WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory

Our best bits.
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Dblock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:44 pm

How much do you reckon Cesc is worth?

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
jamcc
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by jamcc » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:07 pm

I know you're not asking me but I reckon he's worth about £50m. Maybe more.

User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Dblock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm

jamcc wrote:I know you're not asking me but I reckon he's worth about £50m. Maybe more.

Please be realistic.

£35 is more then enough for him.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Spindash
Member
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North West

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Spindash » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Considering he's Arsenal's captain and best player, and they don't need to sell him, he's worth whatever they want.

The only thing which would decrease his value is him wanting to leave.

User avatar
Kanbei
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: Belfast

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Kanbei » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:44 pm

Dblock wrote:
jamcc wrote:I know you're not asking me but I reckon he's worth about £50m. Maybe more.

Please be realistic.

£35 is more then enough for him.


Jam's right. I wouldn't take a pound under £50million for him.

User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Dblock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Kanbei wrote:
Dblock wrote:
jamcc wrote:I know you're not asking me but I reckon he's worth about £50m. Maybe more.

Please be realistic.

£35 is more then enough for him.


Jam's right. I wouldn't take a pound under £50million for him.


He is a great player but he clearly is not the best midfielder let alone the best spanish midfielder in the world. 35 is enough and any more Arsenal are just being greedy.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Superking
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mr Plough
Location: Nodnol

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Superking » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:55 pm

RogueLeader wrote:
Dblock wrote:
Stu wrote:Is there any hostility between Barca and Madrid?

It's a bit something to make the world cup win about Barca and to display the shirt in Madrid....

Its more of ''us the catalans won the world cup'' attitude that most Barcelona players have and Madrid players are not so fond of that apparently.

About Cesc it was just them having fun stop taking it so serious, and yes he will come to Barcelona this summer.


Just havin' a larf, yeah? The Barca players aren't as bad as their media, but the complete lack of respect for Arsenal is definitely out of order. Not a day goes by without a story popping up like:

"Xavi / Messi / Iniesta / Pique urges Cesc to join Barca".

The players are just being asked questions, but Barca (and Real) use their media outlets to influence transfers. Arsenal are furious about this, and the new Barca President knows he has a lot to do to undo the actions of his predecessor.

Barca might have a better chance of landing him if they just shut up and approached Arsenal for some private negotiations. £29m was a joke, taking into account Cesc's age, form and contract at Arsenal. Barca are just acting like jerkatrons because they're in debt and they're doing anything they can to drive the price down.

Fabregas himself has been great throughout, so I would have no bad feeling towards him if he did go.


Totally agree. Barca's disrespect for other clubs as well as their arrogance in thinking that they can sign anyone they want just by clicking their fingers make me hate them nearly as much as Real these days. Good on Arsenal for telling them where to shove their bids.

One's never alone with a rubber duck
User avatar
PsychicSykes
Emeritus
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Sykes Stadium

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by PsychicSykes » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Dblock wrote:
Kanbei wrote:
Dblock wrote:
jamcc wrote:I know you're not asking me but I reckon he's worth about £50m. Maybe more.

Please be realistic.

£35 is more then enough for him.


Jam's right. I wouldn't take a pound under £50million for him.


He is a great player but he clearly is not the best midfielder let alone the best spanish midfielder in the world. 35 is enough and any more Arsenal are just being greedy.


Of course they'll be greedy, we're talking about an excellent player who is the club captain and who Arsenal have no need to sell. The price is always going to be set by the selling club with that in mind.

---
The Epic Store is trash.
User avatar
Albear
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Albear » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:03 pm

We should have this chat in the football thread, it's too quiet over there! :D

Time to lock this one maybe?

User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Dblock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:04 pm

Superking wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:
Dblock wrote:
Stu wrote:Is there any hostility between Barca and Madrid?

It's a bit something to make the world cup win about Barca and to display the shirt in Madrid....

Its more of ''us the catalans won the world cup'' attitude that most Barcelona players have and Madrid players are not so fond of that apparently.

About Cesc it was just them having fun stop taking it so serious, and yes he will come to Barcelona this summer.


Just havin' a larf, yeah? The Barca players aren't as bad as their media, but the complete lack of respect for Arsenal is definitely out of order. Not a day goes by without a story popping up like:

"Xavi / Messi / Iniesta / Pique urges Cesc to join Barca".

The players are just being asked questions, but Barca (and Real) use their media outlets to influence transfers. Arsenal are furious about this, and the new Barca President knows he has a lot to do to undo the actions of his predecessor.

Barca might have a better chance of landing him if they just shut up and approached Arsenal for some private negotiations. £29m was a joke, taking into account Cesc's age, form and contract at Arsenal. Barca are just acting like jerkatrons because they're in debt and they're doing anything they can to drive the price down.

Fabregas himself has been great throughout, so I would have no bad feeling towards him if he did go.


Totally agree. Barca's disrespect for other clubs as well as their arrogance in thinking that they can sign anyone they want just by clicking their fingers make me hate them nearly as much as Real these days. Good on Arsenal for telling them where to shove their bids.


How are Barcelona arrogant in any way?

Its 2 of their players messing around after they won the biggest cup of their careers, hardly has anything to do with the board of Barcelona. 2006 Barcelona became the first club ever to sponsor a sponsorship (UNICEF) and gives them 1.5 million euros per year to the organization for five years. I bet Liverpool or in fact any other club has hardly ever considered that let alone do it. Barcelona is far from arrogant just because 2 players put a shirt on Fabregas do not blame the whole club for it.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Mr G
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Mr G » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:07 pm

What about Villa and Acorn?

User avatar
RogueLeader
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by RogueLeader » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:10 pm

The shirt incident was just the tip of the iceberg. Granted, the UNICEF thing is admirable, but for the TV money them and Real get it's not that grand a gesture. It makes Real look a hell of a lot worse, though.

As for Cesc's value, he's clearly worth at least £40m. He's not as good at controlling a midfield as Xavi, but has a hell of a lot more goals and assists. I love the Barca attitude of "we really want to bring Cesc home, Barca DNA blah blah blah...but we're not paying a penny over £30m, he's not even that good".

I did this by severing my real arms and replacing them with super-human cyborg arms.
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Dblock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:11 pm

Mr G wrote:What about Villa and Acorn?


Credit to Villa but it was only for 12 months compared to Barcelona's 5 year contract.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Dblock
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Discovery
Contact:

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Dblock » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 pm

RogueLeader wrote:The shirt incident was just the tip of the iceberg. Granted, the UNICEF thing is admirable, but for the TV money them and Real get it's not that grand a gesture. It makes Real look a hell of a lot worse, though.

As for Cesc's value, he's clearly worth at least £40m. He's not as good at controlling a midfield as Xavi, but has a hell of a lot more goals and assists. I love the Barca attitude of "we really want to bring Cesc home, Barca DNA blah blah blah...but we're not paying a penny over £30m, he's not even that good".


Barcelona never said ''Fabregas is not even good'' but they are right when they say Fabregas needs to play in Spain in order to be one of the best one day. Him playing with Iniesta/Xavi will only improve his game more. I personally reckon Barcelona will make a bid of 40 million and if Arsenal refuse then Fabregas will show it on the field by playing very poor until they actually let him go for a lot less.

''Saying it's because I was controlling you and making you sad when actually I just asked you to wear some trousers'' :lol: :lol:
User avatar
Superking
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mr Plough
Location: Nodnol

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Superking » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:20 pm

Dblock wrote:
RogueLeader wrote:The shirt incident was just the tip of the iceberg. Granted, the UNICEF thing is admirable, but for the TV money them and Real get it's not that grand a gesture. It makes Real look a hell of a lot worse, though.

As for Cesc's value, he's clearly worth at least £40m. He's not as good at controlling a midfield as Xavi, but has a hell of a lot more goals and assists. I love the Barca attitude of "we really want to bring Cesc home, Barca DNA blah blah blah...but we're not paying a penny over £30m, he's not even that good".


Barcelona never said ''Fabregas is not even good'' but they are right when they say Fabregas needs to play in Spain in order to be one of the best one day. Him playing with Iniesta/Xavi will only improve his game more. I personally reckon Barcelona will make a bid of 40 million and if Arsenal refuse then Fabregas will show it on the field by playing very poor until they actually let him go for a lot less.


I doubt Cesc would be that unprofessional and it would be a real kick in the teeth to a club that he apparently has great affection for and has given him so much. Slightly unrelated but I really hate the amount of power players have these days regarding transfers anyway.

One's never alone with a rubber duck
User avatar
Bene Version 3
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: On the login page trying to get in.

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by Bene Version 3 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:38 pm

Unless Fabregas openly states he wants to leave I don't see Arsenal selling him and I don't think he is the sort of player to come and say that. Arsenal will get one more season and he will be sold slightly cheaper next year i think.

User avatar
The Alchemist Penguin
Moderator
Joined in 2008

PostRe: WC 2010: Dblock celebrates Spanish victory
by The Alchemist Penguin » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 pm

With the World Cup over and talk returning to more general Football stuff, it seems best to just roll everything back into the original Football thread and keep the discussion in one easy to find place!

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=19385&start=1460


Return to “Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests