US Politics 3

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Squinty » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:40 pm

VlaSoul wrote:Interestingly Cancun's murder rate skyrocketted during his stay there


Zodiac Killer :datass:

User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:12 pm

Image

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Moggy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:47 pm

twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1362832494308061185



:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Peter Crisp » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:07 pm

It must be pretty great to get paid to just make up random bullshit.

I'd go with an in depth expose about how FIFA has been keeping Luton Town down for decades because they fear they'll win everything.
It's the only reason I can think for them being in the Championship.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Alvin Flummux
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Wilmington, OH, USA
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Alvin Flummux » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:12 pm


User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Moggy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:33 pm

Alvin Flummux wrote:Cancel culture needs to go after Fox News until the network is no more.


Sorry mate, we're too busy trying to cancel Arpachshad.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Squinty » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:44 am

Moggy wrote:

twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1362832494308061185



:lol: :lol: :lol:


I can't believe they'd cancel that character with the magical powers.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Moggy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:48 am

twitter.com/Khanoisseur/status/1362839426154590208


Image
User avatar
aayl1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by aayl1 » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:38 am

My parents live in Texas . They were without power for 20 hours earlier this week but have had it back for a few days now. They also had water and gas throughout so quite lucky in the scheme of things really.

Switch Code - 2446-6608-4888
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Squinty » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:24 am

Jesus Christ, she looks like a complete psychopath.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Peter Crisp » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:17 pm

It's amazing when you talk about the 2nd amendment with people who seem to feel the founders somehow could foresee modern weaponry when they wrote the constitution.
I don't think they realise how odd they seem to the rest of the world when they argue that they should be allowed to have military style weapons for self defence.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Xeno » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:54 pm

I'm sorry you feel that way Peter, it is their right to own anti-personnel mines and M61 Vulcan cannons. I mean, what if black people moved in next door? How would they protect their families? What if their daughters dated a black man?

Oh the huge manatee.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Lex-Man » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:10 pm

The thing is there was loads of crap in the original constitution. Slavery for starters but also a ban on voting for women and men who didn't own land.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Xeno
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Xeno » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:19 pm

I am still laughing at Boebert saying you cant just change the constitution and remove things you don't like. Someone needs to ask her on camera if she would vote for the constitution to be set back to the original with removal of all the changes, and when she says yes run adds saying she is against the second amendment.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Moggy » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Xeno wrote:I am still laughing at Boebert saying you cant just change the constitution and remove things you don't like. Someone needs to ask her on camera if she would vote for the constitution to be set back to the original with removal of all the changes, and when she says yes run adds saying she is against the second amendment.


And then chuck her out of the Senate as she obviously disagrees with the 19th Amendment.

Image
User avatar
VlaSoul
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: US Politics 3
by VlaSoul » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:11 am

Peter Crisp wrote:It's amazing when you talk about the 2nd amendment with people who seem to feel the founders somehow could foresee modern weaponry when they wrote the constitution.
I don't think they realise how odd they seem to the rest of the world when they argue that they should be allowed to have military style weapons for self defence.

I'd be all for the second amendment if it limited people to just owning single shot muskets and cannons

Image
was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Hexx » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:43 pm

Squinty wrote:The usual twats defending him.

I did not realise the extent of the issues in Texas. How in the strawberry float does that happen?


This is only about the price gouges and explained it so even I could get it

twitter.com/SRuhle/status/1363345672766947334



But at the heart of the problem (as I understand and I this is based on a few days reading) is Texas libertarians never wanted their state connected to the "national" grid - so importing power is impossible, and their local production of many utlities is absolutely strawberry floated (relied on the free market private companies to adequately protect the stations from extreme events which...lol costs money so no)

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 3
by KK » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:04 pm

I think it shows how many countries are probably one extreme weather event away from severe catastrophe.

Doomsday preppers tend to all be a bit...eccentric, but to have a fully stocked cupboard if at all possible, along with candles, batteries, stuff like that, is a rather good idea. Sole reliance on electricity is asking for trouble as well, but again not everyone gets a choice.

The time it's taken for electricity to come back on in Texas, coupled with the speed at which supermarket shelves have been stripped (a common occurrence these past 12 months wherever you are) shows how fragile things are.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Squinty » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:07 pm

KK wrote:I think it shows how many countries are probably one extreme weather event away from severe catastrophe.

Doomsday preppers tend to all be a bit...eccentric, but to have a fully stocked cupboard if at all possible, along with candles, batteries, stuff like that, is a rather good idea. Sole reliance on electricity is asking for trouble as well, but again not everyone gets a choice.

The time it's taken for electricity to come back on in Texas, coupled with the speed at which supermarket shelves have been stripped (a common occurrence these past 12 months wherever you are) shows how fragile things are.


I was actually thinking this the other day. And then I read an article on coronal mass ejection and it scared the gooseberry fool out of me even further.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Lex-Man » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:28 pm

Moggy wrote:

twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1362832494308061185



:lol: :lol: :lol:


Would you cancel Lott or his Daughters.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.

Return to “Stuff”