Resident Evil: Village But With Big Booby Vampire Ladies

Anything to do with games at all.
Errkal
Joined in 2011

PostRe: Resident Evil: Village But With Big Booby Vampire Ladies
by Errkal » Mon May 10, 2021 9:42 am

Zilnad wrote:
Errkal wrote:Grabbed this an 7 Biohazard on Steam to give it a go, is it best to play 7 first ? I've not played anyt RE game since starting 5 and losing interest so didn't want to dive in and be lost story and whatever wise

Definitely play 7 first. The story in 8 is awful but it'll ruin some of 7s mystery. 7 feels very removed from everything else as well so it's a good starting point.

Overall, I think 7 is the better "experience" but 8 is much more fun to play. I'd be hard pushed to pick a favourite just yet.

Coolio thanks I'll start on 7 :)

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon May 10, 2021 9:45 am

Errkal wrote:
Zilnad wrote:
Errkal wrote:Grabbed this an 7 Biohazard on Steam to give it a go, is it best to play 7 first ? I've not played anyt RE game since starting 5 and losing interest so didn't want to dive in and be lost story and whatever wise

Definitely play 7 first. The story in 8 is awful but it'll ruin some of 7s mystery. 7 feels very removed from everything else as well so it's a good starting point.

Overall, I think 7 is the better "experience" but 8 is much more fun to play. I'd be hard pushed to pick a favourite just yet.

It’s worth noting that Resi 8 does have a recap video for 7 if you don’t want to go through it, but I’d recommend going through the whole game anyway as it’s very good.

Errkal
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Mon May 10, 2021 10:06 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Errkal wrote:
Zilnad wrote:

It’s worth noting that Resi 8 does have a recap video for 7 if you don’t want to go through it, but I’d recommend going through the whole game anyway as it’s very good.

The reviews look good, and it isn't like some games where the previous version is old as and so playing it feels clunky and horrid when you dont have a layer of nostagia attached to it to make it less horrid so makes sense to do it.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Mon May 10, 2021 2:50 pm

Just got an S rank on Mercenaries stage 3 during my lunch break. That was a tricky level as I kept missing just a couple of enemies and missing out on the "all enemies" bonus. Next stage has five areas so looks like a long one.

The combat is far better than the campaign had me believe. Not that I thought it was bad, it just really comes into its own here. Mercenaries is just frantic, non-stop action and it's great.

Ploiper
Joined in 2018

by Ploiper » Mon May 10, 2021 7:39 pm

chugging along nicely in the factory, just done the labyrinth puzzle and shall leave it there for the day. got the next shotgun as well, be handy.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Mon May 10, 2021 8:46 pm

There’s two inventory upgrades.

Just finished my second run on Casual difficulty, to mop up the collectibles and finished it in 4hrs 42mins. Now I feel the three hours run trophy is much more achievable.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Mon May 10, 2021 8:51 pm

I definitely want another slow run, soaking in the atmosphere, before I go all inf ammo and sprint past everything.

Just got another S rank in Mercenaries but now it's gotten really difficult. Two hits means death and all I can afford is a shitty pistol :dread:

Rapidly-Greying
Joined in 2008

by Rapidly-Greying » Mon May 10, 2021 8:57 pm

What does the dlc do? I've downloaded it but where the gooseberry fool is it?

Rapidly-greying is Mediocre to Average at games :fp:
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Mon May 10, 2021 9:17 pm

Second run done, picked up the infinite ammo magnum. Got some fun coming in playthrough three, then I'll probably stream a very hard mode run for number four. :D

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Mon May 10, 2021 9:22 pm

Rapidly-Greying wrote:What does the dlc do? I've downloaded it but where the gooseberry fool is it?

If you mean the Trauma pack when you get to a shop they'll be some free goodies for you

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 11, 2021 12:20 am

Eased through the game a third time with that magnum in 2 hours and 22 minutes without coming close to needing a healing item. :lol:

Next up - very hard mode. Then to finish off the tough achievements, a wee knife-only run for the lads.

Albert
Joined in 2008

by Albert » Tue May 11, 2021 12:42 am

Corazon de Leon wrote:Eased through the game a third time with that magnum in 2 hours and 22 minutes without coming close to needing a healing item. :lol:

What difficulty?

Also How do you get infinite ammo guns?

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Tue May 11, 2021 12:58 am

Albear wrote:
Corazon de Leon wrote:Eased through the game a third time with that magnum in 2 hours and 22 minutes without coming close to needing a healing item. :lol:

What difficulty?

You need to upgrade the gun to the maximum via The Duke’s store, then buy infinite ammo for that weapon in the extras. This only works after you’ve finished the game once. (Not sure if you need to add attachments as well.) You get points by competing challenges.

Third play through done, clocked at 2hrs 10mins (on casual) so that’s the speed run trophy done.

Looks like I’ll need to do a lot of speed runs to get enough cash for the strongest weapon, STAKE before doing the most difficult run.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 11, 2021 1:16 am

Err, so I just started a run on Village of Shadows mode and...yep, it's pretty strawberry floating tough. Bought a S.T.A.K.E. but it's not got infinite ammo and I'm torn between selling off my other guns, which have infinite ammo, to pay for upgrades, or fighting on with what I've got (infinite ammo grenade launcher, sniper rifle, Wolfsbane magnum, M1911 and W870 shotgun). Decisions...

Couple of other notes - you get much bigger money drops from the standard enemies, and they've also placed new enemies in areas that are wildly inconvenient. Like, for example, the part of the dungeon where Dimitrescu chops your hand off now has the vampire thrall things in it too, while you have no weapon...

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 11, 2021 1:48 am

Wedgie wrote:
Albear wrote:

What difficulty?

You need to upgrade the gun to the maximum via The Duke’s store, then buy infinite ammo for that weapon in the extras. This only works after you’ve finished the game once. (Not sure if you need to add attachments as well.) You get points by competing challenges.

Third play through done, clocked at 2hrs 10mins (on casual) so that’s the speed run trophy done.

Looks like I’ll need to do a lot of speed runs to get enough cash for the strongest weapon, STAKE before doing the most difficult run.

Guns need to be fully upgraded, with all attachments to unlock the infinite ammo version. If you're going for the crafting achievements, bear in mind one of them is locked behind a weapon that only becomes available to buy when you beat the game on Village of Shadows mode as well. Absolute fuckery. :lol:

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Tue May 11, 2021 6:52 am

I'm guessing Village of Shadows is like Inferno in RE3 in that there's basically no way to do it without using the 'cheats' and that Hardcore on a new save file is the hardest run in the game.

Time for adventure
Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Tue May 11, 2021 8:28 am

The later Mercenaries stages are pretty cruel. You have very little health and you're relying on fully upgrading the basic pistol while only using pipe bombs/mines when absolutely necessary. You can buy a Magnum or grenade launcher but you only have one round of ammo and the enemies don't drop any. It's really hard.

Edit - I was feeling sore in the above post as I'd just died on the very final stage of Castle 2 but it still registered an S rank! Awesome. Good to know :msgreen:

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 11, 2021 8:52 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:I'm guessing Village of Shadows is like Inferno in RE3 in that there's basically no way to do it without using the 'cheats' and that Hardcore on a new save file is the hardest run in the game.

I don’t think so. It’s not Indra-death like Inferno and you can take a couple of shots from a normal enemy before death, so starting a new run on that mode is definitely winnable. The opening section will be a complete Gallacher though.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Tue May 11, 2021 9:05 am

Mercenaries Factory 2 is going to be tough. I got an A rank but fighting those drill strawberry floaters with just a pistol is really difficult. Very tricky to keep your combo building so it's going to take some experimentation to work out the best times to use the ten Magnum bullets. :dread:

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Tue May 11, 2021 11:12 am

Fighting Dimitrescu on the very hard mode is insanely tough, she can wipe you out very quickly.

Return to “Games”