Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!

Anything to do with games at all.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:46 pm

twitter.com/canary1023/status/1349043175541911552



Fake? Real? You decide :capnscotty:

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Victor Mildew
Member
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Victor Mildew » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 pm

I spotted NSMB 3 on the 3DS section of cdkeys the other day, was perplexed as I've never heard of it, then could only find a reference to a fan mod on the interwebs.

It.had proper box art and everything. I can't find it now though :/

Edit: https://www.cdkeys.com/nintendo/games-3 ... e-code-eng

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 pm

How bizarre :lol: wonder where that came from, been up since 2013 by the looks of it.

There were reports that one of Nintendo’s internal studios were staffing up for a new 2D game, would hope for something new tho or a return of Wario Land.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 pm

They better not be making another NSMB :lol: :fp:

They need to desperately reinvent 2D Mario.

Image
User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Jenuall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:21 pm

Bah Bah!

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:30 pm

After Mario Maker, it’s had to see where they take a 2D Mario at this point. Personally I would prefer them making a new DKC or Wario 2D scroller

Long Live Switch Squad!
Barnsy!
Member
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Barnsy! » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:37 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Personally I would prefer them making a new DKC


Yes please :D

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:41 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:After Mario Maker, it’s had to see where they take a 2D Mario at this point. Personally I would prefer them making a new DKC or Wario 2D scroller



I agree, but there is surely scope for a new art style at least.


RE: Wario, perhaps they'll give Good Feel a break from Yoshi and let them make another after Wario Land Shake It on the Wii.

Image
User avatar
Balladeer
Member
Joined in 2018
Location: Lord's

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Balladeer » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:43 pm

If Nintendo can’t make a 2D Mario that’s better than, and uses new ideas over, what almost anyone can make in Mario Maker 2, they’re not the company I thought they were.

User avatar
Jenuall
Member
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Exeter nebula
Contact:

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Jenuall » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:45 pm

I'd take a new Wario Land over NSMB or DKC personally.

I think there's still plenty of scope for doing more with Mario in 2D as well though.

Image
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:47 pm

I'm still upset they let Retro strawberry float about and produce nothing for 9 years instead of finishing off their own DKC trilogy.


A new Wario would be cool though and a bit different to what they've done with 2D games in recent years.

Image
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 pm

Tomous wrote:I'm still upset they let Retro strawberry float about and produce nothing for 9 years instead of finishing off their own DKC trilogy.


A new Wario would be cool though and a bit different to what they've done with 2D games in recent years.


I’m surprised they never shut the studio down if there were that many problems with Retro getting a game made and out the door. I’m guessing they must have had at least 2/3 projects that were shelved, hopefully one day more details leak out about what’s been going on.

Long Live Switch Squad!
User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:09 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Tomous wrote:I'm still upset they let Retro strawberry float about and produce nothing for 9 years instead of finishing off their own DKC trilogy.


A new Wario would be cool though and a bit different to what they've done with 2D games in recent years.


I’m surprised they never shut the studio down if there were that many problems with Retro getting a game made and out the door. I’m guessing they must have had at least 2/3 projects that were shelved, hopefully one day more details leak out about what’s been going on.



They may have wasted money on cancelled projects but they've had 3m seller on Switch in Tropical Freeze that would have cost strawberry float all to port and add Funky.

Image
User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Drumstick » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:32 pm

I'll take Donkey Kong Odyssey please.

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
ITSMILNER
Member
Joined in 2008
Location: UK

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by ITSMILNER » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:42 pm

Tomous wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Tomous wrote:I'm still upset they let Retro strawberry float about and produce nothing for 9 years instead of finishing off their own DKC trilogy.


A new Wario would be cool though and a bit different to what they've done with 2D games in recent years.


I’m surprised they never shut the studio down if there were that many problems with Retro getting a game made and out the door. I’m guessing they must have had at least 2/3 projects that were shelved, hopefully one day more details leak out about what’s been going on.



They may have wasted money on cancelled projects but they've had 3m seller on Switch in Tropical Freeze that would have cost strawberry float all to port and add Funky.


Imagine if we were all wrong and Retro has completed a number of projects that Nintendo are sitting on waiting to release when the time is right :datass:

That much rumoured Metroid Prime Trilogy HD could be them

Long Live Switch Squad!
Fisher
Member
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Fisher » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:57 pm

shyguy64 did you get a new recipe in animal crossing new horizons today.

User avatar
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Drumstick » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:33 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Feb: Super Mario 3D World
Mar: Monster Hunter Rise
Apr: New Pokemon Snap

To me this represents a very strong first third of 2021. I don't buy as many games as most but I'll definitely be getting these three, probably not on release though.

ITSMILNER wrote:Wonder if they will have something lined up for May?

Zelda 35th Anniversary?

One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image
"economically unviable"
-Oblomov Boblomov
User avatar
Robbo-92
Member
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92
Location: South Yorkshire

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Robbo-92 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:37 am

Have they got a ‘big’ release this month? Out of what we definitely know (list above) and Bravely Default 2, I think I’m only definitely going to be getting Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. It’s still not a bad start to the year at all though.

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
That's not a growth
Member
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by That's not a growth » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:06 am

Doesn't make sense to me to have a big release in Jan. Anything that could be ready for Jan would really be better to try and be released before Christmas instead.

User avatar
Tomous
I Pissed My Pants
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Fore!
by Tomous » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:10 am

Robbo-92 wrote:Have they got a ‘big’ release this month? Out of what we definitely know (list above) and Bravely Default 2, I think I’m only definitely going to be getting Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury. It’s still not a bad start to the year at all though.



No, not really. They've had a Wii U port the past few years so I guess 3D World fills that sport. Possibly it was delayed a little due to Covid and the Feb date is the earliest they could get it out.

Image

Return to “Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Balladeer, BTB, Edd, Google [Bot], GrinWithoutaKat, Hound, kazanova_Frankenstein, Photek, Ploiper, Vermilion, Zerudaaaaa! and 219 guests