Nintendo E3 Direct + Nintendo Treehouse Live | 15th June at 5pm | EVERY GAME IS COMING!!!

Anything to do with games at all.
Balladeer
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Nintendo E3 Direct + Nintendo Treehouse Live | Starts today at 5pm
by Balladeer » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:34 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Rubix wrote:Nintendo, you're my last hope of seeing something I want to play!

I bet we get a 10 minute Skyward Sword demo :fp:

Those types of demos should only be during the Treehouse Live show after the Direct, especially stuff coming up like Mario Gold and SS HD.

Day one.

Seriously though this won't happen, we'll get a good 5-10 minutes on games we already know plenty about.

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:37 pm

DarkRula wrote:You all remember that triple troll Smash trailer that announced Rosalina coming to the roster, right?

I think I missed this one at the time :lol:

My favourite thing about smash bros is Nintendo trolling with the new character announcements.

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:45 pm

OrangeRKN wrote:
DarkRula wrote:You all remember that triple troll Smash trailer that announced Rosalina coming to the roster, right?

My favourite thing about smash bros is Nintendo trolling with the new character announcements.

Banjo-Kazooie in Smash was a legendary one. Too bad it was obvious considering they repeated the same format from K. Rool's reveal, but still...

Parksey
Joined in 2008

by Parksey » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:56 pm

If they use up 5-10 mins of the direct (a good 10-20a% of the total run time) on a bloody Smash Bros character reveal I'll be so livid I'll do absolutely nothing except post my anger to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Nintendo E3 Direct + Nintendo Treehouse Live | Starts today at 5pm | GR's excitement levels are through the roof!!!
by ITSMILNER » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:00 pm

Imagine the meltdowns and doom mongering if nothing of Breath of the Wild 2 gets shown :lol:

deathofcows
Joined in 2009

by deathofcows » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:03 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:In theory we shouldn’t be seeing much gameplay considering we’ve got a 3 hour (ish) treehouse segment afterwards, undoubtedly we’ll get some gameplay in there but hopefully not much.

Ten.
Minute.
JRPG.
Showcase.

Hype :toot:

Being serious, I’m starting to get excited now we’re less than 3 hours out.

Is the Nintendo conference (whether ultimately good or not) the most exciting event in the gaming news year?

I can't think of anything bigger for me off the top of my head :toot:

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

PostRe: Nintendo E3 Direct + Nintendo Treehouse Live | Starts today at 5pm | GR's excitement levels are through the roof!!!
by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:07 pm

Smash reveals are always good value for these. Not sure if they'll open and close with the last 2 or open with one and save the last for another time.

There will maybe be one new game for Christmas this year, new BOTW2 footage and everything else will be crap we know about or remasters/remakes/ports. No way we're getting anything Metroid unless it's a Prime trilogy re-release as MP4 is a couple of years away and obviously on Switch Pro which they won't show.

Time for adventure
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:08 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:Smash reveals are always good value for these. Not sure if they'll open and close with the last 2 or open with one and save the last for another time.

There will maybe be one new game for Christmas this year, new BOTW2 footage and everything else will be crap we know about or remasters/remakes/ports. No way we're getting anything Metroid unless it's a Prime trilogy re-release as MP4 is a couple of years away and obviously on Switch Pro which they won't show.

If they're doing something Metroid, I think a new 2D Metroid is a lot more likely than a Prime Trilogy re-release.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:11 pm

Parksey wrote:If they use up 5-10 mins of the direct (a good 10-20a% of the total run time) on a bloody Smash Bros character reveal I'll be so livid I'll do absolutely nothing except post my anger to a bunch of strangers on the internet.

:lol:

Winckle
Technician
Joined in 2008

by Winckle » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:13 pm

Looking forward to the following:
* Smash Bros DLC
* Hours of identikit JRPG nonsense
* a reminder that there may possibly be a new Zelda game, maybe.

* some amiibo/hardware tat

That's your lot.

We should migrate GRcade to Flarum. :toot:
Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008

by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Tomous wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Smash reveals are always good value for these. Not sure if they'll open and close with the last 2 or open with one and save the last for another time.

If they're doing something Metroid, I think a new 2D Metroid is a lot more likely than a Prime Trilogy re-release.

Then you're deluded.

Time for adventure
That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:16 pm

There was talk that ports are very unlikely due to the amount of work to sort out the control scheme, wasn't there?

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008

by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:21 pm

That's not a growth wrote:There was talk that ports are very unlikely due to the amount of work to sort out the control scheme, wasn't there?

They said the same thing about Skyward Sword. It's just one of those nonsense Nintendo excuses they trot out when the real reason is money, like 'we don't have any new ideas right now' or 'we thought it would be fun to fill the character roster with Toads'. I don't think we'll get anything Metroid tbh and I'm not saying the Prime trilogy re-release is a thing but I just think it's way more likely than seeing MP4 or another new Metroid.

Time for adventure
Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:24 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:
Tomous wrote:

Then you're deluded.

Why? Samus Returns came out in 2017. Entirely possible Nintendo are working with them on a Switch 2D Metroid.

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:30 pm

Final BOTW2 title predictions before we hopefully get a reveal? I'm sticking with "Heart of Ruin" but will also throw out "Depths of the Kingdom".

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:31 pm

I'm going for Breath of the Wild 2: The Sequel to Breath of the Wild

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:33 pm

DarkRula wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:

Banjo-Kazooie in Smash was a legendary one. Too bad it was obvious considering they repeated the same format from K. Rool's reveal, but still...

that was glorious

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Ruined Kingdom

Or

Dark kingdom

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:39 pm

Curse of the Wilds
Calamity gone Wild

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008

by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Tomous wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:
Tomous wrote:

Then you're deluded.

Why? Samus Returns came out in 2017. Entirely possible Nintendo are working with them on a Switch 2D Metroid.

They haven’t released a new 2D Metroid in 20 years and money for old rope is basically their mission statement.

Time for adventure

Return to “Games”