VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostVESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Qikz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:27 am

I've recently got a new desk (put it up today!) and I'm looking to move onto a VESA mount to save desk space. Has anyone got any recommendations for a double monitor VESA? Or perhaps even a single that I can get double of if that ends up working out better.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Dowbocop » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 am

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/buyagain?at ... b_bia_item

That's the one I have. Works fine for my two non-identical monitors and gives me so much more space.

One thing I would look at is the back of your desk. Monitor clamps need space both above and below the desk surface to actually clamp on securely (imagine holding something firmly versus pinching with fingertips). The back panel of my desk is about a foot deep which means the clamp won't fit over it properly. It's not the end of the world - I had a bit of an old TV mount going spare so I used that to extend the clamp length, but that will only work if the clamp comes in two parts and you assemble it yourself. I don't know if I've explained that very well :lol:

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Qikz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:14 am

Dowbocop wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/buyagain?ats=eyJjdXN0b21lcklkIjoiQTJJNjVLUlVWSVozOEkiLCJleHBsaWNpdENhbmRpZGF0ZXMiOiJCMDdQV0s0UjlTIn0%3D&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_bia_item

That's the one I have. Works fine for my two non-identical monitors and gives me so much more space.

One thing I would look at is the back of your desk. Monitor clamps need space both above and below the desk surface to actually clamp on securely (imagine holding something firmly versus pinching with fingertips). The back panel of my desk is about a foot deep which means the clamp won't fit over it properly. It's not the end of the world - I had a bit of an old TV mount going spare so I used that to extend the clamp length, but that will only work if the clamp comes in two parts and you assemble it yourself. I don't know if I've explained that very well :lol:


The link you've given me takes me to my buy again page.

My new desk is a flat bit of wood that isn't too thick, probably around 5cm or so so hopefully that should clamp properly!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Knoyleo
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Knoyleo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:28 am

Image

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Victor Mildew » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:32 am

I got mine of these in black, and it's excellent (I move my monitor around a lot when changing what I'm using the desk for).

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... onitor-arm

They do a double version

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... onitor-arm

Or this one

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... nitor-arms

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Qikz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:48 am

Victor Mildew wrote:I got mine of these in black, and it's excellent (I move my monitor around a lot when changing what I'm using the desk for).

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... onitor-arm

They do a double version

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... onitor-arm

Or this one

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... nitor-arms


I think that might be a little too high tech/expensive for me, but thanks for the recommendations. It does look nice!

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Dowbocop » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:53 am

Qikz wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/buyagain?ats=eyJjdXN0b21lcklkIjoiQTJJNjVLUlVWSVozOEkiLCJleHBsaWNpdENhbmRpZGF0ZXMiOiJCMDdQV0s0UjlTIn0%3D&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_bia_item

That's the one I have. Works fine for my two non-identical monitors and gives me so much more space.

One thing I would look at is the back of your desk. Monitor clamps need space both above and below the desk surface to actually clamp on securely (imagine holding something firmly versus pinching with fingertips). The back panel of my desk is about a foot deep which means the clamp won't fit over it properly. It's not the end of the world - I had a bit of an old TV mount going spare so I used that to extend the clamp length, but that will only work if the clamp comes in two parts and you assemble it yourself. I don't know if I've explained that very well :lol:


The link you've given me takes me to my buy again page.

My new desk is a flat bit of wood that isn't too thick, probably around 5cm or so so hopefully that should clamp properly!

Sorry, try this :lol:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUANUO-Monitor ... _m_rp_1_sc

You should be able to see what I mean about the clamp now. My desk is similar to this one (but without the cable cutout) so it was a complete no go until the mods.

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-pa ... ak/p592426

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Victor Mildew » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:53 am

I bought it when they had a sale on, I think it was about £60 off or something, there's no way I'd pay full price for that!

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Qikz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:05 am

Dowbocop wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/buyagain?ats=eyJjdXN0b21lcklkIjoiQTJJNjVLUlVWSVozOEkiLCJleHBsaWNpdENhbmRpZGF0ZXMiOiJCMDdQV0s0UjlTIn0%3D&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_bia_item

That's the one I have. Works fine for my two non-identical monitors and gives me so much more space.

One thing I would look at is the back of your desk. Monitor clamps need space both above and below the desk surface to actually clamp on securely (imagine holding something firmly versus pinching with fingertips). The back panel of my desk is about a foot deep which means the clamp won't fit over it properly. It's not the end of the world - I had a bit of an old TV mount going spare so I used that to extend the clamp length, but that will only work if the clamp comes in two parts and you assemble it yourself. I don't know if I've explained that very well :lol:


The link you've given me takes me to my buy again page.

My new desk is a flat bit of wood that isn't too thick, probably around 5cm or so so hopefully that should clamp properly!

Sorry, try this :lol:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUANUO-Monitor ... _m_rp_1_sc

You should be able to see what I mean about the clamp now. My desk is similar to this one (but without the cable cutout) so it was a complete no go until the mods.

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-pa ... ak/p592426


The one you've linked and the reason I worried about buying it given it's so cheap is is it relatively stable/is it too stiff? The ones we have at work are bulkier than they are and feel like garbage to use so I just want to make sure I get something better for home. :wub:

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
andretmzt
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Fareham

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by andretmzt » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:13 am

Victor Mildew wrote:I got mine of these in black, and it's excellent (I move my monitor around a lot when changing what I'm using the desk for).

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... onitor-arm

They do a double version

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... onitor-arm

Or this one

https://ukstore.hermanmiller.com/collec ... nitor-arms


:datass: I want a pair of those Ollins but I'm too poor.

I see you can get laptop mounts as well, I presume from the designer - https://www.colebrookbossonsaunders.com ... blet-mount

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Dowbocop » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:23 am

Qikz wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Dowbocop wrote:https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/buyagain?ats=eyJjdXN0b21lcklkIjoiQTJJNjVLUlVWSVozOEkiLCJleHBsaWNpdENhbmRpZGF0ZXMiOiJCMDdQV0s0UjlTIn0%3D&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_bia_item

That's the one I have. Works fine for my two non-identical monitors and gives me so much more space.

One thing I would look at is the back of your desk. Monitor clamps need space both above and below the desk surface to actually clamp on securely (imagine holding something firmly versus pinching with fingertips). The back panel of my desk is about a foot deep which means the clamp won't fit over it properly. It's not the end of the world - I had a bit of an old TV mount going spare so I used that to extend the clamp length, but that will only work if the clamp comes in two parts and you assemble it yourself. I don't know if I've explained that very well :lol:


The link you've given me takes me to my buy again page.

My new desk is a flat bit of wood that isn't too thick, probably around 5cm or so so hopefully that should clamp properly!

Sorry, try this :lol:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HUANUO-Monitor ... _m_rp_1_sc

You should be able to see what I mean about the clamp now. My desk is similar to this one (but without the cable cutout) so it was a complete no go until the mods.

https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-pa ... ak/p592426


The one you've linked and the reason I worried about buying it given it's so cheap is is it relatively stable/is it too stiff? The ones we have at work are bulkier than they are and feel like garbage to use so I just want to make sure I get something better for home. :wub:

It's fairly stable yeah. The joints are tightened by Allan key so I think it's as tight as you want it to be (no context). I don't move the monitors so I want them absolutely stationary and I think things are pretty straight, especially considering one of my monitors isn't VESA so I had to do ANOTHER modification and I imagine the weight distribution is all wrong :lol:

User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by jiggles » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:25 am

I used to use this when I had 2 monitors instead of one super ultrawide: https://www.onbuy.com/gb/duronic-monito ... p36390099/

It's great. Still just have it sitting in a box here collecting dust.

Streaming: Twitch | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by JChalmers » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:15 pm

I bought this start of lockdown and it's been fantastic;

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MR397OH/

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by False » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:40 pm

ive got one of those amazon ones and i find it sags a little, over time too the screen seem to slowly tilt forward

get what you pay for really

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Qikz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:06 pm

False wrote:ive got one of those amazon ones and i find it sags a little, over time too the screen seem to slowly tilt forward

get what you pay for really


What do you mean by sags a little? Also the tilt forward is that something you seem to be able to fix by adjusting again or is it just fully gone?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by False » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:10 pm

you fix it by just tilting it back, not a massive effort, but a bugbear

and sags a little i mean over time the right arm has gotten lower than the left, ive had them for about 18 months

like so;

Image

Image
User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Qikz » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:16 pm

False wrote:you fix it by just tilting it back, not a massive effort, but a bugbear

and sags a little i mean over time the right arm has gotten lower than the left, ive had them for about 18 months

like so;

Image


That's not too bad and given that's after 18 months and it's so cheap I might go for it.

Thanks for the recommendations all. It'll be here tomorrow so I'll let yall know how I get on.

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Ironhide » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:02 pm

I have one that clamps through my desk which eliminates the needing a gap at the back issue.

You will need to drill a hole in your desk though.

Image
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: VESA Double Monitor mount recommendations
by Errkal » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:20 pm

I have one of these and it's great. I didn't want to clamp onto my desk so this was great for me

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075SC9H1 ... BY6SDN2EWZ


Return to “Stuff”