redeveloped in recent years.

I'm surprised Birmingham isn't on the list. Town may be getting redeveloped but go near the coach station and everything is run down. There's only a couple of places that look decent away from town but they're few and far between.


Birmingham is the best city in the UK so not sure why you would say that mate :|


Birmingham is not even the best city in the West Midlands. :lol:


Wow. Just wow.

Let me guess Worcester? Wolverhampton?


Hereford.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:11 pm

KK wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Image

Isn't he the bloke that does the voice of the Compare The Meerkat adverts.


I think so. For anyone with young kids out there he also does the voice of Captain Barnacles in The Octonauts so he's basically a legend in the eyes of many small folk!

ImageImage
User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Dual » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:18 pm

Moggy wrote:
Dual wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Dual wrote:
Tsunade wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Luton is actually having a shitload of money spent on it after being left to rot for decades.


Sounds like Birmingham, the city centre there has been heavily redeveloped in recent years.

I'm surprised Birmingham isn't on the list. Town may be getting redeveloped but go near the coach station and everything is run down. There's only a couple of places that look decent away from town but they're few and far between.


Birmingham is the best city in the UK so not sure why you would say that mate :|


Birmingham is not even the best city in the West Midlands. :lol:


Wow. Just wow.

Let me guess Worcester? Wolverhampton?


Hereford.


LMAO

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Moggy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:22 pm

Dual wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Dual wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Dual wrote:
Tsunade wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Luton is actually having a shitload of money spent on it after being left to rot for decades.


Sounds like Birmingham, the city centre there has been heavily redeveloped in recent years.

I'm surprised Birmingham isn't on the list. Town may be getting redeveloped but go near the coach station and everything is run down. There's only a couple of places that look decent away from town but they're few and far between.


Birmingham is the best city in the UK so not sure why you would say that mate :|


Birmingham is not even the best city in the West Midlands. :lol:


Wow. Just wow.

Let me guess Worcester? Wolverhampton?


Hereford.


LMAO


u fukin wat mate??

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Vermilion » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:31 pm

Nah, Birmingham is the best city i've been to in that area, their christmas market is the best UK one i've seen, and the Bullring/Grand Central is fantastic.

Coventry is decent too mind, the old/new cathedral is a must see, and the transport museum is quality.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by OrangeRKN » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:34 pm

I knew I liked you Verm

User avatar
andretmzt
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Lincolnshire

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by andretmzt » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Birmingham is underrated in my opinion. It has plenty of green spaces, including the largest urban park in Europe (I think?), good transport links, history, museums, galleries, great clubs (especially round the shitty coach station in Digbeth ;) ) and the surrounding countryside is rather nice. I like the multiculturalism of it and the Black Country as well.

edit: But the Black Country is clearly better than Birmingham.

Last edited by andretmzt on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Moggy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:51 pm

I have to admit that other than driving through it on the motorway (and I think I once changed trains there), I have never been to Birmingham. :lol:

I did once fly from Birmingham airport (which isn’t even in Birmingham) and that was a horrific experience and so I hate the entire city.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Jenuall » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:59 pm

I like Birmingham, although I only ever go there when I can be bother to watch Aston Villa lose another game these days (i.e. not often!)

That said I think it does come up a bit short in comparison to other "big" cities in the UK. I'd rather have a night out in say Glasgow or Manchester than I would Birmingham.

ImageImage
User avatar
Frank
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Frank » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:02 pm

I'll never get why they keep trying to gentrify Digbeth in Birmingham with the Custard Factory and all the rest of it. They're obviously pouring money into it but there's *nothing* to show for it.

They had some music "festival" there last year and one of the guy's from work went, and just discribed it as "a stage in a car park with a portapotty"

I still think it's a bad location for ghetto golf when the street outside looks worse than the "ghetto" inside.

Image
User avatar
Zartan
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Zartan » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:59 pm

Vermilion wrote:Clearly no one who voted in the poll has sampled the delights of Westbury town centre, or Bognor Pier.

Consequently, here be my own craphole list...

1. Axminster
2. Trowbridge
3. Bognor Regis
4. Westbury
5. Glastonbury


Have you never been to Swindon?

User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Frank wrote:I'll never get why they keep trying to gentrify Digbeth in Birmingham with the Custard Factory and all the rest of it. They're obviously pouring money into it but there's *nothing* to show for it.

They had some music "festival" there last year and one of the guy's from work went, and just discribed it as "a stage in a car park with a portapotty"

I still think it's a bad location for ghetto golf when the street outside looks worse than the "ghetto" inside.

People I work with are always voting Digbeth for socials and I just don't get it. The only time I've really enjoyed it was ghetto golf, for which you have to give credit where it's due as it is a great setup. Although perhaps I simply went in with very low expectations.

I always much rather stay around the main central areas. Basically anywhere near Pigeon Park (does anyone know its actual name?) or the Mailbox/Brindley Place.

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Vermilion » Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Zartan wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Clearly no one who voted in the poll has sampled the delights of Westbury town centre, or Bognor Pier.

Consequently, here be my own craphole list...

1. Axminster
2. Trowbridge
3. Bognor Regis
4. Westbury
5. Glastonbury


Have you never been to Swindon?


Yes i have, the outlet centre in particular is actually very nice.

User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Ad7 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:39 pm

Vermilion wrote:Clearly no one who voted in the poll has sampled the delights of Westbury town centre, or Bognor Pier.

Consequently, here be my own craphole list...

1. Axminster
2. Trowbridge
3. Bognor Regis
4. Westbury
5. Glastonbury


Add Street to that list.

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Top 10 Worst Places To Live In England 2019! Apparently.
by Vermilion » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Ad7 wrote:Add Street to that list.


Like with Swindon though, Street has the Clarks Village which elevates it above those listed.

Westbury in comparison has a population of 15,000 yet has no post office, and soon, no bank.


Return to “Stuff”