Your favourite ever games.... that you've never owned!

Anything to do with games at all.
Godzilla
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your favourite ever games.... that you've never owned!
by Godzilla » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:43 pm

Firemen - snes - only ever played via emulation. An amazing little game that should have been massive.

Saturday Night Slam Masters / Muscle Bomber - only rented. Wonderful fun though.

World Heroes - always wanted this but only got to play in arcades.

Wish my image sig would work
IAmTheSaladMan
Joined in 2011

by IAmTheSaladMan » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:48 pm

Godzilla wrote:Firemen - snes - only ever played via emulation. An amazing little game that should have been massive.

Saturday Night Slam Masters / Muscle Bomber - only rented. Wonderful fun though.

The home ports of this aren't very good so unless you wanted to fork out for the Neo Geo hardware and game it's probably better that you only played this in an arcade.

Ironhide
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:13 pm

IAmTheSaladMan wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Firemen - snes - only ever played via emulation. An amazing little game that should have been massive.

The home ports of this aren't very good so unless you wanted to fork out for the Neo Geo hardware and game it's probably better that you only played this in an arcade.

I once beat the arcade version of World Heroes on a single credit while on holiday in Benidorm, I think I was around 13 at the time and was obsessed with fighting games.

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm very happy to have a copy of this. It still has a £1.99 price sticker on it :slol:

Lex-Man
Joined in 2008

by Lex-Man » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Rival Schools. I use to go round my friends house on Friday night drinking beer and playing that game.

Errkal
Social Sec.
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:52 am

Most games I liked I've owned, but Pokemon Stadium and Pokemom Snap would be in this category, only really played them at Burger King in Brighton as they used to have an N64 in there but they were awesome.

Roonmastor
Joined in 2008

by Roonmastor » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:03 pm

Another vote for Snap. Rented and completed it in a weekend, but fricking adored it. Needs a sequel.

OrangeRKN
SONM & Cake Sec.
SONM & Cake Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Seems like we all rented Snap... maybe this is why there was never a sequel :lol:

Seven
Joined in 2008

by Seven » Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:23 am

Well I got it for my Christmas (or birthday I don't remember), you all ruined chances of getting Snap 2 :cry:

Anyway Mission Impossible for N64. Rented that every weekend, loved the game so much

Nintendo ID: SevenFisher (Nickname: Seven)
Lotus
Joined in 2008

by Lotus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:03 pm

Lylat Wars springs to mind. Borrowed it off a friend mostly back in the day, and I've played it on an emulator plenty as well, but never owned a copy.

Also would've said Ocarina of Time and Banjo Kazooie, but I have come to own those in the last couple of years (on Gamecube and XBLA respectively). I never owned them on N64 though, and again borrowed them extensively off friends. They were already two of my favourites (OoT especially) when it came to eventually own them.

VlaSoul
Joined in 2018

by VlaSoul » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:55 pm

Dragon Ball Fighterz maybe? I'll pick it up at some point but yeah there was a point where I'd play it like everyday with my flatmate; got me back into fighting games after I went off Tekken for a bit

and while i wouldn't really call it a favourite, I've played a lot black ops III with friends in uni, and man is that some good gooseberry fool

was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM
sig made by the venerable Krik
Jam-Master Jay
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lord Hypnos

by Jam-Master Jay » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

I borrowed it from my mate so often it might as well have been mine and Castlevania has since gone on to become one of my favourite series in gaming. I almost bought a PSP and Dracula X Chronicles just for the port of SotN that was included as a bonus. :lol:

Ironhide
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:09 pm

Gunstar Heroes (MD) - I've only played this masterpiece via emulation but utterly love it.

Virtua Fighter (Saturn) - only ever played in the arcade and the console version at a friends house (I used to win almost every time), by the time I got a Saturn the superior VF2 was out so got that instead.

Return to “Games”