Travel With RichardUK

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Vermilion » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:02 am

RichardUK wrote:I went to Universal Studios yesterday, Vermilion would have loved it (a lot of Harry Potter)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1n959bsf6/


Awesome piccies, though the real Leicester Sq station ain't that clean. :lol:

You're right though, i would have loved it, though i did get to see the real Hogwarts Express yesterday so i haven't missed out too much. ;)

Image

Oh and a lot of the Potter merch on sale at universal is the same as what i encounter at the studio tour, so you could have picked up a hogwarts railways scarf too. ;)

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by RichardUK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:54 pm

The train takes you from Universal Studios to Islands of Adventure, a lot of people were dressed up and a lot of people were buying wands and using them around the park because they make things happen like control fountains, out of all the franchises in Universal I’m a fan of Jurassic Park, E.T and The Simpson’s the most, most of the rides I remember I loved has a child have gone, I can’t believe they got rid of the studio tour and the Bates motel

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Vermilion » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:01 pm

RichardUK wrote:I can’t believe they got rid of the studio tour and the Bates motel


Something tells me you'd feel at home there. ;)

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by RichardUK » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:06 pm

Vermilion wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I can’t believe they got rid of the studio tour and the Bates motel


Something tells me you'd feel at home there. ;)


We had a family photo in front of it and back then I didn’t know the film but since then I watched the newish show and really enjoyed it so wanted a photo again years later, I also wanted to buy some key rings and other tat with my surname on it :lol:

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Mini E » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:15 pm

RichardUK wrote:-


How're you getting on?

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by RichardUK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:09 pm

Mini E wrote:
RichardUK wrote:-


How're you getting on?


I’m enjoying it but I’m still finding it difficult to be on my own, I didn’t really expect it to be an issue as in the past I had some great solo holidays but I suppose I have changed, I’m still emotional at times and it’s pretty much always on my mind, tomorrow it will be two weeks since I left, so far I have resisted any contact but he’s been around to my parents and they believe he will change, it’s quite ironic because he always thought that they would try and convince me to leave him and that’s why he tried to make me avoid my family events in the past but they are actually the opposite and sing his praises,

Yesterday I went to Sea World and it wasn’t as good as I remembered or thought it would be, I expected more actual aquariums with fish, coral etc I queued for around a hour for “Antarctica: Empire Of The Penguin” you watch some boring animation (similar to happy feet) then get span around in a car thing for 30 seconds, get out and then look at some penguins, I enjoyed watching the real penguins but that’s it, I also found myself not being comfortable with seeing Dolphins and Killer Whales performing or being in tanks that are not as big as I thought or remember,

Today I think I’m just going to go to some outlets and maybe have a game of Disney crazy golf (might be strange on my own, at least I will win) tomorrow I plan on going to Busch Gardens,

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:13 pm

The Florida Mall is worth a look if you're just after a shopping day!

Chocolate-milk: Confirmed drinker of wank.
Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by RichardUK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:28 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:The Florida Mall is worth a look if you're just after a shopping day!


I went there the other day, it was ok but after visiting the Trafford Centre recently it doesn’t really compare, just been to a Nike factory shop and got a few bits and now I’m in Wendy’s having a “biggie bag” meal and using the free Wi-fi, I think I will have a walk around because it looks like there are other shops around, it’s a place called celebration, then I’m going to go and play some crazy golf and see if I can get to Epcot avoiding the $25 parking although I’m sure it’s fenced off so people can’t just do that

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Chocolate-Milk » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:42 pm

RichardUK wrote:I’m going to go and play some crazy golf and see if I can get to Epcot avoiding the $25 parking although I’m sure it’s fenced off so people can’t just do that

If you want to avoid parking onsite, you can take a city bus to Disney Springs and then take a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the parks. It's a bit of a faff, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper.

Edit- Parking at Disney Springs is apparently free, but I've no idea if there's a time limit.

Chocolate-milk: Confirmed drinker of wank.
Image
User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by RichardUK » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:46 pm

I have been to a Disney Springs and it does have free parking with no limit, the way around parking would be to get a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the Disney hotels and then get a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the parks, I didn’t dare do it but I do find the $25 parking annoying when it’s an extra on top, Universal charge $26, it’s good for them when you see all the cars and think each one is $25 plus all the entrance fees, the turnover must be amazing.

I have food and general stuff more expensive than the UK, I did think food from supermarkets would be cheaper but it’s not, I would say groceries are just over double UK price, in complete contrast I filled up the car with petrol today for the first time, it was nearly empty and I filled it until I couldn’t put any more in and it cost a few cents over $25 so that’s extremely cheap

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Tsunade » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:25 am

Sounds like you're having fun there Richard, that's a lot of Disney!

Image
Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Victor Mildew » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:15 am

RichardUK wrote:I have been to a Disney Springs and it does have free parking with no limit, the way around parking would be to get a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the Disney hotels and then get a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the parks, I didn’t dare do it but I do find the $25 parking annoying when it’s an extra on top, Universal charge $26, it’s good for them when you see all the cars and think each one is $25 plus all the entrance fees, the turnover must be amazing.

I have food and general stuff more expensive than the UK, I did think food from supermarkets would be cheaper but it’s not, I would say groceries are just over double UK price, in complete contrast I filled up the car with petrol today for the first time, it was nearly empty and I filled it until I couldn’t put any more in and it cost a few cents over $25 so that’s extremely cheap


A lot of the hotels have Disney pickups, not just the Disney ones themselves. You'll find a coach will often do the rounds which takes you there for free. The only downer of course being you're tied to the timetable of coaches, and then have to be around holidaying families with their kids :dread:

If you like steak, may I reccomend you go to Charlie's on international drive. It's next to a big pirate mini golf near the top end and close to that big wheel thing. It was voted the best steak house in the whole of America a few years running and it's windows are full of awards. I've had the best meal of my life in there, its utterly strawberry floating incredible food. Expensive, but we'll worth it. I think we spent about £300 there between 2 trips the last time we visited, and it's so good we're planning a one night stop on international drive the next time we're in Florida just to go there.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Rax » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:37 am

Ad7 wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I have been to a Disney Springs and it does have free parking with no limit, the way around parking would be to get a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the Disney hotels and then get a free Disney shuttle bus to any of the parks, I didn’t dare do it but I do find the $25 parking annoying when it’s an extra on top, Universal charge $26, it’s good for them when you see all the cars and think each one is $25 plus all the entrance fees, the turnover must be amazing.

I have food and general stuff more expensive than the UK, I did think food from supermarkets would be cheaper but it’s not, I would say groceries are just over double UK price, in complete contrast I filled up the car with petrol today for the first time, it was nearly empty and I filled it until I couldn’t put any more in and it cost a few cents over $25 so that’s extremely cheap


A lot of the hotels have Disney pickups, not just the Disney ones themselves. You'll find a coach will often do the rounds which takes you there for free. The only downer of course being you're tied to the timetable of coaches, and then have to be around holidaying families with their kids :dread:

If you like steak, may I reccomend you go to Charlie's on international drive. It's next to a big pirate mini golf near the top end and close to that big wheel thing. It was voted the best steak house in the whole of America a few years running and it's windows are full of awards. I've had the best meal of my life in there, its utterly strawberry floating incredible food. Expensive, but we'll worth it. I think we spent about £300 there between 2 trips the last time we visited, and it's so good we're planning a one night stop on international drive the next time we're in Florida just to go there.

YES! Charlies is the best, Im not a big steak eater but make time for Charlies when I go to Orlando, its the absolute business.

Last ime I was there I got a bone in ribeye and lobster tail, it was absolutely glorious!

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by RichardUK » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:16 am

It’s been a while but I have been embarrassed to say what’s happening but I thought I write it down and hopefully it will help,

So my partner who I left and the whole reason for this holiday was in a bad way and rang all the hotels in Munich thinking I was there and had no luck so went to my parents house, they talked to him and thought he was lovely and believed the things he said about wanting to change, around this time I was unaware and was staying in contact with my parents and I told them I was missing him, this was taken that we were getting back together and they met with him often,

I resisted any contact until Friday when I emailed him saying it had been two weeks since I had left and hope he was ok etc he has not been eating and has lost a lot of weight, he told me he loved me and he understood why I did what I did and that he would change etc basically if I wrote a list of things I would want it would be that, it sounded perfect, late Friday we started video calling and then Saturday did it for about 15 hours and then all day today saying how much we are in love etc,

But then tonight he has asked for me to come home early (it should be landing back in the UK on the 30th) but he said I can change it because it’s to long to wait to see me again and we will go together early next year,

I do honestly love him and I do believe he love me but I can feel that control coming back over me now, I have not gone anywhere or done anything for a couple of days, we are different continents and even have a bit of a argument today because he’s finding it hard to run the eBay business even though I used to do it on my own and he would think I wasn’t doing anything when I would literally do it all day sometimes 7 days a week,

In conclusion I feel I can’t live with him or without him, I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs and I don’t gamble but this love thing is a strawberry floating nightmare it must be worse than any of those things to move on from, he may have changed and we could be happy together for the rest of our lives or he’s not changed, I lose every penny I have and feel the same again in a few months but have no money to start a new life with and be back to square one again, if anyone has any magic brainwashing tablets so I could forget about him then I would pay a good price, thank you

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Parksey
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Parksey » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:19 am

You haven't even given the break up time though, really. It's in the two week stage, when you're still feeling very ounce of separation and your brain is almost willing you to go back just to mend the open wound you've created.

That's only natural, but that isn't a sign that you should go back. You haven't even given yourself a chance to try and get over him or see how you are on your own.

I don't think he's been entirely fair with his pleading too, especially by getting your parents involved, as that's sort of another layer of guilt on top of it all.

User avatar
Mommy
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Mommy » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:32 am

RichardUK wrote:It’s been a while but I have been embarrassed to say what’s happening but I thought I write it down and hopefully it will help,

So my partner who I left and the whole reason for this holiday was in a bad way and rang all the hotels in Munich thinking I was there and had no luck so went to my parents house, they talked to him and thought he was lovely and believed the things he said about wanting to change, around this time I was unaware and was staying in contact with my parents and I told them I was missing him, this was taken that we were getting back together and they met with him often,

I resisted any contact until Friday when I emailed him saying it had been two weeks since I had left and hope he was ok etc he has not been eating and has lost a lot of weight, he told me he loved me and he understood why I did what I did and that he would change etc basically if I wrote a list of things I would want it would be that, it sounded perfect, late Friday we started video calling and then Saturday did it for about 15 hours and then all day today saying how much we are in love etc,

But then tonight he has asked for me to come home early (it should be landing back in the UK on the 30th) but he said I can change it because it’s to long to wait to see me again and we will go together early next year,

I do honestly love him and I do believe he love me but I can feel that control coming back over me now, I have not gone anywhere or done anything for a couple of days, we are different continents and even have a bit of a argument today because he’s finding it hard to run the eBay business even though I used to do it on my own and he would think I wasn’t doing anything when I would literally do it all day sometimes 7 days a week,

In conclusion I feel I can’t live with him or without him, I don’t smoke, I don’t drink, I don’t do drugs and I don’t gamble but this love thing is a strawberry floating nightmare it must be worse than any of those things to move on from, he may have changed and we could be happy together for the rest of our lives or he’s not changed, I lose every penny I have and feel the same again in a few months but have no money to start a new life with and be back to square one again, if anyone has any magic brainwashing tablets so I could forget about him then I would pay a good price, thank you



You are doing fine there Richard. Him asking you to come home early isn't for you, it's for him. It's what he wants. He is trying to use your parents as a lever to get you back. There are dark days ahead but every day is a day closer to you being independent and stronger.

OK Boomer :simper:
User avatar
Rocsteady
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Rocsteady » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:23 am

Yeah. He hasn't changed.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Drumstick » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:32 am

Richard, go back and re-read the post you originally made about why you were leaving and all the things you sacrificed to be with him. Now imagine that post was written by somebody else and that person was asking you for advice. What would you say to them?

He is manipulating your parents into emotionally blackmailing you to staying with him. Recognise this.

Last edited by Drumstick on Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Victor Mildew » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:33 am

How bloody selfish. If he truly cared, he'd have got in touch to say he misses you, and to say "enjoy the rest of your trip, I'm thinking of you and I'll see you when you get back". Not I CONTACTED YOUR PARENTS AND DOBBED YOU IN AND RUINED YOUR TRIP LOVE ME LOVE ME.

I'm going to sound like a banana split for saying it, but I'm going to take a wild and crazy guess that you were the main provider of money to him.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Travel With RichardUK
by Tsunade » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:36 am

If he had changed he wouldn't have gone round to your parents and made them think he's lovely after (as you've said before) he hasn't wanted you to have much to do with them. The fact you already feel the control over you again is a sign NOT to go back to him. He's trying to manipulate things so you feel you have to go back. You don't! And if I were you I wouldn't.

You still need time and space to heal from this. Yes you love him, but if he truly loved you he wouldn't be trying to manipulate you into going back to him.

Image
Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, DarkRula, Frank, Minty14, Mr. Sis Boom Bah, MSN [Bot], Nook29, pjbetman, Rightey, Slimgrady, Somebody Else's Problem, Trelliz, Vermilion and 100 guests