Xbox Series X - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020. 1st real pics leaked?

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Skarjo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Skarjo » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:39 pm

Venom wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:£599 would be a tough sell for a console however powerful.
Yes, sure as an enthusiast you and I will pay that for a super console but how many others will if the PS5 is quite a bit cheaper and only marginally less powerful?
I'd say £499 is the most they can reasonably get away with and I'd be willing to bet it's £450.


£599 is expensive but the higher price would be for the premium model. £399/£450 would mean the base model is affordable and can help grow the install base.


Remember the PS3 launching at silly prices? It's pretty well considered the biggest reason why the PS3 took so long to get going.

Big entry prices are dangerous things.

Karl wrote:Can't believe I got baited into expressing a political stance on hentai

Skarjo's Scary Stories...
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Tomous » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:24 pm

Starjo wrote:
Venom wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:£599 would be a tough sell for a console however powerful.
Yes, sure as an enthusiast you and I will pay that for a super console but how many others will if the PS5 is quite a bit cheaper and only marginally less powerful?
I'd say £499 is the most they can reasonably get away with and I'd be willing to bet it's £450.


£599 is expensive but the higher price would be for the premium model. £399/£450 would mean the base model is affordable and can help grow the install base.


Remember the PS3 launching at silly prices? It's pretty well considered the biggest reason why the PS3 took so long to get going.

Big entry prices are dangerous things.



It wasn't just the price though. The 360 came out 6 months earlier and the PS3 launched with a very poor lineup of games. There was no incentive to buy a PS3 over a 360. They couldn't justify the price, rather than it solely being because it was so high.

Image
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Monkey Man » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:49 am

A leak from January where the specs seem to be pretty much right for XSX other than the SSD is now faster and MS AI hasn't been mentioned yet - https://imgur.com/gallery/i3TnTKk#Xli5Vxu

Maybe the studio negotiations didn't work out/still ongoing. The PS5 specs/info were probably right for the time. Xbox games mentioned could be right.

Image
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Victor Mildew » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:11 am

could a mod please change holiday for Christmas in the topic title?

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Moggy » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:43 am

Victor Mistletoe wrote:could a mod please change holiday for Hanukkah in the topic title?


FTFY

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:04 am

Not having been a PC gamer in well over a decade I have no idea if 12TF is considered good.
It sounds like a lot but would that be considered a high end PC number?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Monkey Man
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Monkey Man » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:34 am

Peter Crisp wrote:Not having been a PC gamer in well over a decade I have no idea if 12TF is considered good.
It sounds like a lot but would that be considered a high end PC number?


1.3 TF - XB1
1.8 TF - PS4
4.2 TF - PS4 Pro
6 TF - XB1X

It get a bit murkier after that as it's got a next gen GPU which is 1.25 more powerful than current gen GPUs so the XSX could either have

a) 9-10 TF next gen GPU which is the equivalent of a 12 TF current gen GPU i.e twice as powerful GPU as XB1X
b) 12 TF next gen GPU which is the equivalent of a 15 TF current gen GPU i.e more than twice as powerful GPU as XB1X

Then you've got a much much better CPU, 40 times faster loading thanks to having having a SSD instead of HDD along with more faster RAM. Sprinkled on top is some various forms of special sauces.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:40 am

We should see quite an upgrade as the main target resolution is the same as what's being asked of the current mid gen refreshes.
4K60 should be well within the capabilities of these machines.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Thu Dec 26, 2019 2:51 pm


jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Photek
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Dublin

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Photek » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:58 pm

So DF pretty confident it’s 12TF’s.

Seems to be extremely powerful.

Image
Modern Warfare Tag: PHOTEK#9326680
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:36 pm


jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:23 am

So am I right in thinking that for people who normally play 1 game at a time powering on and getting beck into it should be massively quicker?

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Poser » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:55 am

Peter Crisp wrote:So am I right in thinking that for people who normally play 1 game at a time powering on and getting beck into it should be massively quicker?


Nah, Beck never gets into it. He's a loser, baby.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:58 am

Oh no :slol: .

I can't remember any of his songs so I have no idea if I should be embarrassed or not. All I can remember about his was the Becktionary from Futurama.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
gaminglegend
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: North East, UK

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by gaminglegend » Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:26 pm

Merry Christmous Everyone wrote:
Starjo wrote:
Venom wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:£599 would be a tough sell for a console however powerful.
Yes, sure as an enthusiast you and I will pay that for a super console but how many others will if the PS5 is quite a bit cheaper and only marginally less powerful?
I'd say £499 is the most they can reasonably get away with and I'd be willing to bet it's £450.


£599 is expensive but the higher price would be for the premium model. £399/£450 would mean the base model is affordable and can help grow the install base.


Remember the PS3 launching at silly prices? It's pretty well considered the biggest reason why the PS3 took so long to get going.

Big entry prices are dangerous things.



It wasn't just the price though. The 360 came out 6 months earlier and the PS3 launched with a very poor lineup of games. There was no incentive to buy a PS3 over a 360. They couldn't justify the price, rather than it solely being because it was so high.


Pricing will be important because purse strings are so tight these days that to justify a new console purchase along with a £60 (expecting price just guessing) game or two will take any package surely to £450/500 on top of the base console price.

But then those who will buy on launch day/month will be the target audience for the higher price I guess. I’d wager the first price drop from either console will be the one that reaps dividends.

Image
User avatar
Somebody Else's Problem
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Somebody Else's Problem » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:01 pm

gaminglegend wrote:Pricing will be important because purse strings are so tight these days that to justify a new console purchase along with a £60 (expecting price just guessing) game or two will take any package surely to £450/500 on top of the base console price.


This is where Game Pass really earns its stripes.

Image
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Holiday 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:09 pm

Somebody Else's Presents wrote:
gaminglegend wrote:Pricing will be important because purse strings are so tight these days that to justify a new console purchase along with a £60 (expecting price just guessing) game or two will take any package surely to £450/500 on top of the base console price.


This is where Game Pass really earns its stripes.


Exactly.
I'd say most people who are going to be early adopters are also the type to have got a good couple of years worth of Gamepass sub super cheap so will have a decent library of games to try from day 1 without needing to buy any.
Next gen could end up being the cheapest ever as I'm only going to be buying PS5 multiplayer games and games that don't appear on gamepass. I have gamepass paid until October 2022 so with decent discounts I think I should be able to make it to the middle of the decade spending just a few hundred on that which will give me pretty amazing value.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.
User avatar
KK
Moderator
Joined in 2008
Location: Botswana
Contact:

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by KK » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:36 pm

Initially, the PS3 was actually really successful at launch in Europe, shifting 600,000 in 2 days (173,000 in the U.K., compared to 70,000 360’s and 105,000 Wii’s, though they were plagued with stock shortages). It was in the following months that the £400+ price became a major factor, and the competition was also massively cheaper too.

I think Microsoft and Sony can happily get away with £500-£600 in their opening 10 months. The Xbox One X did okay at £425 for visually minor improvements in the majority of games compared to the PS4 Pro.

Plus MS has a phone-style upgrade/monthly payment scheme this time too.

Image
User avatar
Red Gyaradan
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
Location: Peach Mountain

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Red Gyaradan » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:51 pm

So this will run discs from all the previous Xboxes?

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
User avatar
Peter Crisp
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Series X announced, MS's next most powerful next-gen console - Power Your Dreams. Coming Autumn 2020.
by Peter Crisp » Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:53 pm

x days until christmas wrote:So this will run discs from all the previous Xboxes?


I would think so.

jiggles wrote:Nobody with a VR headset is going to be using it regularly this time next year, let alone in 4 years time.


Posted 16th March 2016. Let's see.

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Albear, Benzin, chanticleer and 50 guests