What has annoyed you on the roads today?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Robbo-92 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Forever 40 drivers, clear easy 60 mph road? Drive at 40 mph, 30 mph with a junior school in the middle of it? 40 mph.

Also a good chunk of SUV drivers are just royal pains, had someone overtake me in a 30 (crossing into a filter lane for oncoming traffic to turn), narrowly missing my front corner darting back in front of me, I’m sure they think a crappy SUV gives them precedent on the roads.

Finally some LED lights are just abysmal, look like they have their full beam on constantly which almost blinds you. Not sure how some manufacturers LED options have been given the ok really.

Image

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Squinty » Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:16 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:Forever 40 drivers, clear easy 60 mph road? Drive at 40 mph, 30 mph with a junior school in the middle of it? 40 mph.


This. The utter bastards.

User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by <]:^D » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:34 pm

i can +1 for roundabouts. had a lady following someone turning right into the upright of a T-junction today just ignore me until she was almost hitting my front wheel and just put her hand up to apologise. look where youre going instead of following the car blindly in front :fp:

User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by cocacola » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:00 am

Something that used to annoy me when I used to drive... When queueing in traffic and cyclists used to overtake you on the inside. Just me that gets annoyed? They're the first to complain, yet they think they own the road.

User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Squinty » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:39 am

cocacola wrote:Something that used to annoy me when I used to drive... When queueing in traffic and cyclists used to overtake you on the inside. Just me that gets annoyed? They're the first to complain, yet they think they own the road.


I think cyclists (and any slow moving thing) annoy me in general.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Moggy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 am

cocacola wrote:Something that used to annoy me when I used to drive... When queueing in traffic and cyclists used to overtake you on the inside. Just me that gets annoyed? They're the first to complain, yet they think they own the road.


They think they own the road because they overtake stationary cars?

Image
pjbetman
Member
Joined in 2017

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by pjbetman » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:50 am

Moggy wrote:
cocacola wrote:Something that used to annoy me when I used to drive... When queueing in traffic and cyclists used to overtake you on the inside. Just me that gets annoyed? They're the first to complain, yet they think they own the road.


They think they own the road because they overtake stationary cars?


:slol:

User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Lagamorph » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:07 am

pjbetman wrote:
Moggy wrote:
cocacola wrote:Something that used to annoy me when I used to drive... When queueing in traffic and cyclists used to overtake you on the inside. Just me that gets annoyed? They're the first to complain, yet they think they own the road.


They think they own the road because they overtake stationary cars?


:slol:

Passing on the inside when traffic is stationary is one thing (it's a stupid idea but if nothing is moving there isn't much option), but what gets me is when cyclists pass slow moving traffic on the inside without the benefit of a cycle path. That's just strawberry floating stupid as cars ahead may turn left and there's no way to see them indicating because of the close traffic, or a bus might stop and people are getting off, or a car might stop for someone to get out.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Robbo-92 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:19 am

Speaking of cyclists, some really do give the many a really bad name, mainly the amount I see running red lights, I’m always worried that one day their luck will run out.

Image

Image
User avatar
Blue Eyes
Member
Joined in 2011

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Blue Eyes » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:22 am

Really think running red lights is normally a nothing crime. Obviously you shouldn't do it at crossings where traffic is coming, but when it's a pedestrian crossing where nobody is crossing the road, what does it really matter? It doesn't matter.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:53 am

Lagamorph wrote:
pjbetman wrote:
Moggy wrote:
cocacola wrote:Something that used to annoy me when I used to drive... When queueing in traffic and cyclists used to overtake you on the inside. Just me that gets annoyed? They're the first to complain, yet they think they own the road.


They think they own the road because they overtake stationary cars?


:slol:

Passing on the inside when traffic is stationary is one thing (it's a stupid idea but if nothing is moving there isn't much option), but what gets me is when cyclists pass slow moving traffic on the inside without the benefit of a cycle path. That's just strawberry floating stupid as cars ahead may turn left and there's no way to see them indicating because of the close traffic, or a bus might stop and people are getting off, or a car might stop for someone to get out.

But of course the drivers of these cars will check using their mirrors to confirm it is safe to make the manoeuvre before doing so right, as is required of them? ;)

Bikes filtering through slow moving traffic is perfectly legal.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Moggy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:58 am

Jenuall wrote:But of course the drivers of these cars will check using their mirrors to confirm it is safe to make the manoeuvre before doing so right, as is required of them? ;)


Yes....I always do that..... :shifty:

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:21 am

:lol:

I used to filter a lot when I cycled but after getting run over or having doors opened into me too many times I reduced my use of it. Too many pricks in cars just assume they have the right to do everything and nobody else should be on the road so it's not worth the risk.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Moggy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:39 am

Jenuall wrote::lol:

I used to filter a lot when I cycled but after getting run over or having doors opened into me too many times I reduced my use of it. Too many pricks in cars just assume they have the right to do everything and nobody else should be on the road so it's not worth the risk.


I am actually pretty good at checking my mirrors when driving.

My weak point is when I have parked and open my door to get out. I almost always forget to check and have almost taken out a few cyclists that way. :lol:

Image
User avatar
cocacola
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by cocacola » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:19 pm

Okay, any explanations for running red lights as a cyclist? Does anyone agree that there should be a kind of 'cycle test' in order to be allowed on the road as a cyclist? To me, it doesn't make much sense that literally anyone can go on a road and put others lives in danger. Just my opinion.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:52 pm

No. Just like there's no justification for when cars run red lights either.

I'd like to see a mandatory test for cycling on roads, but generally I'd just like higher standards on the roads in general. There are way too many people out there who are a liability.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Moggy » Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:53 pm

cocacola wrote:Okay, any explanations for running red lights as a cyclist? Does anyone agree that there should be a kind of 'cycle test' in order to be allowed on the road as a cyclist? To me, it doesn't make much sense that literally anyone can go on a road and put others lives in danger. Just my opinion.


And how are you going to know who has and hasn't passed their cycle test? Number plates for bikes?

How many people are killed by cyclists on the roads each year (not counting cyclists themselves)?

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:16 pm

I for one certainly tried to mow down as many pedestrians as possible whenever I was out cycling.

Image
User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by OrangeRKN » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:18 pm

Just teach driving theory at school, everyone should really know the rules of the road even if they aren't driving

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula

PostRe: What has annoyed you on the roads today?
by Jenuall » Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:24 pm

It's amazing the number of people who are completely ignorant of basic Highway Code concepts and general road safety.

Image

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Benzin, Blue Eyes, Bunni, Chocolate-Milk, Cuttooth, DarkRula, Edd, Frank, Joer, Miguel007, Peter Crisp, Qikz, Rubix, Ted, Tsunade, Vermilion, Wedgie and 56 guests