Page 49 of 54

Re: Xbox Chat - NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:57 pm
by rinks
rinks wrote:Think my Xbox is finally dead. All the things that revived it before are failing now.

I was going to order an S tonight to replace it, but the E3 sale next week should have some hardware price cuts. So I’ve taken a chance on it being a failed power supply, and ordered a replacement. Problem is, you can’t get original MS ones any more, and third-party ones are meant to be pretty noisy. And I won’t trust it enough to leave it powered on all day. So it’s a £20 stop-gap measure until I see what the prices are next week. Then the old machine can be moved to another room as a back-up.

Re: Xbox Chat - NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:41 pm
by rinks
It lives!

Re: Xbox Chat - NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:33 pm
by Monkey Man
Image

Image
"Free Play Days: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, NBA 2K19, And Stellaris: Console Edition" - https://majornelson.com/2019/06/06/free ... e-edition/

Re: Xbox Chat - NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:45 pm
by Monkey Man

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:28 am
by Pedz
The mountains in State of Decay 2 are so pretty.


Image

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:01 pm
by rinks
Picked up the XB1 S + Anthem pack, and Tekken 7 and Project Cars 2 chucked in too, for £199 at Curry’s.

I know it’s been said to death, but damn the S is dinky.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:13 pm
by pixelwinx
Just ordered that purple Fortnite S from Curry’s for £199. It’s being delivered tomorrow. No interest in the Fortnite guff that comes with it so if anyone is interested.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:03 pm
by rinks
I considered that one too. The purple looks really nice. But I’ve been wanting to play Anthem, so that swung it.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:23 pm
by pixelwinx
rinks wrote:I considered that one too. The purple looks really nice. But I’ve been wanting to play Anthem, so that swung it.


Makes sense. I’ve just noticed that the Fortnite codes are going for crazy money at the moment. Looks like I will recoup a fair bit of the console outlay with those if decide to sell. Crazy.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 am
by Garth
MS is changing the Gamertag system, you can have one free name change if you like here:
https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag

Express Yourself with New Gamertag Features

At Xbox, your identity has always started with your gamertag – whether it’s a nickname between you and friends, a tribute to your favorite character or something unique that just stuck. We feel that all players should have the opportunity to portray who they are as a gamer and build their identity within the Xbox community. In order to achieve this, we’re revamping the Xbox gamertag to empower players around the world with more choice in how they represent themselves.

Starting today, and throughout the next year, we will be updating several features for the Xbox gamertag, which will roll out to PC, mobile devices, and Xbox One consoles.

Please note that current Xbox players can keep their existing gamertags without any further action required on their part and no change in experience from the way that it looks today.

More Options for Your Gamertag

Today, we’re unveiling a new display option for gamertags, as well as support for new alphabets. Both of which will make it easier for gamers around the world to identify themselves.

Let’s start with expanded choice to build a new gamertag using 10 new worldwide alphabets. The current Xbox community spans across the world. With this change, new gamertags will support over 200 commonly spoken languages so more gamers can express themselves in their chosen language – you could be “SeñorBúho#5405” or even “닥터 부엉이#1882.” Newly supported character sets include:

Basic Latin
Latin-1 Supplement
Hangul
Katakana
Hiragana
CJK Symbols for languages in China, Japan, and Korea
Bengali
Devanagari
Cyrillic
Thai

Next up is the new display option. Gamers can now choose a gamertag of their liking, even if that name is already taken by someone else. If the gamertag you want has already been taken by another user, Xbox will now auto-assign an ID suffix of numbers after a #-symbol to keep everybody unique, so there’s never any question about who’s who. We’ll even change the suffix font size to keep the focus on the name you chose. For example, if you want to be “Doctor Hoot,” and it’s already taken, you could now be assigned “Doctor Hoot#1056.”

Games are currently required to show the suffix while you play. You will also see the suffix in out-of-game experiences like the console UI or Xbox Game Bar so each player has a unique, visible identity while still representing themselves the way they want.

Image

A – An example of an updated gamertag in Hangul
B – An example of a gamertag the player chose not to change. This player was the first person to pick this name and is still known as “Pit Bear” with no change in experience.
C – An example of an updated gamertag in Cyrillic. In older experiences that haven’t updated yet, this player will continue to be known as the previous gamertag, Elder Red59233.
D – An example of a gamertag that was already taken. This user was given suffix ‘#1056’ because Doctor Hoot was already registered.

These updates are available now – they will show up to fans today in the new Xbox app for PC and Xbox Game Bar, and will show on mobile devices and on consoles over the next year – so if you change your gamertag now, you may not see the full changes take place immediately. This is the first step in an ongoing journey for evolving gamertags, so we appreciate your patience as the team continues to implement new features based on your feedback. If you have an idea on how to further improve gamertags, stop by the Xbox Idea Hub and let us know.

Maintaining Your Existing Gamertag

Current Xbox players can keep their existing gamertags without any further action required on their part and no change in experience. You can sit back, relax and continue to be known by your existing gamertag without a suffix, and since you are the original owner nobody else can ever have it unless you decide to change it. So if you like your gamertag the way it is or have had it for years, nothing will change and no one will be able to use it without an assigned suffix.

If you see a player with no suffix, that means that player was the first to ever claim that original gamertag, like our very own Major Nelson.

Existing players can change their gamertags to take advantage of these updates if they wish, but by doing so may relinquish their original gamertag.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/ ... -features/

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:17 am
by more heat than light
That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. Was genuinely concerned there would be hundreds of copycats of celebrity tags. Guess this just makes those numerical suffixes a bit tidier.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:28 am
by rinks
I can’t see the appeal of using it though. Here, choose any name you want, followed by some numbers to show how unoriginal you are.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. NHL 19 and Portal now free with Gold.

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:55 am
by Venom
Ta. I've changed mine. I'm currently Venom 4068 Like Rinks worried, I'm not sure that I like it better than what I had before and Forum Gamercards will now have to be updated because now I'm Venom4688 - I hate that! I'm trying to find character map for other alphabets...

Code: Select all

[Note to technical mods. See below spoiler, my text that isn't formatted has its size changed and can't be changed back]


Garth wrote:MS is changing the Gamertag system, you can have one free name change if you like here:
https://social.xbox.com/en-us/changegamertag

Express Yourself with New Gamertag Features

At Xbox, your identity has always started with your gamertag – whether it’s a nickname between you and friends, a tribute to your favorite character or something unique that just stuck. We feel that all players should have the opportunity to portray who they are as a gamer and build their identity within the Xbox community. In order to achieve this, we’re revamping the Xbox gamertag to empower players around the world with more choice in how they represent themselves.

Starting today, and throughout the next year, we will be updating several features for the Xbox gamertag, which will roll out to PC, mobile devices, and Xbox One consoles.

Please note that current Xbox players can keep their existing gamertags without any further action required on their part and no change in experience from the way that it looks today.

More Options for Your Gamertag

Today, we’re unveiling a new display option for gamertags, as well as support for new alphabets. Both of which will make it easier for gamers around the world to identify themselves.

Let’s start with expanded choice to build a new gamertag using 10 new worldwide alphabets. The current Xbox community spans across the world. With this change, new gamertags will support over 200 commonly spoken languages so more gamers can express themselves in their chosen language – you could be “SeñorBúho#5405” or even “닥터 부엉이#1882.” Newly supported character sets include:

Basic Latin
Latin-1 Supplement
Hangul
Katakana
Hiragana
CJK Symbols for languages in China, Japan, and Korea
Bengali
Devanagari
Cyrillic
Thai

Next up is the new display option. Gamers can now choose a gamertag of their liking, even if that name is already taken by someone else. If the gamertag you want has already been taken by another user, Xbox will now auto-assign an ID suffix of numbers after a #-symbol to keep everybody unique, so there’s never any question about who’s who. We’ll even change the suffix font size to keep the focus on the name you chose. For example, if you want to be “Doctor Hoot,” and it’s already taken, you could now be assigned “Doctor Hoot#1056.”

Games are currently required to show the suffix while you play. You will also see the suffix in out-of-game experiences like the console UI or Xbox Game Bar so each player has a unique, visible identity while still representing themselves the way they want.

Image

A – An example of an updated gamertag in Hangul
B – An example of a gamertag the player chose not to change. This player was the first person to pick this name and is still known as “Pit Bear” with no change in experience.
C – An example of an updated gamertag in Cyrillic. In older experiences that haven’t updated yet, this player will continue to be known as the previous gamertag, Elder Red59233.
D – An example of a gamertag that was already taken. This user was given suffix ‘#1056’ because Doctor Hoot was already registered.

These updates are available now – they will show up to fans today in the new Xbox app for PC and Xbox Game Bar, and will show on mobile devices and on consoles over the next year – so if you change your gamertag now, you may not see the full changes take place immediately. This is the first step in an ongoing journey for evolving gamertags, so we appreciate your patience as the team continues to implement new features based on your feedback. If you have an idea on how to further improve gamertags, stop by the Xbox Idea Hub and let us know.

Maintaining Your Existing Gamertag

Current Xbox players can keep their existing gamertags without any further action required on their part and no change in experience. You can sit back, relax and continue to be known by your existing gamertag without a suffix, and since you are the original owner nobody else can ever have it unless you decide to change it. So if you like your gamertag the way it is or have had it for years, nothing will change and no one will be able to use it without an assigned suffix.

If you see a player with no suffix, that means that player was the first to ever claim that original gamertag, like our very own Major Nelson.

Existing players can change their gamertags to take advantage of these updates if they wish, but by doing so may relinquish their original gamertag.

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/10/ ... -features/


I've changed mine. I'm currently Venom. 4068

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:28 pm
by Peter Crisp

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:01 pm
by SerialCeler
Thoughts on Ori and the Blind Forest from those that have played it?

Saw the Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer and thought it looked intriguing, and the first game is half price in the E3 sale, so wondered what the opinion was from those that had played it?

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:02 pm
by Photek
SerialCeler wrote:Thoughts on Ori and the Blind Forest from those that have played it?

Saw the Ori and the Will of the Wisps trailer and thought it looked intriguing, and the first game is half price in the E3 sale, so wondered what the opinion was from those that had played it?

It's awesome, one of the best 2d Metroid vania platformers around.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:37 pm
by rinks
Yes. It’s extremely good. Also, it’s included in Game Pass.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm
by more heat than light
+1 on Ori being amazing.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:46 pm
by Moggy
Ori was great, it’s definitely worth playing.

Re: Xbox Chat - E3 sale has started. Gamertag changes announced (p60).

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 pm
by Monkey Man