Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Samuel_1
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Samuel_1 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:25 pm

Photek wrote:
Samuel_1 wrote:
Photek wrote:A regular cadence of big games should start happening next year...

I expect so. What's the deal with live these days, is it all under gamepass or what? I'm confused by their pulling of the gold subscription.

They haven’t pulled gold yet. Gold is included in Gamepass ultimate. I think Xbox will be free to play online soon and the hope is, with the games in showcase all joining GP, people will sign up for it.

Anyone who has gold sub left over will have it upgraded to ultimate I reckon. They already did that with an offer before.

OK, thanks. What's the best price for ultimate currently?

Supporting My Local Mule Sanctuary Since 11/11/2014.

Donations welcome, please PM me to prevent unwarranted mule kicking.
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by jiggles » Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:48 pm

I know gameplay demos are normally well-practised before being captured, but there’s something weird going on with that Halo gameplay. It looks unnatural in the way a tool assisted speedrun does. Which is fine for making the gameplay look cinematic, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Super jarring, like “nobody’s experience of playing the game is going to be this flawlessly choreographed”

Streaming: Twitch | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Captain Kinopio
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Herbi
Location: The Observatory

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Captain Kinopio » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:12 pm

jiggles wrote:I know gameplay demos are normally well-practised before being captured, but there’s something weird going on with that Halo gameplay. It looks unnatural in the way a tool assisted speedrun does. Which is fine for making the gameplay look cinematic, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Super jarring, like “nobody’s experience of playing the game is going to be this flawlessly choreographed”


Yea I thought this, the auto-aim headshot was super jarring and unrealistic. Other than that I thought it looked pretty cool, would have been nice to see more open world stuff though, for a second i thought it was going to go all BotW but it ended up quite ordinary.

Rest of the showcase was only so-so for me, not nearly enough gameplay or info on stuff I really want to know more about like Senua or Everwild. I dont think any of the new new stuff did much for me. I dont understand why they didn’t try and emphasise the generational leap more, I guess because nothing really looked it. On that front it was even more underwhelming than the PS5 event.

It never really stood a chance but there’s nothing to really tempt me away from PS5. Getting a PC and game pass is increasingly attractive though.


Oh and I really like the look of the console, so much nicer than the PS5

User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Peter Crisp » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:33 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:
jiggles wrote:I know gameplay demos are normally well-practised before being captured, but there’s something weird going on with that Halo gameplay. It looks unnatural in the way a tool assisted speedrun does. Which is fine for making the gameplay look cinematic, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Super jarring, like “nobody’s experience of playing the game is going to be this flawlessly choreographed”


Yea I thought this, the auto-aim headshot was super jarring and unrealistic. Other than that I thought it looked pretty cool, would have been nice to see more open world stuff though, for a second i thought it was going to go all BotW but it ended up quite ordinary.

Rest of the showcase was only so-so for me, not nearly enough gameplay or info on stuff I really want to know more about like Senua or Everwild. I dont think any of the new new stuff did much for me. I dont understand why they didn’t try and emphasise the generational leap more, I guess because nothing really looked it. On that front it was even more underwhelming than the PS5 event.

It never really stood a chance but there’s nothing to really tempt me away from PS5. Getting a PC and game pass is increasingly attractive though.


Oh and I really like the look of the console, so much nicer than the PS5


Hopefully if you do go down that route we can still play multiplayer stuff as it should be crossplay.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Photek » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:04 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:
jiggles wrote:I know gameplay demos are normally well-practised before being captured, but there’s something weird going on with that Halo gameplay. It looks unnatural in the way a tool assisted speedrun does. Which is fine for making the gameplay look cinematic, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Super jarring, like “nobody’s experience of playing the game is going to be this flawlessly choreographed”


Yea I thought this, the auto-aim headshot was super jarring and unrealistic. Other than that I thought it looked pretty cool, would have been nice to see more open world stuff though, for a second i thought it was going to go all BotW but it ended up quite ordinary.

Rest of the showcase was only so-so for me, not nearly enough gameplay or info on stuff I really want to know more about like Senua or Everwild. I dont think any of the new new stuff did much for me. I dont understand why they didn’t try and emphasise the generational leap more, I guess because nothing really looked it. On that front it was even more underwhelming than the PS5 event.

It never really stood a chance but there’s nothing to really tempt me away from PS5. Getting a PC and game pass is increasingly attractive though.


Oh and I really like the look of the console, so much nicer than the PS5

Have you watched the 1min gameplay trailer, it shows combat in same areas and he uses different weapons and tactics...

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:49 am

I think my reaction was probably pretty much what Microsoft's strategy would hope for from the majority - these games look largely decent and there is a fair amount of variety in there, the fact that i can play all of them for "free" means i might as well pick up a Series X.

For me the presentation really was all about Game Pass. That was their big budget game. And honestly, that's fine with me. I would much rather have a large selection of 10 - 30 hour games than i can pick and choose between with no risk, than agonize other which titles i can justify spending 50 quid on, or worse still wait long enough for them to drop in price before then feeling i have missed out on all the buzz surrounding it and immediately start stressing over which game to buy next. This system really works for me, and i think it will work for a lot of other people. They seem to have their messaging clear this time, and i think that was a priority for them over lavish in-depth gameplay reveals.

Image
Image
User avatar
Rax
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Rax » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:16 am

Fable, cool. Halo, a bit meh. Everwild, nice. Everything else, ok. No Banjo, boooooooo.

User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Christopher » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:32 am

I don’t think I’ll get a Series X this year. I’ll stick to my One X until next year.

Everwild is the game I really want shown yesterday, obviously Forza and Fable will be on my radar too but they seem to be a long way off.

At least I still want to get a Series X over a PS5 all due to GamePass, I don’t have the money for games like I used to so GamePass makes it an affordable hobby again.

User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:55 am

Christopher wrote:I don’t think I’ll get a Series X this year. I’ll stick to my One X until next year.

Everwild is the game I really want shown yesterday, obviously Forza and Fable will be on my radar too but they seem to be a long way off.

At least I still want to get a Series X over a PS5 all due to GamePass, I don’t have the money for games like I used to so GamePass makes it an affordable hobby again.


Game Pass is keeping me gaming at the moment. Can't afford to buy games due to my own financial difficulties.

Image
User avatar
Christopher
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
Location: Cambridge

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Christopher » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:57 am

Somebody Else's Problem wrote:
Christopher wrote:I don’t think I’ll get a Series X this year. I’ll stick to my One X until next year.

Everwild is the game I really want shown yesterday, obviously Forza and Fable will be on my radar too but they seem to be a long way off.

At least I still want to get a Series X over a PS5 all due to GamePass, I don’t have the money for games like I used to so GamePass makes it an affordable hobby again.


Game Pass is keeping me gaming at the moment. Can't afford to buy games due to my own financial difficulties.


Yeah it’s such a great service. It really does make gaming a viable hobby for me. The fact that Microsoft put their first party games on there day one makes it a no brainer.

User avatar
GrinWithoutaKat
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by GrinWithoutaKat » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:24 am

If I was on the fence, I don't think the presentation would have swayed me to pick up the console at Christmas, but I want to play Forza Horizon 2, 3 and 4, Halo 5, Gears 4 and 5 and Sea of Thieves, and still think I'd rather just get a series X now than fuss about with One X now, then upgrading later. Being able to play enhanced Cyberpunk is a pretty good reason too.

Image
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Photek » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:45 am

I was surprised by the number of non cross gen titles, especially after what Phil said.

Series X/Windows 10 Exclusives:

The Medium
State of Decay 3
Forza Motorsport
Avowed
Everwild
Fable
Hellblade 2

It's making me think my 1X won't be quite as reliable for my daughter to play for as long as I thought (2 years)

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
DarkRula
Member
Joined in 2018
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by DarkRula » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:55 am

I think my plans will be to wait until I need to upgrade. The One X is still working fine for me, and the only reason I upgraded to it was because I had to. The performance boost would be nice, but I wouldn't be able to take full advantage of it, anyway.

Image
Image
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Mafro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:20 am


HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
jiggles
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: pyxl-8

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by jiggles » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:54 pm

Whoopsie daisy

Streaming: Twitch | Tweeting: Twitter
User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Pedz » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:49 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:It's pretty nuts that as a pc owner, I can subscribe to gamepass and play most of this stuff without needing to get an Xbox. I had no idea so many games would be on pc too (I only knew of Forza and halo MCC before).


Get PSNow and you'll never need a console again (bar the Switch.)

Image
User avatar
Fuzzy Dunlop
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Fuzzy Dunlop » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Pedz wrote:Get PSNow and you'll never need a console again (bar the Switch.)


Pretty much. So close to just building a PC from now on, get to play all the games that way. Might have to wait a bit longer for some titles on PS Now but I'm a patient man :)

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by KK » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 pm

I honestly don’t get the point of these CGI/FMV/Target Renders because all they do is show you a better looking product than they can then give you in reality. Just leads to disappointment, really. Killzone 2 and Motorstorm will always stick in my mind.

Image
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:16 pm

Going to watch this again shortly with hopefully better stream quality than yesterday (which was pretty bad in places).

Was this event really that bad anyway? I’m seeing quite a lot of disappointment on the likes of Twitter and GameFAQs Message Boards and can’t actually tell if people are just doing it for a laugh/to troll, or if they actually found it that bad? I know the lack of gameplay wasn’t great (but I don’t recall the Sony event having loads of gameplay outside of Ratchet and Clank, little bit of Gran Turismo) but some people seemed to genuinely hate it? Sure it could have been better, but things could nearly always be better than what we end up with. Personally I was very happy with it, showed lots of good stuff coming in the future, not sure what’s out at launch besides Halo and The Medium).

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase - All over. Everything was Game Pass. Summary/Vid (p1)
by Somebody Else's Problem » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:23 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:I’m seeing quite a lot of disappointment on the likes of Twitter and GameFAQs Message Boards


You mean the epicentres of internet gaming hyperbole?

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, chanticleer, Duke Washington, Godzilla, GrinWithoutaKat, jawa, JCDenton, Mafro, more heat than light, Photek, Poser, Rubix, Tafdolphin and 127 guests