Where do you store your bread?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Where do you store your bread?

Bread Bin/Box
18
33%
Cupboard
17
31%
Fridge
2
4%
Freezer
10
18%
Loose
8
15%
Tupperware
0
No votes
Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 55
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Moggy » Thu May 09, 2019 10:32 am

OrangeRKN wrote:But what if you don't eat bread that often Moggy

What then


Buy a half loaf and eat the damn thing before it goes off.

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by OrangeRKN » Thu May 09, 2019 10:43 am

Never thought I'd see Moggy advocating the more expensive and wasteful approach ;)

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Moggy » Thu May 09, 2019 10:52 am

OrangeRKN wrote:Never thought I'd see Moggy advocating the more expensive and wasteful approach ;)


I advocate buying the bread you want and eating it.

You crazy people advocate using freezers to store the bread and ovens to then reheat it.

If is you (well Jenuall) that is destroying the planet with your overuse of freezers and ovens. :x

User avatar
Karl_
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Nyaaaaaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Karl_ » Thu May 09, 2019 10:56 am

I put my frozen bread directly onto a grill to toast it

It works OK

User avatar
OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015
Location: Reading, UK
Contact:

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by OrangeRKN » Thu May 09, 2019 11:12 am

Moggy wrote:overuse of freezers

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Jenuall » Thu May 09, 2019 12:41 pm

Moggy wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Never thought I'd see Moggy advocating the more expensive and wasteful approach ;)


I advocate buying the bread you want and eating it.

You crazy people advocate using freezers to store the bread and ovens to then reheat it.

If is you (well Jenuall) that is destroying the planet with your overuse of freezers and ovens. :x

Unless you don't use a freezer at all then I'm fairly certain it is actually more efficient to keep it partially full of stuff (like delicious bread just right for reheating!) than to leave it empty or try and organise some bizarre system where you only turn it on when you have something to store in there - which would probably be hideously inefficient to keep getting it back down from room temperature every time.

You are advocating mass production of bread to meet your whimsical "maybe I will, maybe I won't" approach to eating a slice, carting truck loads of bread around the nation every day just so Captain Moggy can have his mini loaf on demand when he deems it appropriate! :capnscotty:

Basically I and my eco warrior friends are buying, storing and eating our bread efficiently, saving the planet one slice at a time whereas you sir are a monster that is happy to see the world burn so long as you get your nice fresh bread when you want it! ;) :P

ImageImage
User avatar
Ad7
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Ad7 » Thu May 09, 2019 12:43 pm

I opened a fresh loaf yesterday, made sandwiches in the evening and then STORED THOSE IN THE FRIDGE TO EAT TODAY.

WHERE IS YOUR GOD?!

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Where do you store your bread?
by Moggy » Thu May 09, 2019 12:56 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Moggy wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:Never thought I'd see Moggy advocating the more expensive and wasteful approach ;)


I advocate buying the bread you want and eating it.

You crazy people advocate using freezers to store the bread and ovens to then reheat it.

If is you (well Jenuall) that is destroying the planet with your overuse of freezers and ovens. :x

Unless you don't use a freezer at all then I'm fairly certain it is actually more efficient to keep it partially full of stuff (like delicious bread just right for reheating!) than to leave it empty or try and organise some bizarre system where you only turn it on when you have something to store in there - which would probably be hideously inefficient to keep getting it back down from room temperature every time.

You are advocating mass production of bread to meet your whimsical "maybe I will, maybe I won't" approach to eating a slice, carting truck loads of bread around the nation every day just so Captain Moggy can have his mini loaf on demand when he deems it appropriate! :capnscotty:

Basically I and my eco warrior friends are buying, storing and eating our bread efficiently, saving the planet one slice at a time whereas you sir are a monster that is happy to see the world burn so long as you get your nice fresh bread when you want it! ;) :P


That's a lot of words when just "Moggy is correct" would have sufficed.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Chocolate-Milk, Google [Bot], Grumpy David, Minty14, Preezy, Robbo-92, Skarjo, suzzopher and 37 guests