You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Which social media platform do you want gone?

Facebook
54
63%
Twitter
17
20%
Instagram
7
8%
Am I so out of touch? No, it's the social media that's wrong!
3
3%
The future is now old man
5
6%
 
Total votes: 86
User avatar
Fade
Member
Joined in 2011
Location: San Junipero

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Fade » Mon May 04, 2020 7:14 pm

SillySprout wrote:Twitter dies. At least Facebook serves a purpose - I can stay in contact with people I know easily. Twitter is 90% spam posts, with the majority making next to no sense. It's awful for anything other than promoting things.

Exactly, and it's easily the most celebrity pandering social media site.

Image

SW-0093-4365-9039
User avatar
Ironhide
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: Autobot City

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Ironhide » Mon May 04, 2020 8:47 pm

Chocolate-Milk wrote:The problem with Facebook is it's populated by both my immediate and tenuously distant family who I'm obligated to stay in contact with, friends of friends, and old colleagues and classmates.

All of which are apparently strawberry floating morons.


I don't use FB (I have an account from about 10 years ago I no longer use) but I think I'd probably refuse friend requests from nearly all of my family and extended family members.for the same reason.

Image
User avatar
Superking
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mr Plough
Location: Nodnol

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Superking » Mon May 04, 2020 9:23 pm

Facbook no question.

One's never alone with a rubber duck
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Victor Mildew » Tue May 05, 2020 10:22 am

I have a Facebook account but haven't been on it properly for about 8 years now I'd say, but I know how gooseberry fool it is becuase the in-laws regurgitate utter drivel from it as fact every time we see them (not now obviously).

Gypsies try to sell you perfume in car parks and kidnap you!!
People throw eggs on your windscreen when you're driving and steal your car when you have to stop!!!
Chalk marks outside your house mean someone is going to steal your dog for badger baiting!!!!!!!!!!

:dread:

The worst one I do use, has to be LinkedIn. You HAVE to have a profile there for any sort of job hunting, and when I got made redundant I had to pretty much live on that site. strawberry float me it was depressing, it's all bragging on a whole other scale. Everyone's successful, everyone's so creative, everyone is giving a talk on just how great they are. It was so depressing, properly made me feel like useless gooseberry fool being on there. I still find it to be the same, as every now and then a colleague tags me in something and I have to go on and be all GREAT COLLABORATION COLIN, LET'S HAVE A COCCO CHOOCHOO SOMETIME YA. I find it really bad for self esteem and it makes me serverly doubt my skills.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Tomous » Tue May 05, 2020 10:30 am

Victor Mildew wrote: You HAVE to have a profile there for any sort of job hunting, and when I got made redundant I had to pretty much live on that site. strawberry float me it was depressing, it's all bragging on a whole other scale. Everyone's successful, everyone's so creative, everyone is giving a talk on just how great they are. It was so depressing, properly made me feel like useless gooseberry fool being on there. I still find it to be the same, as every now and then a colleague tags me in something and I have to go on and be all GREAT COLLABORATION COLIN, LET'S HAVE A COCCO CHOOCHOO SOMETIME YA. I find it really bad for self esteem and it makes me serverly doubt my skills.



This kind of makes me feel glad recruitment in the finance industry is monopolised by agents who, while mostly annoying (in my experience), do all the work for you.

Image
User avatar
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Moggy » Tue May 05, 2020 10:42 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Chalk marks outside your house mean someone is going to steal your dog for badger baiting!!!!!!!!!!


I love that one. Yeah, sure Karen, the dog thieves really want to steal your 3 legged, 12 year old mongrel.

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Balladeer » Tue May 05, 2020 12:30 pm

Tomous wrote:This kind of makes me feel glad recruitment in the finance industry is monopolised by agents who, while mostly annoying (in my experience), do all the work for you.

Do you not find that they try to interact with you on LinkedIn first though?

User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Victor Mildew » Tue May 05, 2020 12:56 pm

Recruiters doing all the work :lol:

In my experience they've been an absolute shower of useless bastards, complete time wasters and one even had the cheek to ask me to tell him about any jobs I was applying for so he could try to wangle some commission on it.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Mafro » Tue May 05, 2020 12:59 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Chalk marks outside your house mean someone is going to steal your dog for badger baiting!!!!!!!!!!

Around my bit it's people tying a cable tie to the gate :lol:

A very common one around here is "folks in *area of town* be careful, someone just tried my mum's door!!!!1"

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Tomous » Tue May 05, 2020 1:09 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Tomous wrote:This kind of makes me feel glad recruitment in the finance industry is monopolised by agents who, while mostly annoying (in my experience), do all the work for you.

Do you not find that they try to interact with you on LinkedIn first though?



I don't use LinkedIn anymore so no.

When I want to move jobs, I contact a few of them. When I moved to the West Midlands I got in touch with a fair few firms that set me up for interviews. When I moved again, I just went back to the one or two I liked best, and have a good relationship with both now-I've use them for recruitment to my own team. When I move again, I'll just go back to them and see what they have available.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Tomous » Tue May 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Recruiters doing all the work :lol:

In my experience they've been an absolute shower of useless bastards, complete time wasters and one even had the cheek to ask me to tell him about any jobs I was applying for so he could try to wangle some commission on it.



To be fair, it's going to industry specific I think, they're much more proactive in finance.

Image
User avatar
Prototype
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Prototype » Tue May 05, 2020 1:13 pm

Facebook dies.

If you care that much about someone you should have their number or email address.

Facebook is a breeding ground for morons.

Switch Code - 6445 2806 9595
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Balladeer » Tue May 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Tomous wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Recruiters doing all the work :lol:

In my experience they've been an absolute shower of useless bastards, complete time wasters and one even had the cheek to ask me to tell him about any jobs I was applying for so he could try to wangle some commission on it.


To be fair, it's going to industry specific I think, they're much more proactive in finance.

They’re still often absolute showers though. The estate agents of the financial world.

User avatar
poshrule_uk
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by poshrule_uk » Tue May 05, 2020 1:36 pm

Grcade :shifty:

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Tomous » Tue May 05, 2020 1:46 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Tomous wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Recruiters doing all the work :lol:

In my experience they've been an absolute shower of useless bastards, complete time wasters and one even had the cheek to ask me to tell him about any jobs I was applying for so he could try to wangle some commission on it.


To be fair, it's going to industry specific I think, they're much more proactive in finance.

They’re still often absolute showers though. The estate agents of the financial world.



I agree for the most part, but I found a couple really decent ones fortunately.

Image
User avatar
Curls
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: You can push a button and wipe one social media platform from existence - which do you choose?
by Curls » Sat May 09, 2020 1:46 am

US Gamesradar. strawberry float you US gamesradar.


Return to “Stuff”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: <]:^D, El Contador, Grumpy David, Lex-Man, Mafro, Mintoisgod, Nook29, Peter Crisp, Red 5 stella, RichardUK, suzzopher, TonyDA and 259 guests