The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by False » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:21 pm

the not-sister was free for spending over £100, just a random lucky dip thing

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Lagamorph » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:27 pm

Anybody played Star Wars Legion?
My brother has asked me to go along to a demo game with him on Friday at our local indie gaming shop.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by JChalmers » Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:39 am

Lagamorph wrote:Anybody played Star Wars Legion?
My brother has asked me to go along to a demo game with him on Friday at our local indie gaming shop.


I picked it up for £50 and played it down the gaming club with a couple of club mates as we're looking at playing it next year.

Enjoyed it once I got my head around the different dice etc. Found the tutorial mission nice and quick to play as well. Can't see me comitting massively to it as I'd rather invest more into AoS (like I need any more armies) but well worth it if you've got a couple of others wanting to play something different.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Lagamorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:15 am

JChristmas wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Anybody played Star Wars Legion?
My brother has asked me to go along to a demo game with him on Friday at our local indie gaming shop.


I picked it up for £50 and played it down the gaming club with a couple of club mates as we're looking at playing it next year.

Enjoyed it once I got my head around the different dice etc. Found the tutorial mission nice and quick to play as well. Can't see me comitting massively to it as I'd rather invest more into AoS (like I need any more armies) but well worth it if you've got a couple of others wanting to play something different.

Cheers, will see what it's like on Friday and at least give it a go.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by JChalmers » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:52 am

Lagamorph wrote:
JChristmas wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Anybody played Star Wars Legion?
My brother has asked me to go along to a demo game with him on Friday at our local indie gaming shop.


I picked it up for £50 and played it down the gaming club with a couple of club mates as we're looking at playing it next year.

Enjoyed it once I got my head around the different dice etc. Found the tutorial mission nice and quick to play as well. Can't see me comitting massively to it as I'd rather invest more into AoS (like I need any more armies) but well worth it if you've got a couple of others wanting to play something different.

Cheers, will see what it's like on Friday and at least give it a go.


If you didn't know the rules are available from the FFG website here - https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.c ... ay_eng.pdf

Found reading them before playing the first game helped speed up playing a bit.

Image
User avatar
Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Lagamorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:10 am

JChristmas wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:
JChristmas wrote:
Lagamorph wrote:Anybody played Star Wars Legion?
My brother has asked me to go along to a demo game with him on Friday at our local indie gaming shop.


I picked it up for £50 and played it down the gaming club with a couple of club mates as we're looking at playing it next year.

Enjoyed it once I got my head around the different dice etc. Found the tutorial mission nice and quick to play as well. Can't see me comitting massively to it as I'd rather invest more into AoS (like I need any more armies) but well worth it if you've got a couple of others wanting to play something different.

Cheers, will see what it's like on Friday and at least give it a go.


If you didn't know the rules are available from the FFG website here - https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.c ... ay_eng.pdf

Found reading them before playing the first game helped speed up playing a bit.

Cheers, might give that a read. My brother has booked us for a demo so I think the shop owner is going to be teaching us the basics as we go, but won't hurt to get a bit of a head start in.

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by False » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:30 pm

rip


Image
User avatar
JChalmers
Member
Joined in 2010
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by JChalmers » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:00 am

Such a massive shame. The amount of hints and tips I’ve learnt from him in the last few years is massive. Going to be a big miss in the company.

Image
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by <]:^D » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:05 am

big dunc!

User avatar
False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by False » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 pm

Image

Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Trelliz » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:33 pm

Got some Winsor Newton Series 7 brushes for Christmas, they are quite expensive so I'll have to get better at brush care before using them.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Green Gecko » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:46 pm

In my experience true sable brushes simply never die as long as you don't soak the ferrules and keep them "licked".

The synthetics and taklons etc etc al seem more durable at first but then develop a cowlick which is useful only about 5% of the time and normally a royal pain the arse. I still use a handful of real bristle brushes, one is Revell branded a few Citadel ones, and the rest I use until they curl up depending on the size. Some have masking or electrical tape wrapped around them for a grip.

For Xmas my mum found a bunch of proper ancient minis, all pure lead (with some fissures due to the age), they must be early 80s or even 70s as none are recognisable except for a few goblins which have the grinning half-sun/moon motif. They actually appear sculpted rather than cast which is interesting. One has the words "slug man" sculpted onto (rather than into) the base. No GW brand as the box is branded Citadel Miniatures.

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Garth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:04 pm

Some new stuff today:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-1/

More Sisters of Battle:


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Commander Shadowsun:


Image

AoS campaign book covering "the Ossiarch Bonereaper invasion of the Eightpoints and the battle for the Varanspire":
Image

And a new Ogor for my army :nod:


Image
Image

User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Trelliz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:25 pm

Garth wrote:Image
Image


Those arco-flagellants would make interesting chaos cultists, while that statue has a lot of daemon prince potential.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
<]:^D
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by <]:^D » Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:35 pm

good shouts!
cheers for the pics Garth

User avatar
Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Norn Iron

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Garth » Sat Jan 04, 2020 6:14 pm


User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Trelliz » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:19 pm

I picked up 2 of the Mortal Realms first issue (GW's new weekly part magazine for Age of Sigmar) for £2.99 each, which considering they contain the following each is pretty good:

Image

Probably won't get the rest as literally nobody I know is into Age of Sigmar, but as a quick and dirty way to get a small nighthaunt and stormcast force for painting practice and maybe skirmish games is pretty good.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008
Location: Sussex
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Green Gecko » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:02 am

I thought the days of getting a single mini with White Dwarf were long gone never mind and entire veteran and troop (plus dice) for £2.99. Are they mad.

Edit: Come to think of it this must be promotional and one of those marketing write-offs, with the full subscription winding up costing hundreds of pounds, like "build a ship, hull/sales free with issue #1!" type things.

At £12 a month, it's more than someone new to the hobby would spend (initially £0), or £144 per year. Which is more than I've spent... well, ever in fact. :dread:

♥ gaems | t: @GRcade | FB: GRcadeUK | YT: GRcadeVideo | Twitch: GRcadeUK
Image
User avatar
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Trelliz » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:59 am

The normal issues will be £8 weekly with a variety of paints/models, so yeah it's the usual approach, however rather than giving you bits you can't use at least with this if you just want a particular unit (which is often cheaper than buying it boxed) then it can be a great deal. I'm just annoyed I missed the boat on the 40k one as i wasn't back into it at the time.

Tragic Magic wrote:I'm giving esteem a name of crafty Fu mining pinitz strawberry float me I live roasted ponuts

Never pre-order or pre-purchase a console, game or season pass.
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: The GRcade Tabletop Gaming & Miniature Painting Thread (Warhammer etc)
by Victor Mildew » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:26 pm

Can you pick up that issue somewhere like Morrisons? I was looking for miniatures to practise painting on before I paint my descent figures, and that looks like a bargain for just that.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.

Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Balladeer, floydfreak, Frank, Joer, Lex-Man, mcjihge2, Monkey Man, Moz, PuppetBoy, Rawrgna, Rightey, Squinty, The Watching Artist, Zilnad and 43 guests