Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Jenuall » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:06 pm

I was a bit picky as a kid - gaining me the nickname "fussy Russy" amongst my ever imaginative family. This rhyming name scheme quickly came back to bite my brothers, Mickhead and Duckface, in the back though ;)

But I quickly got over that and will eat anything these days, food is absolutely one of the greatest pleasure in my opinion and I often spend a lot of my time thinking about what I'm going to eat during the day! :lol:

Like others have said I don't mind people who have preferences, we all do, but when people absolutely stubbornly refuse to try new things and just stick to steak and burgers I do die a bit inside!

Image
User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Rex Kramer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:18 pm

Sometimes it can be even down to how you try things. For example, I really don't like raw peppers but if they're roasted or in something like a romesco sauce or muhammara then they become one of my favourite things on the planet. Or olives, can't stand them but love olive oil.

Maybe I'm just weird.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Tomous » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:35 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Karl_ wrote:My partner's been using a lot more veggie options when she cooks recently. Tofu stir-fry, paneer curry, chilli con quorn, things like that. It's been good, I thought cutting down on meat would bother me but it hasn't really.


My wife managed this for about a week and swiftly stopped. She loves a good paneer curry though and now that I know what they are, so do I.

To answer the thread question - absolutely not. Don’t like tomatoes, tofu or rice noodles. Or mushrooms. That’s about it.


Paneer curry is incredible. It's impossible to recommend to anyone who eats meat though. "Cheese? In a curry? No thanks mate"

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Corazon de Leon » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:37 pm

Tomous wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:
Karl_ wrote:My partner's been using a lot more veggie options when she cooks recently. Tofu stir-fry, paneer curry, chilli con quorn, things like that. It's been good, I thought cutting down on meat would bother me but it hasn't really.


My wife managed this for about a week and swiftly stopped. She loves a good paneer curry though and now that I know what they are, so do I.

To answer the thread question - absolutely not. Don’t like tomatoes, tofu or rice noodles. Or mushrooms. That’s about it.


Paneer curry is incredible. It's impossible to recommend to anyone who eats meat though. "Cheese? In a curry? No thanks mate"


I was a bit taken aback when I first heard of it but I regret that the first 28 years of my life were paneer-free now.

Image
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Ironhide » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:11 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:Sometimes it can be even down to how you try things. For example, I really don't like raw peppers but if they're roasted or in something like a romesco sauce or muhammara then they become one of my favourite things on the planet. Or olives, can't stand them but love olive oil.

Maybe I'm just weird.


I like green olives but can't stand black ones..

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Balladeer » Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:37 pm

Bread dipped in olive oil is one of life's great pleasures. Whole olives can get tae fock.

Also I've updated my list on the first page based on what other people have said. Can't believe I forgot Marmite.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Pedz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:23 am

Cheese in a curry does sound pretty rank. I do like a veg curry or a potato curry though.

Image
User avatar
IAmTheSaladMan
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Sunderland

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by IAmTheSaladMan » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:05 am

Pedz wrote:Cheese in a curry does sound pretty rank. I do like a veg curry or a potato curry though.


I ordered something with paneer as a starter once in an Indian restaurant and it wasn’t great, not awful but not great.

Image

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Saint of Killers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:50 am

Yes but in the opposite sense to the boy who strawberry floated up his eyesight :fp: I'm fussy in that for the best part of a month I will only eat very healthily. To the point of there being no variation in my diet. So yeah, no matter how good for me it is, it's gonna get boring and it'll cause me to be grumpy. Then my cheat day will roll around and I'll go nuts on junk food. This has happened for the past 3 months. I know I'll break the cycle eventually, but it's still very annoying.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: 40 light-years outside of the buttermilk nebula

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Jenuall » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:31 am

Saint of Killers wrote:Yes but in the opposite sense to the boy who strawberry floated up his eyesight :fp: I'm fussy in that for the best part of a month I will only eat very healthily. To the point of there being no variation in my diet. So yeah, no matter how good for me it is, it's gonna get boring and it'll cause me to be grumpy. Then my cheat day will roll around and I'll go nuts on junk food. This has happened for the past 3 months. I know I'll break the cycle eventually, but it's still very annoying.

I wouldn't worry, unless you really start pigging out then I think your bike is safe. ;)

Image
User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Are You a Fussy Eater? (not a new forum game)
by Saint of Killers » Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:50 am

I set 'em up...

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, PuppetBoy, Somebody Else's Problem and 57 guests