Xbox Chat - Warface: Breakout & Metal Slug 3 now free with Gold.

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Peter Crisp » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 pm

Microsoft make almost as much money as Atari now :o .

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Photek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:49 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Microsoft make almost as much money as Atari now :o .

They’ve made enough profit to buy Bethesda in a quarter. :lol:

Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Abacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:51 pm

Don't rise to it, from what I see as an outsider, this is unnecessary needling. But perhaps I don't have the context, it's just how it comes across.

Venom wrote: Photek, mate. Why are you taking criticism of Microsoft as a personal attack on you? It's not.


The use of mate is interesting here. I thought he was coming up with a complaint about your irrelevant reference to Gamepass. You seem more interested in being inflammatory and winding someone up.

Venom wrote:There is a wider discussion...


I.e. I operate on a different plane which you're too thick to understand, carry on.

Venom wrote: So Microsoft raising the price of Xbox Live to move people onto Game Pass is a legitimate question because it is related to the business model above, regardless of whether you are aware or not of all that.


Whether you are aware of it are not... This sounds again patronising and like a debate you are having in your own head. Or else purely to get a rise.

Venom wrote: You have the right to disagree with me or anyone here. But just because your feelings were hurt because you feel protective of this multi-billion dollar American company don't feel victimised on behalf of them. A different opinion from you doesn't mean trolling. And by you incorrectly calling me a name it just means you're not being civil.


You are here being so obviously attempting to wind someone up about hurt feelings etc that I really think this is rude.

Photek, really don't respond.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Photek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:53 pm

You’re probably right tbh.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Peter Crisp » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:00 pm

I honestly don't care if Microsoft make shitloads or nothing as long as they keep making games and systems I like.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Photek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:03 pm

Same, I just want Gamepass to get better because it’s by far my main resource to obtain games.

Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Abacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:04 pm

Venom wrote:...There is a wider discussion on what is the future of gaming products; subscription services, or individually sold games or a mixture of the two? It’s something I’ve been researching to make a video. I’ve been looking at Spotify who is market leader in the music streaming market, however it is not making a profit. I have been informed (but not corroborated yet) that it takes less data to stream an hour of music than it does to stream an hour of 4K gaming... Whilst Microsoft, Google and Sony haven’t revealed the financial mechanics of their streaming services, so the reason I highlight Spotify is we can use it to give insights as to whether the Game Pass model is viable and profitable in the long term.


There is indeed a wider discussion to be had. Still.

As a starting point, I look forward to this video, albeit you do admit to basing it on uncorrobated (yet!) facts, no evidence or knowledge and a comparison between gaming and music that doesn't work.

My VHS is primed and I for one am ready to go through the looking glass. Will it be on Netflix?

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Venom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:13 pm

Abacus wrote:Don't rise to it, from what I see as an outsider, this is unnecessary needling. But perhaps I don't have the context, it's just how it comes across.

Venom wrote: Photek, mate. Why are you taking criticism of Microsoft as a personal attack on you? It's not.


The use of mate is interesting here. I thought he was coming up with a complaint about your irrelevant reference to Gamepass. You seem more interested in being inflammatory and winding someone up.



By the use of your snobbish tone you're trying to present yourself as an intellectual because you're talking down on language which you wouldn't use. This doesn't make you superior, it just means you're unfamiliar to people who talk differently from you and it makes you come off as a middle class racist.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Venom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:14 pm

Photek wrote:It was a dick move by MS and they should not be congratulated for changing their minds. Of course Venom uses this to concern troll over Gamepass’ viability which is bizarre.



Photek you phuckwit. I don’t care about your low IQ opinion.

But don't lie and say people are concern trolling just because you disagree with it, just say 'you are wrong.'

User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Abacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:18 pm

Venom wrote:
Abacus wrote:Don't rise to it, from what I see as an outsider, this is unnecessary needling. But perhaps I don't have the context, it's just how it comes across.

Venom wrote: Photek, mate. Why are you taking criticism of Microsoft as a personal attack on you? It's not.


The use of mate is interesting here. I thought he was coming up with a complaint about your irrelevant reference to Gamepass. You seem more interested in being inflammatory and winding someone up.



By the use of your snobbish tone you're trying to present yourself as an intellectual because you're talking down on language which you wouldn't use. This doesn't make you superior, it just means you're unfamiliar to people who talk differently from you and it makes you come off as a middle class racist.


I just wanted to quote that, I'm so delighted

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Buffalo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:19 pm

Abacus wrote:But perhaps I don't have the context.


You really, really, REALLY don’t :lol: I’d stand down at this point, if I were you.

User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Abacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:20 pm

I've never heard such praise, except possibly in the pm you sent and then deleted? Pray tell.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Photek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:21 pm

:lol:

Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Abacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:21 pm

Buffalo wrote:
Abacus wrote:But perhaps I don't have the context.


You really, really, REALLY don’t :lol: I’d stand down at this point, if I were you.


OK skip. Will do.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Buffalo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Abacus wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
Abacus wrote:But perhaps I don't have the context.


You really, really, REALLY don’t :lol: I’d stand down at this point, if I were you.


OK skip. Will do.


Honestly, a good call. We only get this sewage in the Xbox threads, for some bizarre unknown reason that definitely hasn’t been a years-old problem.

User avatar
Venom
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
Location: London
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon..
by Venom » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:26 pm

Buffalo wrote:
Abacus wrote:
Buffalo wrote:
Abacus wrote:But perhaps I don't have the context.


You really, really, REALLY don’t :lol: I’d stand down at this point, if I were you.


OK skip. Will do.


Honestly, a good call. We only get this sewage in the Xbox threads, for some bizarre unknown reason that definitely hasn’t been a years-old problem.



Photek the Phukwit starting gooseberry fool all the time. I deliberately don't speak to him and he lies.

I asked the mods to intervene and they did nothing.

User avatar
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Buffalo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:29 pm

I know.




I know.

User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Photek » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:33 pm

:?:

Image
User avatar
Abacus
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by Abacus » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:40 pm

Oh, by the way, re deleted pm's, I meant from Venom, not Buffalo.

We've all had a coffee, though, it doesn't matter.

This is genuinely as exciting as lockdown gets!

User avatar
more heat than light
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl
Location: Leicestershire

PostRe: Xbox Chat - February Games with Gold announced. No price change for new Gold members, F2P to not require Gold soon.
by more heat than light » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:43 pm

So, Xbox Chat then....

jawafour wrote:You definitely have the biggest one, mhtl - it's strawberry-floatin' massive!

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alvin Flummux, Mafro, RichardUK and 117 guests