US Politics 2

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Moggy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:45 am

Drumstick wrote:Sigh. 4 more years of Trump it is, then.


You think? His handling of this crisis has been terrible and we are nowhere near the peak yet. His die hard support will not dry up, but there are tens of millions of people that can be turned away from him if he is seen to have made this worse.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Drumstick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:58 am

Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Sigh. 4 more years of Trump it is, then.


You think? His handling of this crisis has been terrible and we are nowhere near the peak yet. His die hard support will not dry up, but there are tens of millions of people that can be turned away from him if he is seen to have made this worse.

The middle-ground establishment candidate lost in 2016 vs. Trump. America has since moved further to the right, Biden is slightly left of HRC, so yeah I'm pretty sure.

I would (obviously) love to be wrong.

An article on the Democrats that won't vote for Biden in the Presidential Election: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -candidate

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Memento Mori » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Again though the Bernie or Busters aren't voting for Bernie in big enough numbers in the primaries so why would they do so in the general election? Bernie is doing worse this time around than he did in 2016.

User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Hexx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Drumstick wrote:An article on the Democrats that won't vote for Biden in the Presidential Election: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -candidate


strawberry float every single one of those people.

The complete abdication of any sort personal responsibility of culpability is breathtaking...

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Drumstick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:13 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Again though the Bernie or Busters aren't voting for Bernie in big enough numbers in the primaries so why would they do so in the general election? Bernie is doing worse this time around than he did in 2016.

What the article is saying is that they won't vote for Biden or any other Democrat, and that could be important.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Moggy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Drumstick wrote:Sigh. 4 more years of Trump it is, then.


You think? His handling of this crisis has been terrible and we are nowhere near the peak yet. His die hard support will not dry up, but there are tens of millions of people that can be turned away from him if he is seen to have made this worse.

The middle-ground establishment candidate lost in 2016 vs. Trump. America has since moved further to the right, Biden is slightly left of HRC, so yeah I'm pretty sure.

I would (obviously) love to be wrong.

An article on the Democrats that won't vote for Biden in the Presidential Election: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -candidate


If America has moved further right, then it is good news that Sanders lost to Biden.

Image
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Hexx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:14 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Again though the Bernie or Busters aren't voting for Bernie in big enough numbers in the primaries so why would they do so in the general election? Bernie is doing worse this time around than he did in 2016.

What the article is saying is that they won't vote for Biden or any other Democrat, and that could be important.


But it's not their fault if this has negative consequence. You're missing the key cuntitude.

User avatar
Grumpy David
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Grumpy David » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Until 3 weeks ago, I thought Trump was very likely to win this so long as he's not up against Bernie.

Then Coronavirus came along and the USA reacted too slowly and Trump could well pay the price for it.

However a week is a long time in politics and the Presidential election isn't till November and we've got an incredibly strange bit of history unfolding before our eyes.

Presumably Trump does better with the elderly demographics but they're likely to be lower in number by November and it only takes a few key swings to have large impacts in the electoral college system to change the outcome.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Drumstick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:20 pm

Hexx wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Again though the Bernie or Busters aren't voting for Bernie in big enough numbers in the primaries so why would they do so in the general election? Bernie is doing worse this time around than he did in 2016.

What the article is saying is that they won't vote for Biden or any other Democrat, and that could be important.

But it's not their fault if this has negative consequence. You're missing the key cuntitude.

OK, let's be clear: I'm not endorsing their view, I actually feel the same way as you about them.

Edit: nvm

Last edited by Drumstick on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Hexx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:24 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Hexx wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Memento Mori wrote:Again though the Bernie or Busters aren't voting for Bernie in big enough numbers in the primaries so why would they do so in the general election? Bernie is doing worse this time around than he did in 2016.

What the article is saying is that they won't vote for Biden or any other Democrat, and that could be important.

But it's not their fault if this has negative consequence. You're missing the key cuntitude.

OK, let's be clear: I'm not endorsing their view, I actually feel the same way as you about them.


I didn't meant to suggest you were. (I even just went back and checked I didn't accidentally type a "," after key :lol: )

I still think it's utterly depressing that Biden (and everything he embodies) is what ended up being picked but here we are :

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Drumstick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:28 pm

Hexx wrote:I still think it's utterly depressing that Biden (and everything he embodies) is what ended up being picked but here we are :

Agreed.

I think it would have been more beneficial for America to have been given the choice of far left vs. far right.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Hexx » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:29 pm

Drumstick wrote:
Hexx wrote:I still think it's utterly depressing that Biden (and everything he embodies) is what ended up being picked but here we are :

Agreed.

I think it would have been more beneficial for America to have been given the choice of far left vs. far right.


I meant more 70 year+, white, dude, straight etc.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Drumstick » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:34 pm

Grumpy David wrote:
Presumably Trump does better with the elderly demographics but they're likely to be lower in number by November and it only takes a few key swings to have large impacts in the electoral college system to change the outcome.

Biden has crushed Bernie in the older demographics and I think if he does beat Trump it'll be because he wins over more oldies.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Peter Crisp » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:53 pm

Anyone who thinks that Trump has done a good job obviously hasn't been paying attention.
His underplaying of the situation for the last 2 months will cost many lives and his inability to take even the smallest amount of responsibility for that delay should severely hurt his chances. I have hope that Americans will see how badly he's bungled the response and vote him out of office and that as soon as he's out we can see him being forced into revealing his tax information so we can all see just what a scam artist he really is and then watch as his core supporters struggle to defend him.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Cuttooth » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:24 pm

Hexx wrote:
Drumstick wrote:
Hexx wrote:I still think it's utterly depressing that Biden (and everything he embodies) is what ended up being picked but here we are :

Agreed.

I think it would have been more beneficial for America to have been given the choice of far left vs. far right.


I meant more 70 year+, white, dude, straight etc.

While true, there's an important distinction that only Sanders receives antisemitic abuse.

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Alvin Flummux » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Hexx wrote:
Drumstick wrote:An article on the Democrats that won't vote for Biden in the Presidential Election: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -candidate


strawberry float every single one of those people.

The complete abdication of any sort personal responsibility of culpability is breathtaking...


So you're saying they're like Biden?

Drumstick wrote:
Grumpy David wrote:
Presumably Trump does better with the elderly demographics but they're likely to be lower in number by November and it only takes a few key swings to have large impacts in the electoral college system to change the outcome.

Biden has crushed Bernie in the older demographics and I think if he does beat Trump it'll be because he wins over more oldies.


Biden is a late 20th century politician, so of course he resonates with other oldies, because he's just like them - casually racist, bigoted, not far right, terrified of anything left of Nixon.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Moggy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:20 pm



America would be so much happier and sane without the sewer that is Fox News.

Image
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Preezy » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:31 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Anyone who thinks that Trump has done a good job obviously hasn't been paying attention.
His underplaying of the situation for the last 2 months will cost many lives and his inability to take even the smallest amount of responsibility for that delay should severely hurt his chances. I have hope that Americans will see how badly he's bungled the response and vote him out of office and that as soon as he's out we can see him being forced into revealing his tax information so we can all see just what a scam artist he really is and then watch as his core supporters struggle to defend him.

Totally praises the President, thank you!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Tomous » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:47 pm

Moggy wrote:

America would be so much happier and sane without the sewer that is Fox News.




Everyone involved in that initial misreporting should be in jail. Such a dangerous measure to ingrain on an impressionable American public. Who knows the damage that causes.

Image
User avatar
Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 2
by Cuttooth » Wed Mar 18, 2020 5:49 pm

The damage that causes:



Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot], RichardUK, Snowcannon and 61 guests