US Politics 3

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Oblomov Boblomov » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 am

Moggy wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Couldn't have been much more wrong there, Taf. Some sort of link to a religious extremist group, too.


He's linked to Nation of Islam but it's not clear if it was a political/religiously motivated attacked. If the police are saying it wasn't terrorism, then it sounds more like "lone nutter".

The right wing and Q types are jumping all over the Nation of Islam links, but they are forgetting that Louis Farrakhan (NoI leader) was full of praise for Trump. They've just seen Islam/Black man and assumed this is a left wing attack. Idiots.

These are the type of morons who can only see the world in a 'them and us' format. I wonder if it hurts their brains to have such limited scope of thought, or if it's actually quite soothing.

I understand Taf's logic, of course, but I do think it is a bit daft to speculate like that, especially when it relates to something like this.

I still don't understand RotS's logic...

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Moggy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:41 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:These are the type of morons who can only see the world in a 'them and us' format. I wonder if it hurts their brains to have such limited scope of thought, or if it's actually quite soothing.


They are all so full of rage that it's hard to believe their delusions are soothing.

Image
User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tafdolphin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:49 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I still don't understand RotS's logic...


I think he's insinuated I was being racist for my assumptions on the attacker's race.

I was wrong, and deffo deserved to be called out for being so, but I wasn't being racist by thinking the guy was white due to the hasty classification of the attack as not-terrorism-related. I genuinely think RoTS thinks racism is something it isn't.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:41 am

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:Couldn't have been much more wrong there, Taf. Some sort of link to a religious extremist group, too.


He's linked to Nation of Islam but it's not clear if it was a political/religiously motivated attacked. If the police are saying it wasn't terrorism, then it sounds more like "lone nutter".

The right wing and Q types are jumping all over the Nation of Islam links, but they are forgetting that Louis Farrakhan (NoI leader) was full of praise for Trump. They've just seen Islam/Black man and assumed this is a left wing attack. Idiots.

These are the type of morons who can only see the world in a 'them and us' format. I wonder if it hurts their brains to have such limited scope of thought, or if it's actually quite soothing.

I understand Taf's logic, of course, but I do think it is a bit daft to speculate like that, especially when it relates to something like this.

I still don't understand RotS's logic...


My logic was that it was daft as you say to bring someone’s race into it. It wasn’t necessary to make an assumption based on race and he acknowledged that.

I don’t take any offence to his comment. It’s fine.

User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tafdolphin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Let's just be real strawberry floating clear here: mentioning race does not equate to being casually racist.

Like at all.

You insinuated I was being racist and I absolutely, absolutely, was not. Without going all Karen, I'm actually kind of offended by that.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Tafdolphin wrote:Let's just be real strawberry floating clear here: mentioning race does not equate to being casually racist.

Like at all.

You insinuated I was being racist and I absolutely, absolutely, was not. Without going all Karen, I'm actually kind offended by that.


You didn’t just mention race though. You made an assumption based on prejudice in an antagonistic manner.

It’s a perception, that’s how I perceived it. If you are saying that there was no malice behind the comment then I believe you. It’s fine. You seem like a caring, liberal kind of person so I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding on my part and I apologise.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Victor Mildew » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:15 pm

Image

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tafdolphin
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
RETURN POLICY ABUSER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tafdolphin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:07 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Let's just be real strawberry floating clear here: mentioning race does not equate to being casually racist.

Like at all.

You insinuated I was being racist and I absolutely, absolutely, was not. Without going all Karen, I'm actually kind offended by that.


You didn’t just mention race though. You made an assumption based on prejudice in an antagonistic manner.

It’s a perception, that’s how I perceived it. If you are saying that there was no malice behind the comment then I believe you. It’s fine. You seem like a caring, liberal kind of person so I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding on my part and I apologise.


Apology accepted.

---------------------------
Games wot I worked on:
Night Call: Out now!
Rip Them Off: Out now!
Chinatown Detective Agency: 2021!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tomous » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:24 pm

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
Tafdolphin wrote:Let's just be real strawberry floating clear here: mentioning race does not equate to being casually racist.

Like at all.

You insinuated I was being racist and I absolutely, absolutely, was not. Without going all Karen, I'm actually kind offended by that.


You didn’t just mention race though. You made an assumption based on prejudice in an antagonistic manner.

It’s a perception, that’s how I perceived it. If you are saying that there was no malice behind the comment then I believe you. It’s fine. You seem like a caring, liberal kind of person so I’m sure it’s all a misunderstanding on my part and I apologise.



Taf was clearly criticising the way America categorise domestic terrorism...ie when the perpetrator is white, they don't call it terrorism.

Image
User avatar
captain red dog
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Bristol, UK

PostRe: US Politics 3
by captain red dog » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:15 pm

Reading up on the Georgia voting rights Bill. Pretty shitty stuff. Make massive queues, but then prevent people from being given water whilst they wait? Disgusting. I get that offering food and drinks in polling stations in the UK is illegal, but we don't have mile long queues just to cast a vote.

Federally they need a law to prevent queuing for longer than 10 mins, with strict fines and legal action against states that don't provide enough polling capacity.

User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tomous » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:17 pm

If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. The will reject democracy

Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Albear » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:39 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Image


:lol:

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Squinty » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:52 pm

Image

I don't care so long as I can have a go at the Libs! They invented gayness!

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Photek » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:47 pm

FECKIN GREEKS!

Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tomous » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:49 pm

twitter.com/funder/status/1378133494531043328



:dread:

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Knoyleo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:21 am

twitter.com/krupali/status/1378556380550852613



Checkmate liberal communists

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Moggy » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:26 am

Knoyleo wrote:

twitter.com/krupali/status/1378556380550852613



Checkmate liberal communists


I'd try and argue with her, but there's no way I could defeat somebody with such a high GPA.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
Member
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Tomous » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:34 am

There's no way that is real :lol:

Image
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Knoyleo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:42 am

Tomous wrote:There's no way that is real :lol:

Apparently the poster isn't, (although the real one isn't much better,) but it seems like that is actually something she said.

twitter.com/Kait_Meehan/status/1378760462955909126


pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
User avatar
Oblomov Boblomov
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: US Politics 3
by Oblomov Boblomov » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:44 am

The real poster is actually worse :lol: :fp:.

Image

Return to “Stuff”