Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4/PS5)

Anything to do with games at all.
Drej
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4/PS5)
by Drej » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:07 am

Wow the Yuffie episode is 15.99?? That seems a bit too steep

Guess Il just replay the upgraded version

gamerforever
Joined in 2010

by gamerforever » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:21 am

Download is now up for upgraders. Will get the yuffie dlc later, maybe once its $5. This weeks all about ratchet and clank rift apart, another stunning ps5 exclusive, to add to their amazing roster.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:22 am

Once those who have played both versions have had enough time with the ps5 one, could you tell me if it's worth not playing the ps4 plus version or if I should buy the ps5 one at some point.

FF7 is one of my favourite games ever, I've played it so many times, yet I've not played the remake (I was holding out for all chapters :fp:).

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
gamerforever
Joined in 2010

by gamerforever » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:24 am

I wouldn’t bother holding out as it will probably take another generation until it is complete. I suggest you play the ps4 version and replay it on ps5 next year, when it will be £20.

andythevillan
Joined in 2008

by andythevillan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:49 am

The graphics seem mostly the same on the PS5 version but there is a full 4k mode on the option menu along with a 60 fps which is my preference

BOR
Joined in 2008

by BOR » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:01 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Once those who have played both versions have had enough time with the ps5 one, could you tell me if it's worth not playing the ps4 plus version or if I should buy the ps5 one at some point.

FF7 is one of my favourite games ever, I've played it so many times, yet I've not played the remake (I was holding out for all chapters :fp:).

I do have the PS+ version but I haven't played it yet. I was holding back by the PS5 version and I want the best version to play. :fp:

And the loading times between PS4 and PS5 is insane!

40 seconds load vs 2 seconds on PS5. :o

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:46 am

andythevillan wrote:The graphics seem mostly the same on the PS5 version but there is a full 4k mode on the option menu along with a 60 fps which is my preference

You seen the backgrounds improvement right?

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:56 am

BOR wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Once those who have played both versions have had enough time with the ps5 one, could you tell me if it's worth not playing the ps4 plus version or if I should buy the ps5 one at some point.

I do have the PS+ version but I haven't played it yet. I was holding back by the PS5 version and I want the best version to play. :fp:

This is also my thinking.

I suppose I could take all my finished ps5 games to game and get a chunk of money off the ps5 version.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:44 am

How does the upgrade process work on this then - just stick the PS4 disc in and it does it all for you or do you have to go into the store or anything?

Drej
Joined in 2008

by Drej » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:28 pm

Jenuall wrote:How does the upgrade process work on this then - just stick the PS4 disc in and it does it all for you or do you have to go into the store or anything?

I went on the app and downloaded the upgrade (I had purchased the digital version from the store not the disc) It was showing as 8.99 but it let me download it without paying

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:43 pm

Cool thanks, I'll give it a look tonight :D

Wedgie
Joined in 2008

by Wedgie » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:59 pm

You can get the upgrade version for free?

The PS4 version is beautiful. No real slowdowns at all. And it’s very almost faithful to the original, and you wouldn’t be disappointed. The new additionals seems to from the Advent Children film but not sure on that as I haven’t seen the film for a long time.

The ps5 version doesn’t look any different on 4K mode. I’m sure it would be a lot better on 60 FPS mode.

In short, you’ll probably wait 10 years for all chapters. And this game isn’t that short (30-35 hours.) So go ahead and play it.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Wedgie wrote:

You can get the upgrade version for free?

The PS4 version is beautiful. No real slowdowns at all. And it’s very almost faithful to the original, and you wouldn’t be disappointed. The new additionals seems to from the Advent Children film but not sure on that as I haven’t seen the film for a long time.

The ps5 version doesn’t look any different on 4K mode. I’m sure it would be a lot better on 60 FPS mode.

In short, you’ll probably wait 10 years for all chapters. And this game isn’t that short (30-35 hours.) So go ahead and play it.

It's not really aligned with Advent Children in any meaningful way, other than some of the character designs being more in line with that than they are the original game.

There are a bunch of both new and expanded sections added to the game, for better or worse - some of the added content works well and enhances the experience whereas other sections are not so successful. Overall it's relatively faithful to the Midgar section of the original game, the same general progression and story beats, most of the same characters, bosses etc. but it definitely tells its own story and it plays quite differently - more dynamic battles, added side quests and things like that.

Overall I really enjoyed the remake and look forward to where they go next, but it did lose some of the charm of the original IMO.

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:24 pm

It’s not a patch on the original, bar the graphics & music. Hate what they’re doing to the story, the writing is cringeworthy - just abysmal - and I didn’t like the combat bar playing as Tifa, that was the tits (…literally? :shifty:)

Jenuall
Joined in 2008

by Jenuall » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:58 pm

I was never really interested in a full on 1:1 remake of the original story (the original game is possibly my GOAT so I don't want to see it done again, I'd rather just play that) so I actually quite like the story turns they have taken, only time will tell if they actually do something really interesting with it though.

The combat has plenty of quirks but on the whole I think it was a good effort to come up with something more dynamic than the original. It feels fantastic when it all comes together.

Writing is pretty gooseberry fool though, there's no denying that

CuriousOyster
Joined in 2008

by CuriousOyster » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

Jenuall wrote:How does the upgrade process work on this then - just stick the PS4 disc in and it does it all for you or do you have to go into the store or anything?

Disc one need to search FF7 Remske on store and free upgrade appears as seperate item.

Once downloading that, Yuffie DLC becomes available on store to buy. Seems pretty cool so far, looks lovely too. With every game with both options, much prefer 60fps mode the resolution never looks any worse to me and so much slicker

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:43 pm

I'll wait until the Yuffie DLC goes on sale before I replay this. Got a lot of other games on the go at the minute so I don't mind waiting.

BOR
Joined in 2008

by BOR » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:51 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
BOR wrote:

This is also my thinking.

I suppose I could take all my finished ps5 games to game and get a chunk of money off the ps5 version.

Yeah it makes sense.

The speed of SSD make a massive difference which I'm keen to play on and it saves so much time waiting for the game to load.

"Speed!" - Clarkson :lol:

"The job is done, and the bitch is dead."
Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Jenuall wrote:Cool thanks, I'll give it a look tonight :D

Just put in your disc and go to the store. There is a link for it and it will upgrade no cost

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:38 pm

The HDR in this is strawberry floating insane. Sparks off the attacks are so bright they actually light up the whole room.

Return to “Games”