Where do you store your bread?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Where do you store your bread?

Bread Bin/Box
18
33%
Cupboard
17
31%
Fridge
2
4%
Freezer
10
18%
Loose
8
15%
Tupperware
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 55
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostWhere do you store your bread?
by Jenuall » Fri May 03, 2019 11:35 am

GRcade is a home to a wide variety of folks from many locations and walks of life, this gives us lots of interesting and differing opinions to debate.

It's fun to hear what people think about various topics and often there are many valid viewpoints, but surely we can all agree on this latest topic - only a monster would store their bread in the fridge? :capnscotty:

So, where DO you store your bread?

ImageImage
User avatar
Tafdolphin
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Tafdolphin » Fri May 03, 2019 11:36 am

Freezer. Keeps forever.

Gemini73 wrote:You really are just an obnoxious little toad.

Yikes
Bloggy blog blog blog.

Night Call: a game what I worked on
User avatar
Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Preezy » Fri May 03, 2019 11:37 am

Used to keep it in the freezer, but now it normally sits in the cupboard or on top of our toaster.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Saint of Killers » Fri May 03, 2019 11:40 am

Not many people eat bread in my house and so keeping it out would mean it spoiled very quickly.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Garth » Fri May 03, 2019 11:40 am

Freezer. Don't eat much bread.

User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by KK » Fri May 03, 2019 11:46 am

Just on the countertop beside the coffee machine, ready for Instagram.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Jenuall » Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am

So one monster has voted for the fridge already. :dread:

This person walks among us people, stay vigilant!

Last edited by Jenuall on Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Drumstick » Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am

On the counter.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Karl_ » Fri May 03, 2019 11:49 am

We have a large loaf in the freezer for toast and a small loaf in the cupboard for sandwiches.

User avatar
Tsunade
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Tsunade » Fri May 03, 2019 11:49 am

In the bread bin.

Image
Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Moggy » Fri May 03, 2019 11:50 am

In the fridge, next to the ketchup and toilet roll.

Gemini73

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Gemini73 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:51 am

Bread bin with spares in the freezer.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Saint of Killers » Fri May 03, 2019 11:55 am

Jenuall wrote:So one monster has voted for the fridge already. :dread:

This person walks among us people, stay vigilant!


:capnscotty:

It's not fresh bread, by the way. I keep fresh baked bread in a cupboard. I only stick the mass produced stuff in the fridge.

Question: why is the freezer not seen as worse than the fridge? I mean, keeping it in the freezer while another loaf is in use I understand, but storing an active loaf in the freezer? Why not the fridge?

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Lagamorph » Fri May 03, 2019 11:57 am

Bread Bin, that's literally what it's for.

Frozen and then defrosted bread tastes utterly awful. It's ok for toast but a strawberry floating disgrace for sandwiches.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Jenuall » Fri May 03, 2019 11:58 am

Saint of Killers wrote:
Jenuall wrote:So one monster has voted for the fridge already. :dread:

This person walks among us people, stay vigilant!


:capnscotty:

It's not fresh bread, by the way. I keep fresh baked bread in a cupboard. I only stick the mass produced stuff in the fridge.

Question: why is the freezer not seen as worse than the fridge? I mean, keeping it in the freezer while another loaf is in use I understand, but storing an active loaf in the freezer? Why not the fridge?

The fridge actively accelerates the process that causes bread to go stale, you would be better off leaving it just out in the open. The feezer does not have the same effect - if the goal is to keep the bread fresher for longer then the freezer is objectively a better option that the fridge.

ImageImage
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Ad7 » Fri May 03, 2019 11:59 am

I don't eat bread so nowhere. Only the finest wraps in our house.

User avatar
Saint of Killers
Member
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Saint of Killers » Fri May 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Jenuall wrote:So one monster has voted for the fridge already. :dread:

This person walks among us people, stay vigilant!


:capnscotty:

It's not fresh bread, by the way. I keep fresh baked bread in a cupboard. I only stick the mass produced stuff in the fridge.

Question: why is the freezer not seen as worse than the fridge? I mean, keeping it in the freezer while another loaf is in use I understand, but storing an active loaf in the freezer? Why not the fridge?

The fridge actively accelerates the process that causes bread to go stale, you would be better off leaving it just out in the open. The feezer does not have the same effect - if the goal is to keep the bread fresher for longer then the freezer is objectively a better option that the fridge.


I don't know, I guess I must live in some bizarre parallel world where fridge stored bread doesn't go stale and Yodel are dependable.

| (•_•)| S: This is the best date I've been on since my last date. PB: This is not a date.
S: Neither was the last one. It was a robbery. M: Really? S: Yeah. She stole my heart. And my crown. (❍ᴥ❍ʋ)
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Jenuall » Fri May 03, 2019 12:04 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Jenuall wrote:
Saint of Killers wrote:
Jenuall wrote:So one monster has voted for the fridge already. :dread:

This person walks among us people, stay vigilant!


:capnscotty:

It's not fresh bread, by the way. I keep fresh baked bread in a cupboard. I only stick the mass produced stuff in the fridge.

Question: why is the freezer not seen as worse than the fridge? I mean, keeping it in the freezer while another loaf is in use I understand, but storing an active loaf in the freezer? Why not the fridge?

The fridge actively accelerates the process that causes bread to go stale, you would be better off leaving it just out in the open. The feezer does not have the same effect - if the goal is to keep the bread fresher for longer then the freezer is objectively a better option that the fridge.


I don't know, I guess I must live in some bizarre parallel world where fridge stored bread doesn't go stale and Yodel are dependable.

Must be like living in a dreamworld! :D

Lagamorph wrote:Frozen and then defrosted bread tastes utterly awful. It's ok for toast but a strawberry floating disgrace for sandwiches.

Defrost it in the right way and you can actually get decent results - if you "re-bake" the bread (potentially with the addition of a little water) you can get back to a pretty damn good equivalent of the original fresh loaf.

That said I do generally only use frozen bread for toasting.

ImageImage
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by jawafour » Fri May 03, 2019 12:27 pm

I keep bread in my freezer until I want to start a new loaf; I then defrost it and keep it in a cupboard.

I agree that freezing it does impact the flavour, though.

User avatar
Dual
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Stool Bloke

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Dual » Fri May 03, 2019 12:28 pm

Lmao @ anyone not baking fresh bread every day


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, BID0, Frank, Lagamorph, Lex-Man, Mafro, Met, Minty14, Photek, Samuel_1, suzzopher, Tsunade, wensleydale and 56 guests