Who is the worst person in history? Also chicken!

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
User avatar
Errkal
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: Hastings
Contact:

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Errkal » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:12 am

I imagine it isn’t the big dictators, like they are banana splits but odds are much of the gooseberry fool they did was someone in their setups idea not their own.

The first guy to go “I’m going to go to Africa and keep one of the people there to do what I want” has got to be up there.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Tomous » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:24 am

Errkal wrote:I imagine it isn’t the big dictators, like they are banana splits but odds are much of the gooseberry fool they did was someone in their setups idea not their own.

The first guy to go “I’m going to go to Africa and keep one of the people there to do what I want” has got to be up there.


Leopold II of Belgium is up there if we're talking atrocities in Africa

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Moggy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:26 am

Tomous wrote:
Errkal wrote:I imagine it isn’t the big dictators, like they are banana splits but odds are much of the gooseberry fool they did was someone in their setups idea not their own.

The first guy to go “I’m going to go to Africa and keep one of the people there to do what I want” has got to be up there.


Leopold II of Belgium is up there if we're talking atrocities in Africa


Yeah, that evil banana split should be far more well known.

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Squinty » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:42 am

Not the worst person in history, but I've always found Amelia Dyer to be really interesting. She was around in Victorian times. No one knows how many kids she killed.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Moggy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:45 am

Squinty wrote:Not the worst person in history, but I've always found Amelia Dyer to be really interesting. She was around in Victorian times. No one knows how many kids she killed.


She was born just up the road from where I live.

I don't want to claim her as a Bristol hero though :dread:

Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Squinty » Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:50 am

Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:Not the worst person in history, but I've always found Amelia Dyer to be really interesting. She was around in Victorian times. No one knows how many kids she killed.


She was born just up the road from where I live.

I don't want to claim her as a Bristol hero though :dread:


Holy crap, that's insane.

User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Moggy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:00 am

Squinty wrote:
Moggy wrote:
Squinty wrote:Not the worst person in history, but I've always found Amelia Dyer to be really interesting. She was around in Victorian times. No one knows how many kids she killed.


She was born just up the road from where I live.

I don't want to claim her as a Bristol hero though :dread:


Holy crap, that's insane.


Well she had to be born somewhere. ;)

Image
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Vermilion » Sun Sep 27, 2020 10:05 am

Smeg, this thread is like all the worst people in history have been brought together in one place, it's only a matter of time before James Last makes an appearance.

User avatar
JT986M2
Member
Joined in 2020
Location: Scotland

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by JT986M2 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Controversial opinion, but whoever was the first person in history to introduce the concept of a god or religion. The amount of wars, invasions, genocides and mass-slavery that religion has been responsible for throughout history is mind-boggling. Those deaths would be way ahead of any singular dictator. Plus the effects are still ongoing.

Religion can do good things. But because people are incapable of getting along (although kudos to Sikhism!), I'd say it does more bad than good.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:02 pm

JT986M2 wrote:Controversial opinion, but whoever was the first person in history to introduce the concept of a god or religion. The amount of wars, invasions, genocides and mass-slavery that religion has been responsible for throughout history is mind-boggling. Those deaths would be way ahead of any singular dictator. Plus the effects are still ongoing.

Religion can do good things. But because people are incapable of getting along (although kudos to Sikhism!), I'd say it does more bad than good.


I think this is a bit of a sixth form common room opinion. I'd also be pretty dubious that deaths in religious wars, even if you add them all up, are anything close to WW1 and WW2.

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Victor Mildew » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:11 pm

There's many candidates, but I'd probably go for the person who drops off the lady across the road after work, and then unnecessarily beeps the car horn when driving away.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Moggy » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:34 pm

JT986M2 wrote:Controversial opinion, but whoever was the first person in history to introduce the concept of a god or religion. The amount of wars, invasions, genocides and mass-slavery that religion has been responsible for throughout history is mind-boggling. Those deaths would be way ahead of any singular dictator. Plus the effects are still ongoing.

Religion can do good things. But because people are incapable of getting along (although kudos to Sikhism!), I'd say it does more bad than good.


I don't think that there would be a first person. People in prehistory had no idea how the world worked, there was no science. It's just as likely (from their point of view) that the earthquake happened because the spirits/gods were angry as it is to be a natural phenomenon caused by plate tectonics.

Early religion was just a way to explain the world, tell stories and pass on morals (good or bad!).

Religion is redundant now and it's weird that people still believe it. But 10,000 years ago? It was essential.

Image
User avatar
Karl_
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008
Contact:

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Karl_ » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:40 pm

My hot take is that propagandists who push their societies to embrace bigotry and fascism are the world's most evil people. Perhaps this makes Goebbels the most evil person in history, and Murdoch the most evil person alive today.

User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Captain Kinopio » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:45 pm

Didn't think of Murdoch, that's pretty good shout in terms of Westerners.

User avatar
Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Qikz » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:22 pm

I think this is impossible to ever answer. History has been altered on multiple occasions to fit the narratives of whoever has been in power/won wars. Millions upon millions of people throughout history have killed other humans/other species (in some cases to extinction in this case) and it'd be quite difficult to judge amongst all of them.

The greatest dictators for instance very rarely had any hand in the evil gooseberry fool they ordered. Even people on the side of "good" have killed countless innocent lives as well, for instance the Americans firebombing the gooseberry fool out of Japan and England firebombing Dresden. Many people including the UK throughout history have commited genocide against peoples purely based on arbitrary things such as race, gender, creed, religion and culture and it's happening even now throughout the world.

Humanity as a whole is capable of doing very evil things and as has been proven historically it doesn't take much to make it happen. Even the army are trained to follow orders, they can question if they think it's unlawful but in the end of it all regardless of what an order is they'll have to follow it. Is teaching people to do that not inherently evil as well?

Image
The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
User avatar
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018
Location: Everywhere
Contact:

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Vermilion » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:There's many candidates, but I'd probably go for the person who drops off the lady across the road after work, and then unnecessarily beeps the car horn when driving away.


Not Bin Bint then?

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Tomous » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:38 pm

strawberry floating Carole Baskin

Image
User avatar
Corazon de Leon
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Deadpool / sntaa

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Corazon de Leon » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Tomous wrote:strawberry floating Carole Baskin


Killed her, husband, whacked 'im.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:55 pm

After watching "Des" on ITV Hub, I've come to the conclusion that the answer is David Tennant.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Who is the worst person in history?
by Peter Crisp » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:01 pm

Gabe Newell for not releasing Half Life 3 :x .

I bet the game did get made and he has the only copy the evil twat!

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.

Return to “Stuff”