What's your Covid-19 job status?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

What is your job status?

Still going to work.
22
22%
Working from home.
60
59%
Furlonged.
12
12%
Laid off.
2
2%
Unemployed before Covid-19.
6
6%
 
Total votes: 102
User avatar
Chocolate-Milk
Member
Joined in 2015
AKA: Welcome to the party, pal

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 status?
by Chocolate-Milk » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:56 pm

Working from home, apparently classed as essential as I'm in HR for the local council. Grabbed a laptop, monitor and chair three weeks ago and I've barely left the house since. It's boring as all hell. I've been absolutely powering through my podcasts, and if work is getting especially dull, I'll watch something on my phone while I work. I watched Way Out West this morning, which I haven't seen since I was a kid. :toot:

Could be worse, though. If I'd still been at my old courier job, I'd still be going in everyday, and strawberry float that for a game of soldiers.

Image
It was me, Dio!
User avatar
Lotus
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Lotus » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:45 pm

I've been working from home since 12th March. I'm quite enjoying not having to deal with colleagues on a day-to-day basis, but otherwise the workload and such is the same. I feel fortunate to still be in work and able to do my job unaffected, but I don't feel guilty.

User avatar
andretmzt
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Fareham

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by andretmzt » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:59 pm

Working from home. The customer, air traffic control, could not give a gooseberry fool about what I do however as there are not enough aircraft around to cause any problems. A little soul destroying but better to be working at the end of the day.

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.
No new exclusive PS4 games.
No longer free MP for PS4.

Microsoft win E3.
Ste
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: ScouseStevmed
Contact:

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Ste » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:12 pm

This is my 5th week working from home.

The first 3 weeks I was very busy, actually working more hours than when I go into the office.

Last couple of weeks I've been more on top of things so been doing a bit of gaming.

User avatar
a dan from grcade
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 status?
by a dan from grcade » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm

RichardUK wrote:I am self employed and since this has happened my turnover has over tripled, the supply chain is slower but we have good stocks to cope, the only thing I am not that happy is about is that we (I say “we” I had my objections) have imported large quantities of face masks and have sold hundreds in one day and it feels wrong taking advantage of the situation

Your assessment is correct, it is wrong that you (I say "you" you had your objections) are taking advantage of the situation.

If you are self employed, surely you are in a position to use those reservations to overrule whoever "we" refers to and do the right thing? If you are selling urgently required PPE at a profit, or to anyone other than recipients in urgent need (health and care sectors and local authorities), then I would strongly encourage you to use your position of influence to rethink your approach, however profitable it might be.

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Image
User avatar
darksideby182
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Cove grove

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by darksideby182 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:45 pm

I've been furloughed along with 2 others on the company (6 people total in the company) as we work in construction most of the sites have closed or slowed the work down so there isn't enough for all of us to do. Hopefully things will be ok when this is over as we had plenty of work lined up.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 status?
by Winckle » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:49 pm

False wrote:wfh in a key industry

Samesies.

User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Skarjo » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:50 pm

I've been teaching from home since February, but am currently on my Easter hols which means my daily routine has gone from 'Sometimes need to get out of bed to go to the dining room table to do a Zoom' to 'Yea, don't'.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Dowbocop » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:16 pm

I am a key worker in the NHS so I'm going in as normal (sort of). All the patients I'd usually see are diabetic and most are elderly so we've shut down completely, but I've moved across to the regular eye department as I've worked in that environment before. It's really quiet because we're only seeing urgent and emergency patients. I've had my training to be a ward assistant (food hander outer/falls risk watcher/general gopher for people with actual medical skills) and I've also volunteered to join a team that goes around critical care units and turns ventilated patients over onto their front (it's easier for Covid patients to breathe that way apparently). I'm not sure if I'll actually be called upon to do either of those jobs but I'm ready if they do.

I'm aware how lucky my wife and I are to both be NHS staff so essentially safe in our jobs for the foreseeable. Do not envy the uncertainty most people have at all.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Drumstick » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:07 pm

If Richard can get his hands on PPE then why can't the government?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Moggy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:08 pm

Drumstick wrote:If Richard can get his hands on PPE then why can't the government?


Because Richard bought it all.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Victor Mildew » Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:55 pm

Drumstick wrote:If Richard can get his hands on PPE then why can't the government?


Arrives by boat in the dead of night along with the other income source.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Wrathy
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Location: Location: Location:

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Wrathy » Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:22 pm

Status: safe, WFH, key worker, critical industry. I don't appear to be at risk of furlough (this would be bad because I think I'd lose all connection with reality). Been here for about a month, bought a nice desk chair, have 2x 27 inch monitors, keyboard mouse etc to make the situation as comfortable as possible.

I don't like Working From Home and I'm still adjusting to it, but of course I fully understand and support the reasoning.

User avatar
NBK
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 status?
by NBK » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:04 am

suzzopher wrote:Working from home, and teaching the kids.


Same here.

Thankfully, the company that I work for are being extremely supportive to everyone while this is all going on, so I'm able to take time during the day to focus on their school work. I've also put a big "gonnae just gies a minute?" auto reply on Outlook to avoid the endless chaser emails when I don't reply in 3.2 seconds.

Still just using my laptop, but I have a nice enough space in the loft that I can retreat to when things get too...boisterous here.

Classing myself as extremely lucky, considering how things are.

Image
User avatar
Mini E
Doctor
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Mini E » Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:06 am

Stressed to strawberry float, but extremely fortunate that my job isn't under threat as things stand.

User avatar
Meep
Member
Joined in 2010
Location: Belfast

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Meep » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:05 pm

Still working in the office full time. Lucky in that I work for the NHS so amazing job security at the moment. A recent pay rise and the current economic situation means what was once fairly shitty job is now a lot more desirable and I'm feeling lucky I'm not one of the poor wretches going on the dole. Looking for another job in the current climate would be a nightmare.

User avatar
RichardUK
Member
Joined in 2015
Location: Nottinghamshire & Bavaria
Contact:

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 status?
by RichardUK » Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Dandle in the Wind wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I am self employed and since this has happened my turnover has over tripled, the supply chain is slower but we have good stocks to cope, the only thing I am not that happy is about is that we (I say “we” I had my objections) have imported large quantities of face masks and have sold hundreds in one day and it feels wrong taking advantage of the situation

Your assessment is correct, it is wrong that you (I say "you" you had your objections) are taking advantage of the situation.

If you are self employed, surely you are in a position to use those reservations to overrule whoever "we" refers to and do the right thing? If you are selling urgently required PPE at a profit, or to anyone other than recipients in urgent need (health and care sectors and local authorities), then I would strongly encourage you to use your position of influence to rethink your approach, however profitable it might be.


It’s done, any money that I personally made from it has gone (donated) and I am not dealing with or having any involvement with any future deliveries or orders, it’s another case of the vast differences between myself and my partner but that’s a complicated situation

Image
Image
'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Curls » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:33 am

I'm coming to work everyday. I've actually gained hours due to people getting stranded in the UK, we got some of them WFH whilst back there but realistically we need to be in the office to do the work. We have our full team back available to work now (have to do 2 weeks isolation after arriving from the UK), so my hours are back to normal. It's OK, I am quite enjoying just coming to and from work and then playing the Witcher, walking and Jogging in my spare time.

User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 job status?
by Curls » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:34 am

The weather here is also getting beautiful. Im enjoying it now, but come summer I'll be craving a swim in the sea, which we are banned from doing right now.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: What's your Covid-19 status?
by OrangeRKN » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:03 pm

RichardUK wrote:
Dandle in the Wind wrote:
RichardUK wrote:I am self employed and since this has happened my turnover has over tripled, the supply chain is slower but we have good stocks to cope, the only thing I am not that happy is about is that we (I say “we” I had my objections) have imported large quantities of face masks and have sold hundreds in one day and it feels wrong taking advantage of the situation

Your assessment is correct, it is wrong that you (I say "you" you had your objections) are taking advantage of the situation.

If you are self employed, surely you are in a position to use those reservations to overrule whoever "we" refers to and do the right thing? If you are selling urgently required PPE at a profit, or to anyone other than recipients in urgent need (health and care sectors and local authorities), then I would strongly encourage you to use your position of influence to rethink your approach, however profitable it might be.


It’s done, any money that I personally made from it has gone (donated) and I am not dealing with or having any involvement with any future deliveries or orders, it’s another case of the vast differences between myself and my partner but that’s a complicated situation


Good on you for sticking by what you feel is right

Image
Image
orkn.uk - SW-6533-2461-3235 - @OrangeRakoon - ACNH Howdyfern

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, Cosmo, D_C, Duke Washington, El Contador, Fade, Finish.Last, floydfreak, Google [Bot], Grumpy David, Heskimo, ignition, Lex-Man, massimo, Nook29, Peter Crisp, PuppetBoy, RichardUK, Snowcannon, Squinty, Wrathy and 174 guests