Wreckfest | XB/PS/PC/Game Pass | Out 21st June on Switch.

Anything to do with games at all.
Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostWreckfest | XB/PS/PC/Game Pass | Out 21st June on Switch.
by Monkey Man » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:28 pm

Drive hard. Die last.

Break the rules and take full-contact racing to the limit with Wreckfest!

Expect epic crashes, neck-to-neck fights over the finish line and brand-new ways for metal to bend – These are the once-in-a-lifetime moments that can only be achieved in Wreckfest, with its true-to-life physics simulation crafted by legendary developer Bugbear, who also brought you FlatOut 1 & 2!

Burn rubber and shred metal in the ultimate driving playground

https://order.wreckfestgame.com/

Developer: Bugbear Entertainment, Bugbear
Publisher: Bugbear Entertainment, THQ Nordic
Platform: Xbox Series X|S/Xbox One/PS4|5/PC/Game Pass/Switch.
Release Date: 14 January 2014 was the initial release date. 21st June 2022 on Switch.
Genre: Arcade Racing
Multiplayer: 16 on Xbox One/PS4 versions. 24 on XSX|S/PS5/PC versions.

Metacritic: 81% - https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/wreckfest
https://www.facebook.com/wreckfestofficial
https://twitter.com/bugbeargames

Now 60fps/4K on Series X & 30fps/4K on Series S - http://community.bugbeargames.com/threa ... ash.15430/

It's also on Game Pass.

Last edited by Monkey Man on Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

PostRe: BugBear's Next Car Game | Wreckfest | 27 August 2019 on PS4 & Xbox One
by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:55 pm

Time to resume my career. My only issue with it was the 30fps cap. The new tournament thing looked like fun from what i could make out in the trailer.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:16 pm

Vienna, Austria / Helsinki, Finland, March 29th, 2021 - The critically acclaimed demolition racer Wreckfest is ready to wreck on PlayStation®5 starting June 1st, 2021!

The PlayStation®5 version offers the best Wreckfest experience on consoles ever and takes full advantage of the PlayStation®5's hardware power. Not only does the new version offer enhanced visuals such as dynamic dirt on vehicles, better textures, and improved visual effects. Additionally, it also runs with a wonderful 4K resolution at a smooth 60 frames per second. The multiplayer features 24 players now, for even more intense carnage on the race tracks.

Here is an overview of the added enhancements:

Dynamic dirt on vehicles
Improved shadows, particles, and environment lighting
Higher resolution textures
Increased amount of foliage
Godrays
New visual effects for skidmarks
DualSense haptic effects
Much faster loading times

Wreckfest is coming to PS5 on June 1st, 2021, and will be available both digitally and as a retail box for $ 39.99 / € 39.99 / £ 34.99.

Owners of Wreckfest on PS4 can upgrade to the enhanced version on PS5™ for $9.99 / € 9.99.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:32 pm

Will definitely be purchasing that if it lives up to the promises in the blurb.

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:36 am

Seems really strange that they have gone about PS5 and Series X enhancements so differently. First game i can think of where there is a free next gen update on one console, and a paid enhanced upgrade on the other.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:12 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Seems really strange that they have gone about PS5 and Series X enhancements so differently. First game i can think of where there is a free next gen update on one console, and a paid enhanced upgrade on the other.

The paid update is coming to Xbox later this year. Maybe it was just easy to do a quick 60FPS update and give it a boost whilst its in Game Pass. It's certainly got me back playing it.

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:34 am

Monkey Man wrote:
kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:Seems really strange that they have gone about PS5 and Series X enhancements so differently. First game i can think of where there is a free next gen update on one console, and a paid enhanced upgrade on the other.

The paid update is coming to Xbox later this year. Maybe it was just easy to do a quick 60FPS update and give it a boost whilst its in Game Pass. It's certainly got me back playing it.

I did not realise the full update is coming later. Still, thats interesting also as it means as a value proposition its less appealing on the Series consoles (most would argue that 60fps is more important than real time dirt on cars etc).

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:02 am

Tempted to sack off dirt 5 and get this instead.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:56 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Tempted to sack off dirt 5 and get this instead.

I’d try before you buy, somehow. Maybe the FPS boost elevates it into a territory where it’s not boring as gooseberry fool to play. Should have made all of the cars 40mph faster than they already are.

KingK
Joined in 2008

by KingK » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:36 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Tempted to sack off dirt 5 and get this instead.

Without question. Wreckfest is so much fun. Dirt 5 is just awful

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Wreckfest | Now 60fps/4K on Series X | Out on Game Pass
by That » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:50 pm

(Split to a new thread. Seems to be exciting news for Racing GRcade so it's a shame to have it buried in a thread from ages back. Have fun!)

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Wreckfest | Now 60fps/4K on Series X | Out on Game Pass | PS5 version in June
by Zilnad » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:56 pm

I might be tempted to give this a go too. The last racing game I really got into, apart from Mario Kart and Wipeout, was probably Burnout Paradise at the time of its original release!

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Wreckfest | Now 60fps/4K on Series X | Out on Game Pass | PS5 version in June
by DarkRula » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Haven't updated as of yet, but I certainly will today. I had planned on doing so yesterday, but Monster Hunter called.

GrinWithoutaKat
Joined in 2009

by GrinWithoutaKat » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:24 pm

I think I'd happily pay the £10 upgrade if/when it comes to Xbox. The game is great.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

by more heat than light » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:43 pm

Yeah I found the game boring to play as well. Might be more of a laugh in online modes but the career mode is a chore.

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
Trelliz
Doctor ♥
Joined in 2008

by Trelliz » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:43 am

more heat than light wrote:Yeah I found the game boring to play as well. Might be more of a laugh in online modes but the career mode is a chore.

It has one of the most aggressive types of "you have to get X stars/points/awards to continue or tough gooseberry fool" single player modes that can absolutely grind the game to a halt if you get stuck.

jawa2 wrote:Tl;dr Trelliz isn't a miserable git; he's right.
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Tue May 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Beem playing this a lot since starting it last week. It's not amazing, but I'm really enjoying the racing with elbows out approach (tapping someone in to a spin to take them out of contention on the last lap is so satisfying).

Currently half way though career mode. Tried a couple of multiplayer races tonight, which were predictably carnage, although I managed to get 2nd in a pure racing one.

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Tue May 18, 2021 11:17 pm

Oh, awesome. I'm with you on it not being amazing. Other racing games are definitely better, but when the chaos starts, it all just slots into place as a great racer.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Wed May 19, 2021 8:58 am

It's a shame some of the events can be fiddled in a way (or almost have to be to progresss). I just did a destruction event where you just had to get to the end, points didn't matter, but if you join in you can't survive, so I just skirted around the edges to keep out of trouble and then tapped someone every now and then to reset the contact timer. Once it was down to 3 opponents left I could just move in and pick them off.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Wed May 19, 2021 9:06 am

I've also been playing it a bit and I've finished the career now. Really wanted to go for the platinum but there's a trophy for 20 online wins that I just can't see being worth the time. So I might be done with it now.

I very rarely play racing games and this one was just okay.

Return to “Games”