Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Monkey Man » Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:06 pm

Been enjoying it a ton, certainly a few memorable moments every episode.

Image
User avatar
Rudolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Rudolphin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:57 am

Wake up. Check Twitter. More unmarked spoilers than I can count.

Brill.

Night Call: a game what I worked on. Out now!
t: @Tafdolphin | Twitch: Tafdolphin
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Memento Mori » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:18 pm

Watched episodes 6 and 7 today. Both were fantastic.

User avatar
Walking in a Winter Winckleland
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Walking in a Winter Winckleland » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:48 pm

Rudolphin wrote:Wake up. Check Twitter. More unmarked spoilers than I can count.

Brill.

Same. I'm sick of American prestige shows airing in Sundays, meaning you have to spend the whole Monday at work worrying about spoilers.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Cheeky Devlin » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:02 pm

This hasn't had a bad episode yet. I'm loving that it's not predictable (for me at least) but doesn't have twists from out of nowhere.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Hyperion » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:21 pm

Caught up on the last two episodes, loving it

Image
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Rog » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:58 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:This hasn't had a bad episode yet. I'm loving that it's not predictable (for me at least) but doesn't have twists from out of nowhere.


I would have fully agreed with you up until this last twist.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:06 pm

Rog wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:This hasn't had a bad episode yet. I'm loving that it's not predictable (for me at least) but doesn't have twists from out of nowhere.


I would have fully agreed with you up until this last twist.

I don't know... I kind of feel like they've been pushing the whole "Oh he's on Mars" angle pretty heavily, so for them to turn around and say, "Ah ha! No he's not", wasn't too much of a stretch for me.

Now HOW he's in Tulsa.... yeah that was a bit out of the blue (Pun intended)

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Rog
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Cleethorpes
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Rog » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:07 pm

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Rog wrote:
Cheeky Devlin wrote:This hasn't had a bad episode yet. I'm loving that it's not predictable (for me at least) but doesn't have twists from out of nowhere.


I would have fully agreed with you up until this last twist.

I don't know... I kind of feel like they've been pushing the whole "Oh he's on Mars" angle pretty heavily, so for them to turn around and say, "Ah ha! No he's not", wasn't too much of a stretch for me.

Now HOW he's in Tulsa.... yeah that was a bit out of the blue (Pun intended)


It's the who I have an issue with.

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Cheeky Devlin » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:14 pm

I imagine that there are some subtle hints in the previous episodes, but it didn't bother me.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Hyperion
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Beyond the wall

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Hyperion » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:33 pm

I had no idea that it would be her husband. Had they mentioned about their earlier relationship him not remembering something or whatever she alluded to before cracking his skull open?

Image
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Albear » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:30 am

This series is fantastic. Completely taken by surprise by how well crafted and directed it is.

Not sure if the gf understands what is going on, cant decide whether watching the movie would be a good or bad idea.

Anyone know how many episodes there are?

User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:06 am

Albear wrote:This series is fantastic. Completely taken by surprise by how well crafted and directed it is.

Not sure if the gf understands what is going on, cant decide whether watching the movie would be a good or bad idea.

Anyone know how many episodes there are?

10 in total I think.

I think reading the book is probably the best thing to do, but watching the movie is probably going to give at least some context to everything.

The books provide a lot more valuable information than the movie, but I appreciate getting someone to read a graphic novel over a movie can be hard.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:20 am

I saw the movie years ago but never read the comic. I am following the TV series just fine, but I am listening to a podcast after the episodes which fills in a lot of the backstory that I don’t know about.

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:39 am

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:I saw the movie years ago but never read the comic. I am following the TV series just fine, but I am listening to a podcast after the episodes which fills in a lot of the backstory that I don’t know about.

I've not listened to them, but if you get a chance the graphic novel is well worth it. I've got copies of the individual issues, which have a lot of supplementary stuff at the end, a lot of which really fleshes out some of the characters and back story. Loads of stuff on the origin of the heroes and the Minutemen in particular. Well worth a read if you get a chance.

I've been meaning to rewatch the movie as well. Despite a lot of the reactions it got I quite liked it and think Snyder did a good job distilling something as huge and bizarre as Watchmen into a movie length experience.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:41 am

So I take it this is great and I should be yarringwatching it ten?

Image
User avatar
Cheeky Devlin
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: The Dark And Lonely Regions, Where Nobody Goes.
Contact:

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Cheeky Devlin » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:50 am

Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:So I take it this is great and I should be yarringwatching it ten?


It's not had a bad episode so far and it's probably the show I look forward to the most each week. Which is saying something as Rick and Morty, The Mandalorian and Castle Rock are all great at the moment as well.

So yeah, it's well worth watching.

I was a little unsure of it at first, because it's not immediately obvious how it links to the original, but by the end of the first episode I was sold.

Check out some of our stuff!
Image Image Image

JOIN OUR MINECRAFT REALM HERE!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:56 am

Cheeky Devlin wrote:
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:So I take it this is great and I should be yarringwatching it ten?


It's not had a bad episode so far and it's probably the show I look forward to the most each week. Which is saying something as Rick and Morty, The Mandalorian and Castle Rock are all great at the moment as well.

So yeah, it's well worth watching.

I was a little unsure of it at first, because it's not immediately obvious how it links to the original, but by the end of the first episode I was sold.

Excellent I shall take the plunge on it then!

I've only watched the first two episodes of R&M season 4 so it's early days but I was a little let down myself - the show doesn't feel like it's got quite the same fizz about it as it had in the first couple of season. Still a damn fine show though.

I'm not aware of Castle Rock, is it the sequel to Fraggle?

Image
User avatar
Partridge Iciclebubbles
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Partridge Iciclebubbles » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:59 am

Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:So I take it this is great and I should be yarringwatching it ten?


I am not sure you need to watch it ten times, but it is worth watching.

Image
User avatar
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Watchmen - Nothing Ever Ends... Mondays on Sky Atlantic
by Jenu-All I Want For Christmas » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:01 pm

Partridge Iciclebubbles wrote:
Jenu-All I Want For Christmas wrote:So I take it this is great and I should be yarringwatching it ten?


I am not sure you need to watch it ten times, but it is worth watching.

:lol:

I only go in for shows that are good enough to stand up to ten viewings, I like to indulge myself with only the very best media. ;)

Image

Return to “Stuff”