What are the best things you have won?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Ad7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:26 pm

Best thing I've won is a VIP tour of the pit lane and McLaren F1 garage at the canadian gp. We were going to the race and entered, forgot about it and then found out we'd won it a few days before. Hype was through the roof. Such a great experience. We also separately won a tour of the McLaren technology centre, where I randomly bumped in to one of my uncles (he used to work there 3rd party, I didn't know).

Not much else I can remember really. I won an England cricket top through a vodafone competiton I didn't enter once :lol:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Green Gecko » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:26 am

Xbox 360 slim in a raffle. Blu ray player with a region free firmware you could download, I eventually sold for over £100 :lol: (more than 360 with 30+ games)

Most expensive probably an IPad 2 I'm still using now. Also a raffle.

I've entered maybe 6 raffles in the past 10 years so I am extremely lucky.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
Image
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Skarjo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:38 am

I won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins in a small private concert in London for Xfm. It was pretty cool, it was like ten people with free beer.

And frazzles.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Curls » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:05 am

Skarjo wrote:I won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins in a small private concert in London for Xfm. It was pretty cool, it was like ten people with free beer.

And frazzles.


That day sounds like it was the greatest.

User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Lex-Man » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:15 am

Ironhide wrote:
Lex-Man wrote:I won a game it was Diablo like set in Greece can't remember what it's called. Titan something.


Titan Quest.

Excellent game.


I don't think I ever really played it.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Skarjo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:21 am

Curls wrote:
Skarjo wrote:I won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins in a small private concert in London for Xfm. It was pretty cool, it was like ten people with free beer.

And frazzles.


That day sounds like it was the greatest.


Yea it was pretty fun, but Billy Corgan is a miserable twat.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Lex-Man
Member
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Lex-Man » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:45 am

Skarjo wrote:
Curls wrote:
Skarjo wrote:I won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins in a small private concert in London for Xfm. It was pretty cool, it was like ten people with free beer.

And frazzles.


That day sounds like it was the greatest.


Yea it was pretty fun, but Billy Corgan is a miserable twat.


Did he start talking about chem trails?

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
User avatar
Hexx
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Hexx » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:48 am

Tomous wrote:
Hexx wrote:I don't think I've ever won anything :(



Except our hearts :wub:


just kidding, not even that


This is so mean :cry:

User avatar
suzzopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by suzzopher » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:49 pm

Won my Game Boy from a packet of Quavers at a birthday party when I was 11, now the packet wasn’t mine it was discarded on the floor so I claimed it :shifty:

I also won Arrival from Cybertron on VHS when I was 6, we had a Beta Max though :(

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What are the best things you have won?
by Skarjo » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:11 pm

Lex-Man wrote:
Skarjo wrote:
Curls wrote:
Skarjo wrote:I won tickets to see the Smashing Pumpkins in a small private concert in London for Xfm. It was pretty cool, it was like ten people with free beer.

And frazzles.


That day sounds like it was the greatest.


Yea it was pretty fun, but Billy Corgan is a miserable twat.


Did he start talking about chem trails?


He didn’t talk about strawberry floating anything.

He didn’t even dance for me.

Still, Frazzles.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Bunni, Cuttooth, Google [Bot], Nook29, Photek, Ploiper, Squinty, That's not a growth, Tineash and 46 guests