Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC)

Anything to do with games at all.
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

PostRe: Resident Evil 7: Biohazard (PS4, PSVR, XBO, PC)
by KjGarly » Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:21 pm

Zilnad wrote:I think I'll be replaying this very soon as well. I've already finished the main story 4 times.

Same, finished the main story a few times but never touched any of the DLC in the Gold Edition. Will definitely get round to downloading and playing through it again before Village is released.

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:21 am

The DLCs is a bit disappointing.

One is basically a Mercs mode but it’s not as fun as RE4’s.

The bedroom escape is a decent escape room puzzle. Easily the best one I’ve played so far.

Ethan Must Die is not fun to play.

Chris’s DLC is meh. Punching a giant acid spewing mould monster and watching it fly is a bit amusing.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:29 am

Ethan Must Die is strawberry floating mental. It's an absolute lottery as to whether you'll even be able to make it out of the first room!

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:28 am

I’d say that End of Zoe is definitely worth a play but I wouldn’t pay more than £7 or so. It’s a neat departure with interesting new mechanics, and actually ends a story strand (similar to how Not a Hero does).

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:41 am

I didn't play this game for about 2 years because I got to the boss fight in the basement with the chainsaw, and the guy could seemingly take an infinite amount of bullets.

It almost felt like the battle was on a timer rather than I was doing damage.

Just picked it up again and still haven't beat him, that fight is an absolute chore.

wildphantom23
Joined in 2020

by wildphantom23 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:53 am

Fade wrote:I didn't play this game for about 2 years because I got to the boss fight in the basement with the chainsaw, and the guy could seemingly take an infinite amount of bullets.

Just picked it up again and still haven't beat him, that fight is an absolute chore.

Take a look where he picks up his chainsaw....

Zellery
Joined in 2008

by Zellery » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:44 am

I'd say the Chris Redfield DLC is definitely worth playing through.

Not only does it wrap up the Baker story, it's also free!

Superfurryfox64
Joined in 2017

by Superfurryfox64 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:47 pm

Blackjack 21 in VR was addictive as strawberry float...

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:57 pm

wildphantom23 wrote:
Fade wrote:I didn't play this game for about 2 years because I got to the boss fight in the basement with the chainsaw, and the guy could seemingly take an infinite amount of bullets.

I know you can pick up the chainsaw. That fight is still a chore.

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:17 pm

Fade wrote:
wildphantom23 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's not referring to picking up the chainsaw, rather the car keys

KjGarly
Joined in 2008

by KjGarly » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:44 pm

Rocsteady wrote:
Fade wrote:
wildphantom23 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he's not referring to picking up the chainsaw, rather the car keys

Car keys? You can knock the sacks into him causing him to stumble too.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:53 pm

Regardless of how you do it the fight is a real chore.

I think Rocsteady is thinking of the first fight, in the garage.

Time for adventure
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:55 pm

By far the hardest bit in the game. It’s largely luck.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:24 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Rocsteady wrote:
Fade wrote:
wildphantom23 wrote:

Car keys? You can knock the sacks into him causing him to stumble too.

Rocsteady you're thinking of the garage boss fight, not the basement one.

I know you can do that, but it's still a chore. He takes far too much damage and you just walk around in a circle for 5 minutes doing exact the same thing.

Oh and the game forces you to pick up the chainsaw otherwise he can can just do an insta kill attack. If that's the case why not have a scripted sequence that makes you pick it up rather than give the illusion of choice?

Easily one of the worse boss battles I've ever played. The main reason I haven't completed it is because I don't have the patience for it, it's just so strawberry floating monotonous.

Oh and even better, sometimes when you start the battle he'll grab you twice in a row and make you take inescapable damage, other times he won't.

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:51 pm

Oh aye you're right, that bit is nippy.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:22 pm

I may be remembering it wrong but can't you just crouch under his one hit kill? It's definitely not a good boss fight but it isn't that difficult.

KjGarly
Joined in 2008

by KjGarly » Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:50 pm

Zilnad wrote:I may be remembering it wrong but can't you just crouch under his one hit kill? It's definitely not a good boss fight but it isn't that difficult.

You can do that, yes. Just been playing through it and whizzed through that fight. Get the chainsaw, hit the bags against him and keep attacking.

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:31 pm

KjGarly wrote:
Zilnad wrote:I may be remembering it wrong but can't you just crouch under his one hit kill? It's definitely not a good boss fight but it isn't that difficult.

You can do that, yes. Just been playing through it and whizzed through that fight. Get the chainsaw, hit the bags against him and keep attacking.

Ah yes, I remember that part of the game where the game taught me some enemies have one hit kill attacks

I also remember the bit where it taught me that crouch could be used for dodging

Oh wait, no, it didn't, it's just a poorly designed trial and error boss battle.

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:23 pm

This is now free for both people that have Stadia Pro. Looking forward to playing this for the first time!

speedboatchase
Joined in 2008

by speedboatchase » Tue May 04, 2021 2:56 pm

Literally the same for me, but I hadn't played it in 4.5 years :fp: I removed all the antique coins to free up space because I forgot their purpose!

My advice is to queue up a video and try to follow exactly how other players begin the game (a few shotgun shells to the head then stand to his left when he reaches for the chainsaw so you can pick up yours at the same time).

It took me a few tries after that but I finally got there. The game gets so much better after that, so don't give up.

Return to “Games”