The Last of Us II - 60 fps PS5 patch out now

Anything to do with games at all.
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

PostRe: The Last of Us II - 60 fps PS5 patch out now
by Buffalo » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:18 pm

I’d get into it, but just Google ‘does vinyl sound better’. In my opinion vinyl has a fuller, warmer sound - you hear more, feel more. But vinyl can degrade over time if mis-managed, yeah.

jawaX
Joined in 2021

by jawaX » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:40 pm

Buffalo wrote:...In my opinion vinyl has a fuller, warmer sound - you hear more, feel more...

I'd go along with that, Buff; "warmer" is the word I'd use, too. Technically CDs and digital music deliver higher quality but vinyl just has a slightly different sound. Whether that is "better" depends upon the listener!

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:23 am

Buffalo wrote:
Fade wrote:When people say Vinyl sounds amazing do they just mean they like the imperfections? Or am I missing something

You’re missing something, perhaps. However a lot of new vinyl releases are just the MP3’s, pretty much.
Older vinyl, played through a decent system? Unbeatable.

My parents had an old hifi and turntable combo that was probably from the late 70s, and mum had a couple of original pressing Beatles albums (Abbey road and Sgt pepper). When they used to go out I'd always put one of those on nice and loud. They sounded strawberry floating incredible :wub:

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 am

Ma mayne. My old man gave me carte blanche at his collection the other week, got some original Springsteen’s and a Queen record. Gonna be sweet.

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:56 am

Just finished this yeaterday after eons (thats having a baby for you) and I gave such mixed feelings.

My main one is simple. Its Metal Gear Solid 2 all over again. Nice ideas, weird plot, bizarre but somewhat welcome? switch of character.

I think people will appreciate this game more as the years pass, but am I hungry for a third game. Perhaps not.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:17 am

PlayStation Gear is now selling a 2 grand Last of Us branded guitar...

Designed and developed in close partnership between Naughty Dog and Taylor, this special edition Taylor 314ce is a direct replica of Ellie's guitar in The Last of Us Part II, complete with its distinctive rich tobacco sunburst top and a custom moth fretboard inlay in grained ivoroid. Built with solid sapele back and sides and a Sitka spruce top, this model produces a balanced voice across the tonal spectrum with a rich midrange and clear treble notes. The contours of Taylor’s Grand Auditorium body shape offer a comfortable playing experience and a versatile sound, while a slender, easy-playing neck accommodates players of all styles and skill levels. Taylor’s innovative V-Class™ interior bracing system punches up the tonal response with louder volume, longer sustain, and a perfectly in-tune sound all the way along the neck. Other details include a double-ring rosette, gloss-finish body, grained ivoroid binding, genuine West African ebony fretboard, nickel tuners, and faux tortoiseshell pickguard. This model also features a Venetian cutaway and Taylor’s Expression System™ 2 (ES2) electronics, and ships in a deluxe brown hard-shell case.

**Estimated to ship March 31st, 2022

***Non-refundable

£2,060.00

The Last of Us Part II Taylor Guitar GS Mini

Featuring Ellie's iconic tattoo on its mahogany top, this artfully designed Taylor GS Mini offers the vibrant tone and comfortably compact feel of one of Taylor’s most popular guitars in an aesthetic package that will inspire fans of The Last of Us Part II. The guitar’s scaled-down dimensions make this an ideal choice for anyone craving a couch or travel companion, or just an inspiring new musical tool. Back and sides of layered sapele together with a solid mahogany top produce a bold, resonant acoustic sound with impressive volume and projection. Designed in partnership between Naughty Dog and Taylor, the solid black top showcases custom imagery that echoes the culmination of Ellie’s journey in The Last of Us Part II. Finishing details include transparent black stain for the back, sides and neck, along with a custom peghead decal and interior label. This all-acoustic guitar includes a sturdy hard-shell gig bag with backpack straps for easy portability.

£630.00

https://gear.eu.playstation.com/Product ... _1%26p%3D2

Is £2,000 a good price for that type of guitar?

Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:24 am

Absolutely not.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:41 am

Jesus Christ :lol:

The quality guitar you could actually get for that money!

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:43 am

£2k :slol: :fp:

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Non refundable too :lol:

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:17 pm

Just strawberry floating work on the multiplayer you bunch of twats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:22 pm

Peter Crisp wrote:Just strawberry floating work on the multiplayer you bunch of twats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think the team working the MP have taken time out to design a guitar ;)

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Iconic tattoo

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:26 pm

Tomous wrote:
Peter Crisp wrote:Just strawberry floating work on the multiplayer you bunch of twats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't take time out if they don't exist!

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:28 pm

Jenuall wrote:
Tomous wrote:

Can't take time out if they don't exist!

:x
They better exist or I'm going to write s strongly worded letter to my MP.
That'll showem.

Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
KjGarly
Joined in 2008
AKA: TheArbiter

by KjGarly » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:27 pm

Sauces say if Peter Crispy purchases 2 of each of the Guitars they'll release the Mulitplayer mode :toot:

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:20 pm

Not sure how far I am into this but I've just taken over as Abby and we've left the stadium.

The WLF are the good guys in this aren't they? Realise I'm late to the discussion but Ellie is an absolute monster with no justification for killing everything in her way. Just done the bit with Abby and her dad and I feel very sympathetic to her character now.

Im loving the accessibility sliders on this. I've set it up so I'm getting more ammo and loot, invisible when prone, can send out echo location for items and have slow down when aiming. But the absolute best is what I call auto loot, where Ellie just grabs anything and everything without prompt. She looks like an octopus when you open a safe.

Great game. The attention to detail is astonishing. I didn't think I would see anything better than RDR2 in that regard but this takes it up another level. Only slight criticism would be it sometimes feels like a walking simulator - there are some quiet bits where you're obviously meant to be looting or looking for story items, I think some more puzzles or whatever would have been good.

Also I wish I could turn off the gore/violence. strawberry floating hell it's brutal. When Ellie kills Mel :dread: I was watching through my fingers it's horrible.

gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:51 pm

The merchandise in aid of "The Last Of Us" they've released has been well really poor. Basically just the logo banded on as many generic products as possible with a loose tie in. The Guitar is just another example.

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:58 pm

Dual wrote:...Im loving the accessibility sliders on this. I've set it up so I'm getting more ammo and loot, invisible when prone, can send out echo location for items and have slow down when aiming...

...The attention to detail is astonishing... Only slight criticism would be it sometimes feels like a walking simulator - there are some quiet bits where you're obviously meant to be looting or looking for story items, I think some more puzzles or whatever would have been good...

Theses aspects sound great and really draw me into making the purchase... it sounds right up my street.

Dual wrote:...Also I wish I could turn off the gore/violence. strawberry floating hell it's brutal... I was watching through my fingers it's horrible.

...but this aspect totally turns me off. I know that, for me, this factor would override all the good stuff above.

jiggles
Joined in 2008

by jiggles » Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:28 pm

The two most technically impressive things to me are the use of glass and ropes.

The fact the glass is just… glass really adds to the immersion. Rather than have the one or two “smashable” panes dotted around it all behaves the same. Throw a brick through it or shoot it and it smashes perfectly, but “punch” it with a brick or gun equipped and you’ll break it *with* the thing in your hand completely naturally and save your ammo. Whether it’s a room with a locked door, an alternative route, or even a vending machine with some supplies inside, it consistently reacts in a realistic and convincing manner, leading you to think of it as not a gameplay mechanic, but as just a real, tactile thing.

The rope tech is just insane. Unlike anything I’ve seen in any other game. Even the best physics based 2D games don’t get rope behaviour super accurate, where the ropes are only really convincing when pulled taut or behave like a chain with hidden links. This not only does it in a 3D space, with a player character accurately interacting with it when taut or slack, but it uses it in puzzles where the solution is literally down to thinking about it as if it were a real rope. It’s just totally next-level

Return to “Games”