Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
Poser
Banned
Joined in 2008
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Poser » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:26 pm

jawafour wrote:

Fed up with the serious playing style of FIFA and PES? Want some arcade-style soccer action? Golazo! launches on the eShop tomorrow!

Football is all about fun and teamwork. It doesn’t matter if you’re on the field or play it on console sitting with your friends on the couch. With its vintage, not-too-serious, artistic and creative modern approach to classic gameplay, Golazo! is certainly a perfect game for people who are weary of football managers or complicated hard-core simulators. You just grab your pad, sit on the couch and play!

In Golazo! you will find a ton of fun and:

+ Three arcade dynamic game modes: quick match, World Cup, International ranking
+ Ideal for Couch & Party gamers
+ Furious matches up to 4 players (offline multiplayer)
+ Who needs rules? No fouls and offsides!
+ Legendary players used as reference
+ 32 national teams in International Cup mode with ranking
+ A locker room where you can exchange your points to new kits or balls.
+ Humor – football managers and simulators are boring. Let’s bring back fun to football!


Looks awful, but also looks like the endless alternative football games that I occasionally cheated on SWOS with on the Amiga. Only ever a diversion, but sometimes entertaining.

Image
User avatar
Clarkman
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Clarkman » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Poser wrote:Looks awful, but also looks like the endless alternative football games that I occasionally cheated on SWOS with on the Amiga. Only ever a diversion, but sometimes entertaining.


Agree totally. The idea of arcade soccer is fun in theory, but that video was so lifeless. Even the voiceover was awful.

Mario Strikers sequel would appeal though.

User avatar
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Pedz » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 pm

jawafour wrote:

Fed up with the serious playing style of FIFA and PES? Want some arcade-style soccer action? Golazo! launches on the eShop tomorrow!

Football is all about fun and teamwork. It doesn’t matter if you’re on the field or play it on console sitting with your friends on the couch. With its vintage, not-too-serious, artistic and creative modern approach to classic gameplay, Golazo! is certainly a perfect game for people who are weary of football managers or complicated hard-core simulators. You just grab your pad, sit on the couch and play!

In Golazo! you will find a ton of fun and:

+ Three arcade dynamic game modes: quick match, World Cup, International ranking
+ Ideal for Couch & Party gamers
+ Furious matches up to 4 players (offline multiplayer)
+ Who needs rules? No fouls and offsides!
+ Legendary players used as reference
+ 32 national teams in International Cup mode with ranking
+ A locker room where you can exchange your points to new kits or balls.
+ Humor – football managers and simulators are boring. Let’s bring back fun to football!


Looks so much better than most football games, bar Rocket League.

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:05 pm

Poser wrote:
jawafour wrote:

Fed up with the serious playing style of FIFA and PES? Want some arcade-style soccer action? Golazo! launches on the eShop tomorrow!

Football is all about fun and teamwork. It doesn’t matter if you’re on the field or play it on console sitting with your friends on the couch. With its vintage, not-too-serious, artistic and creative modern approach to classic gameplay, Golazo! is certainly a perfect game for people who are weary of football managers or complicated hard-core simulators. You just grab your pad, sit on the couch and play!

In Golazo! you will find a ton of fun and:

+ Three arcade dynamic game modes: quick match, World Cup, International ranking
+ Ideal for Couch & Party gamers
+ Furious matches up to 4 players (offline multiplayer)
+ Who needs rules? No fouls and offsides!
+ Legendary players used as reference
+ 32 national teams in International Cup mode with ranking
+ A locker room where you can exchange your points to new kits or balls.
+ Humor – football managers and simulators are boring. Let’s bring back fun to football!


Looks awful, but also looks like the endless alternative football games that I occasionally cheated on SWOS with on the Amiga. Only ever a diversion, but sometimes entertaining.


The glitches in USA 94 on SNES still have me strongly believing that a trash tier footie game can be fun in the right circumstances. Sliding tackles that would occasionally go the whole length of the pitch, through the crowd and then resuming back on the other side of the pitch again is still a gaming highlight for me.

Image
Image
User avatar
jawafour
Member
Joined in 2012

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by jawafour » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:09 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:The glitches in USA 94 on SNES still have me strongly believing that a trash tier footie game can be fun in the right circumstances. Sliding tackles that would occasionally go the whole length of the pitch, through the crowd and then resuming back on the other side of the pitch again is still a gaming highlight for me.

Oh man, I love things like this! :slol: .

You know, I think it's time to create a thread about football games over the years. I've played tons of them and I'm sure many of you guys have, too. Will have a think and then set it up over the next few days.

All is well, just taking a break
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:22 pm

Look forward to it!

Image
Image
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Fisher » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:57 pm

i got demos.

User avatar
The Watching Artist
Scrub
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by The Watching Artist » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 am

Ad7 wrote:
The Doom Spoon wrote:
jawafour wrote:>>> Switch Squad update! <<<

If you lost your badge and want to pin it back onto your signature... here we go!

Image

Image source: https://i.postimg.cc/wjNcjqZk/s-squad-b ... 190911.png


I've seen the badge about on the forum. What's the Switch Squad?


A port of the Wii U 'club U'.

:lol:

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by ITSMILNER » Thu Sep 12, 2019 8:16 pm

Well, how’s this for a stealth release, Amnesia: Collection has launched on Nintendo Switch! Collection includes Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Amnesia: Justine & Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs


Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Winckle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 pm

jawafour wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:The glitches in USA 94 on SNES still have me strongly believing that a trash tier footie game can be fun in the right circumstances. Sliding tackles that would occasionally go the whole length of the pitch, through the crowd and then resuming back on the other side of the pitch again is still a gaming highlight for me.

Oh man, I love things like this! :slol: .

You know, I think it's time to create a thread about football games over the years. I've played tons of them and I'm sure many of you guys have, too. Will have a think and then set it up over the next few days.

Then do I have the video for you:


User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Robbo-92 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:07 pm

I’d forgotten how useful suspend points were until now, really useful in ALTTP in my opinion.

Image

Image
User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:25 pm

Winckle wrote:
jawafour wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:The glitches in USA 94 on SNES still have me strongly believing that a trash tier footie game can be fun in the right circumstances. Sliding tackles that would occasionally go the whole length of the pitch, through the crowd and then resuming back on the other side of the pitch again is still a gaming highlight for me.

Oh man, I love things like this! :slol: .

You know, I think it's time to create a thread about football games over the years. I've played tons of them and I'm sure many of you guys have, too. Will have a think and then set it up over the next few days.

Then do I have the video for you:



Can't watch it now unfortunately. Hopefully it's the one with about 50 goals my mate sent me a few years back!

Image
Image
User avatar
Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008
Location: Liverpool

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Winckle » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:37 pm

It's just another boring 0-0 draw I'm afraid.

Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Fisher » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:57 pm

shyguy64 what switch game did you played today.

User avatar
kazanova_Frankenstein
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:22 am

Winckle wrote:It's just another boring 0-0 draw I'm afraid.


:lol:
That's the one. Great video, great game. Remember getting this for my birthday when it came out.

Image
Image
User avatar
Squinty
Member
Joined in 2009
Location: Norn Oirland

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Squinty » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:35 am

Robbo-92 wrote:I’d forgotten how useful suspend points were until now, really useful in ALTTP in my opinion.


Played through Mario World and I was totally abusing the rewind feature, the physics in that game are weird.

User avatar
Rex Kramer
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Rex Kramer » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:25 am

The eshop watchlist is starting to cost me reasonable amounts of cash. In the last 2 weeks I've bought Golf Peaks, Katamari Damacy and Super Blood Hockey. All of them at 50% discount or more but I really don't need more games. My Thursday evening routine has become checking that just to see if stuff I've tagged is discounted.

User avatar
Mafro
Moderator
Joined in 2008
AKA: DAT MAF
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Mafro » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am

Winckle wrote:It's just another boring 0-0 draw I'm afraid.

Own goal?

HSH28 wrote:Assmung you ever get one that is.

Blog | Twitter
User avatar
ianfianf
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Prototype

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by ianfianf » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:08 am

Rex Kramer wrote:The eshop watchlist is starting to cost me reasonable amounts of cash. In the last 2 weeks I've bought Golf Peaks, Katamari Damacy and Super Blood Hockey. All of them at 50% discount or more but I really don't need more games. My Thursday evening routine has become checking that just to see if stuff I've tagged is discounted.


I got my Switch a few days ago and I've already felt compelled to get Katamari Re-roll.

Hopefully Celeste gets a discount soon cos that looks incredible.

User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Thrii
by Robbo-92 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:29 am

Squinty wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:I’d forgotten how useful suspend points were until now, really useful in ALTTP in my opinion.


Played through Mario World and I was totally abusing the rewind feature, the physics in that game are weird.


I’ve not used the rewind feature properly yet (just used it for the hell of it one time) but I imagine if you can use it after death then you can effectively get unlimited lives in a sense making it but easier? I don’t know how hard Mario World gets as I’ve only played through the first world so far.

Image

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobbyDigital, Errkal, Gemini73, hamm sandwich, Madness, mcjihge2, Meep, mic, OldSoulCyborg, Pedz, PuppetBoy, Squinty, TonyDA and 50 guests