The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:34 pm

The humidity is triggering my asthma every five minutes and I'm lying on the couch feeling rough as strawberry float. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Red
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Pons Aelius

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Red » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:37 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Really sunny but much cooler outside here today. It's still very nice but I'm kind of missing the heat from yesterday, it's not often we get to experience it over here


If you like the heat that much go live in a hotter country and take the heat with you.

Because I like lots of other things about the UK, including the varied climate we experience.

Liking the heat is not incompatible with liking other things too! :P


Maybe all the 'why does summer have to happen' people should go live somewhere more consistently cold. I hear the arctic circle is pretty good at this time of year, about 9 degrees and raining in Tromsø right now, for example.

Coconut Bob wrote:You come across as feminine as a cave troll so its no wonder you have little concept of the way females should behave.
User avatar
Memento Mori
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Memento Mori » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:44 pm

Just looked up Iceland- 11C and raining in Reykjavik right now. :datass: Must be nice.

User avatar
Outrunner
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Outrunner » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:23 pm

I'd love to move somewhere that has, at the very least, consistently cold, snowy winters. Unfortunately (for me) my favourite country for that kind of weather also has horribly hot, humid summers.

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:32 pm

Come on Snowball Earth, save us all!

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Dual » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:49 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:The humidity is triggering my asthma every five minutes and I'm lying on the couch feeling rough as strawberry float. :lol:


The hay fever has been horrible. Perfect conditions for grass pollen.

I'm on 3 tablets a day.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Hime » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Red wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Qikz wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Really sunny but much cooler outside here today. It's still very nice but I'm kind of missing the heat from yesterday, it's not often we get to experience it over here


If you like the heat that much go live in a hotter country and take the heat with you.

Because I like lots of other things about the UK, including the varied climate we experience.

Liking the heat is not incompatible with liking other things too! :P


Maybe all the 'why does summer have to happen' people should go live somewhere more consistently cold. I hear the arctic circle is pretty good at this time of year, about 9 degrees and raining in Tromsø right now, for example.

At least there is the option of getting air conditioning to stay cold insider when the weather is nice outside. Those of us who like being outdoors* are knackered for at least 3 months of the year.


*Just to get in there first, yes you can wrap up in the winter but we don't merely want to exist outside, we want to feel alive.

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Karl_ » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:12 pm

Red wrote:Maybe all the 'why does summer have to happen' people should go live somewhere more consistently cold. I hear the arctic circle is pretty good at this time of year, about 9 degrees and raining in Tromsø right now, for example.

The arctic circle hit 45 degrees C the other day. It was the hottest the arctic circle had been in recorded history.

User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Corazon de Leon » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:30 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Just looked up Iceland- 11C and raining in Reykjavik right now. :datass: Must be nice.


Iceland? More like slightly-cool and raining land, am I right?

Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Mafro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:12 pm

Dual wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:The humidity is triggering my asthma every five minutes and I'm lying on the couch feeling rough as strawberry float. :lol:


The hay fever has been horrible. Perfect conditions for grass pollen.

I'm on 3 tablets a day.

Got a Beconase nasal spray and its quality, It replaced the need for the antihistamine tablets I used to take.

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Vermilion » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:17 pm

Outrunner wrote:I'd love to move somewhere that has, at the very least, consistently cold, snowy winters. Unfortunately (for me) my favourite country for that kind of weather also has horribly hot, humid summers.


Germany?

They have lovely snowy winters, but when i went once in July, holy crap it was hot!

User avatar
Outrunner
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Outrunner » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:22 pm

Hime wrote:At least there is the option of getting air conditioning to stay cold insider when the weather is nice outside. Those of us who like being outdoors* are knackered for at least 3 months of the year.


*Just to get in there first, yes you can wrap up in the winter but we don't merely want to exist outside, we want to feel alive.


We have the same problem flipped around. I don't want to just exist inside, I'd like to be out hiking or seeing friends. I'm screwed for 3 months of the year too. It's unfortunate that my closest friend hates winter as much as I hate summer, we really only have the spring and autumn to enjoy walks together

Last edited by Outrunner on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Outrunner
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Outrunner » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:25 pm

Vermilion wrote:
Outrunner wrote:I'd love to move somewhere that has, at the very least, consistently cold, snowy winters. Unfortunately (for me) my favourite country for that kind of weather also has horribly hot, humid summers.


Germany?

They have lovely snowy winters, but when i went once in July, holy crap it was hot!


Japan. I've done every season but summer and from everything I've heard it will kill me. It's going to be fun studying over there in a few years time :toot:

User avatar
Vermilion
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Vermilion » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:27 pm

Outrunner wrote:
Vermilion wrote:
Outrunner wrote:I'd love to move somewhere that has, at the very least, consistently cold, snowy winters. Unfortunately (for me) my favourite country for that kind of weather also has horribly hot, humid summers.


Germany?

They have lovely snowy winters, but when i went once in July, holy crap it was hot!


Japan. I've done every season but summer and from everything I've heard it will kill me. It's going to be fun studying over there in a few years time :toot:


Ah right, Germany and Japan do have one other thing in common too, those weird electronic toilets with all the random buttons in public convieniences.

User avatar
Minty14
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Nottinghamshire
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Minty14 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:57 pm

Japan is brutally humid in the summer. Like walking outside into a sauna.

User avatar
Hime
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Hime » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Outrunner wrote:
Hime wrote:At least there is the option of getting air conditioning to stay cold insider when the weather is nice outside. Those of us who like being outdoors* are knackered for at least 3 months of the year.


*Just to get in there first, yes you can wrap up in the winter but we don't merely want to exist outside, we want to feel alive.


We have the same problem flipped around. I don't want to just exist inside, I'd like to be out hiking or seeing friends. I'm screwed for 3 months of the year too. It's unfortunate that my closest friend hates winter as much as I hate summer, we really only have the spring and autumn to enjoy walks together

But you could do that in summer, obviously I could sit outside and eat in the drizzling rain but it's not really the same.

If so could I'd definitely move somewhere with nicer weather all year round. California is my idea of perfect as far as weather goes. You're or a short drive away from mountains with snow for skiing/snowboarding or beaches/nice outdoor places for sun.

Image
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by DarkRula » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:58 pm

I'm getting a holiday home in the northern Scottish mountains where I can retreat to during summer. After all, how hot could it possibly be up there?

On second thoughts, that might be a bad idea.

Image
Image
User avatar
Return_of_the_STAR
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Northampton

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:56 am

DarkRula wrote:I'm getting a holiday home in the northern Scottish mountains where I can retreat to during summer. After all, how hot could it possibly be up there?

On second thoughts, that might be a bad idea.


In seriousness whenever we have these heatwaves I always look at the temperature in Scotland and wish I could retreat there :lol:

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Moggy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:46 am

Return_of_the_STAR wrote:
DarkRula wrote:I'm getting a holiday home in the northern Scottish mountains where I can retreat to during summer. After all, how hot could it possibly be up there?

On second thoughts, that might be a bad idea.


In seriousness whenever we have these heatwaves I always look at the temperature in Scotland and wish I could retreat there :lol:


One problem: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_midge

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The Heatwave Topic 2019 | The Struggle is Real
by Victor Mildew » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:08 am

What The strawberry float is this rain doing here? :x

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bunni, Google [Bot], Lex-Man, Little Old Man, RichardUK, The Watching Artist and 56 guests