US Politics 2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Meep » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:33 pm

It's an absurd scapegoating attempt, mainly only effective with older conservative people who are terrified of anything they don't understand. However, I find it hard to defend the games industry when it's own lobbyists are trying to block any attempt to block their most exploitative behaviour regarding unregulated gambling that destroys lives.

User avatar
FatDaz
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by FatDaz » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:53 pm

Missouri Walmart panic caused by armed man testing gun rights https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49303879

How stupid do you have to be to try this mere days after 2 mass shootings. Gun nuts be nuts I guess

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Garth » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:21 pm


He was apparently under 24-hour suicide watch.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Tafdolphin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:25 pm

Nothing at all suspicious there.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Moggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Nothing at all suspicious there.


That was my thought. This “suicide” could be very useful for some rich and powerful people....

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Alvin Flummux » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:30 pm

Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Nothing at all suspicious there.


That was my thought. This “suicide” could be very useful for some rich and powerful people....


What are they going to do about all the evidence?

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Lex-Man » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:35 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Nothing at all suspicious there.


That was my thought. This “suicide” could be very useful for some rich and powerful people....


What are they going to do about all the evidence?


Misfile it?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Tafdolphin » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:51 pm

He had already been found 'injured' in his cell. You think he'd have been on 24 hour suicide watch.

Apparently not.

Last edited by Tafdolphin on Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Peter Crisp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:57 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Nothing at all suspicious there.


That was my thought. This “suicide” could be very useful for some rich and powerful people....


What are they going to do about all the evidence?


What evidence :shifty: .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Corazon de Leon » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:31 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Hehad already been found 'injured' in his cell. You think he'd have been on 24 hour suicide watch.

Apparently not.


Apparently he was. My money says something’s amiss as well.

Image Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Peter Crisp » Sat Aug 10, 2019 5:52 pm

Given how he's such an important prisoner I'm amazed they didn't have him in a monitored cell with people who can step in at a moments notice.
I think this may indeed be a fishy situation and if they don't do a full investigation (I'd imagine his family will be screaming for this anyway) it will be massively fishy. In any event there's going to be conspiracy theories surrounding this for decades.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Karl_ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:08 pm

No-one could believe this is a suicide. It's ridiculous. There's no way a person in that position could have found a way to kill themself. But give it a couple weeks and it'll be largely forgotten about, and the interests that had him bumped off know that.

User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: US Politics 2
by captain red dog » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:14 pm

I remember when he got arrested people were already saying at that point that he would end up dead. I don't understand how such a high profile suspect could end up being in a position to be able to commit suicide whilst in jail.

Its the perfect crime for the interested parties though. A peado dying in jail isn't exactly the catalyst for a major investigation, as Karl says, within a week or so, possibly even days, the news cycle will move on.

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Meep » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:16 pm

Sure, a witness of this importance would usually be under suicide watch. I suppose the cameras most have had a "glitch".

I don't think this was Trump though. There is a lot of big money with an interest in this man ending up dead and the president is one of the most highly observed people in the country. It would have been much easier and safer for one of his other former friends to arrange a hit.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Moggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:25 pm

Karl_ wrote:No-one could believe this is a suicide. It's ridiculous. There's no way a person in that position could have found a way to kill themself. But give it a couple weeks and it'll be largely forgotten about, and the interests that had him bumped off know that.


It’s amazing reading all the conspiracy theories around this.

Right wingers believe this is part of the #clintonbodycount

Left wingers believe it was Trump.

(UK) republicans believe it was the Royals.

It shows just how shady powerful people are that you can make a convincing case against all of them. :lol:

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 2
by KK » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Whatever the truth is, what a monumental failure of justice. A masterclass in how to strawberry float it up.

Image
User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: US Politics 2
by suzzopher » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:37 pm

Murdoch, Branson, The royals, Trump, the Clintons, Blair etc etc it reminds me of the Conservative party in the Simpsons.

I don’t think a hit was carried out, more a case of, the above saying kill yourself or get yourself killed and we’ll look after your family, if not we’ll ruin your family.

As it stands now, a pedo is dead and that’ll be the end of it. No chance any of the above will be found out.

The elite of our society showing that with enough money you are actually above the law.

User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Karl_ » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Moggy wrote:
Karl_ wrote:No-one could believe this is a suicide. It's ridiculous. There's no way a person in that position could have found a way to kill themself. But give it a couple weeks and it'll be largely forgotten about, and the interests that had him bumped off know that.

It’s amazing reading all the conspiracy theories around this. Right wingers believe this is part of the #clintonbodycount. Left wingers believe it was Trump. (UK) republicans believe it was the Royals.

It shows just how shady powerful people are that you can make a convincing case against all of them. :lol:

Yes. And the conspiracy theorists are kind of close to the right idea, but to fit their very partisan world-view ("our rich guys are good, it's the other side's rich guys that are bad!") they have to mix in extra nonsense about Russia or pizza restaurants.

The real root of the problem is that there is a class of people rich and powerful enough to pull this kind of stunt at all. The ultra-rich are influential enough to make themselves above the law, and will close ranks to divert attempts to bring them to justice.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Moggy » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:45 pm

Karl_ wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Karl_ wrote:No-one could believe this is a suicide. It's ridiculous. There's no way a person in that position could have found a way to kill themself. But give it a couple weeks and it'll be largely forgotten about, and the interests that had him bumped off know that.

It’s amazing reading all the conspiracy theories around this. Right wingers believe this is part of the #clintonbodycount. Left wingers believe it was Trump. (UK) republicans believe it was the Royals.

It shows just how shady powerful people are that you can make a convincing case against all of them. :lol:

Yes. And the conspiracy theorists are kind of close to the right idea, but to fit their very partisan world-view ("our rich guys are good, it's the other side's rich guys that are bad!") they have to mix in extra nonsense about Russia or pizza restaurants.

The real root of the problem is that there is a class of people rich and powerful enough to pull this kind of stunt at all. The ultra-rich are influential enough to make themselves above the law, and will close ranks to divert attempts to bring them to justice.


It’ll be interesting to see what the official report on this says. Especially if there was a “glitch” in the cameras...

I don’t usually like conspiracy theories but in this case it’s hard not to think there’s something to it. A bit like Dr David Kelly who conveniently died around the time of the WMD dossier.

User avatar
Banjo
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nobody cares

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Banjo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Conveniently it appears the cameras were malfunctioning at the time. How unfortunate!


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Cuttooth, Denster, Dowbocop, Errkal, Godzilla, Monkey Man, Oblomov Boblomov, PaperMacheMario, Peter Crisp, Tineash, Trelliz and 46 guests