Dark Souls Collection | Praise your Soulsborne stuff!

Anything to do with games at all.
jawa_
Joined in 2021

PostDark Souls Collection | Praise your Soulsborne stuff!
by jawa_ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:07 pm

Souls never die!

> The world of Dark Souls. Many of us have enjoyed (endured) the games and others in the Soulsborne series.

> This is a place where we can share our trinkets and charms that we've picked up along the journey.

> If you're a fan of the series, please do take a few snaps of your stuff and share them here. Jolly co-operation!

- - - - - - - - - -

^^^ Hello! I'm fairly new to the series, having started playing during the PS4 era. I've collected a few mementos along the way and I'd lke to have you cast your eyes over them!

^^^ In my collection I have (back row) the Bloodborne guide book, the Dark Souls guide book and the Dark Souls Compendium book. In the middle row I have my Switch version of Dark Souls and a metal image plate that I got with it. In the front row I have Souls I, II and III on PS4 - I just picked up the Trilogy set - and my copy of Demon's Souls for PS5.

^^^ I have four physical games in my collection. I also have digital versions of Souls I on Switch, Souls I, II and III on my PS4, and Bloodborne on my PS4.

^^^ These guides/reference books were published by FuturePress and they're lovely. I've not really looked at them beyond a few pictures, however, because I don't want to spoil my journeys through the adventures!

So, there we go! My collection isn't the biggest but I enjoy having these trinkets and I hope to add a disc copy of Elden Ring when it releases next month. I'd love to see items from your own Soulsborne games, too!

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Dark Souls Collection | Praise your Soulsborne stuff!
by Preezy » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:00 pm

I only own the digital version of DS Remastered so the only things I have to show both physically and mentally are the scars. So many scars :dread:

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm

Preezy wrote:...the only things I have to show both physically and mentally are the scars. So many scars :dread:

:lol: . Man, yeah, the results of playing Souls!

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:30 pm

Only very had the standard versions of all games apart from Demon Souls 2 which is the only one I haven’t played.

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Pedz
Twitch Team
Joined in 2009

by Pedz » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:42 pm

It's nice that you have that jawa, but maybe you should actually finish one, yeah?

:slol:

Yoshimi
Joined in 2008

by Yoshimi » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:46 pm

I have Dark Souls on PC, Switch, PS4.
Dark Souls 3 on PC and PS4.
Bloodborne on PS4.
Demon's Souls on PS5.
... and Elden Ring pre-ordered on PS5.

Finished them all, except Bloodborne (got stuck at Rom, the spider boss IIRC).
Gutted that my Demon's Souls save has a bug, when I've almost Platinumed it.

I'd love that compendium book. :shock:

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:59 pm

Rubix wrote:Only very had the standard versions of all games apart from Demon Souls 2 which is the only one I haven’t played.

Does your uncle work for From Software, Rubix? :shock: :D .

Pedz wrote:It's nice that you have that jawa, but maybe you should actually finish one, yeah?

:slol:

It's all about the journey, Pedz, not the ending :datass: :lol: .

Yoshimi wrote:...and Elden Ring pre-ordered on PS5...

Ah! A new challenge awaits!

Yoshimi wrote:...Gutted that my Demon's Souls save has a bug, when I've almost Platinumed it...

That's a shame, Yoshimi, and I recall reading your earlier post about it. IIRC, the "ring selection" inventory screen bugged out for you?

Yoshimi wrote:...I'd love that compendium book. :shock:

Yes, I bought it at launch and only just recently realised that it's quite sought after now :o .

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:00 pm

I love the series but have zero physical evidence of that fact!

Digital 4 Life yo! :datass:

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Jenuall wrote:...Digital 4 Life yo! :datass:

Jenuall, you are The Lawnmower Man 8-) .

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:04 pm

Have you got more copies of Dark Souls or Balan Wonderworld Jawa?

Joking aside it looks like you enjoy a bit of Dark Souls, I’ve always been put off with how hard they apparently are so I’m yet to play an actual Souls game! :)

site23
Joined in 2021

by site23 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:49 pm

I'm getting the special edition of Elden Ring so I'll post that when it arrives. :toot:

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:04 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:...it looks like you enjoy a bit of Dark Souls, I’ve always been put off with how hard they apparently are so I’m yet to play an actual Souls game! :)

Robbo, it may be worth giving it a go. Let's face it, if I can beat a few of the bosses then I suspect that nearly everyone could. It takes a little learning and a wee bit of determination!

site23 wrote:I'm getting the special edition of Elden Ring so I'll post that when it arrives. :toot:

:o . Wow, that sounds neat and I'm looking forward to seeing your share a few snaps, site :toot: .

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:09 pm

jawa_ wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:...it looks like you enjoy a bit of Dark Souls, I’ve always been put off with how hard they apparently are so I’m yet to play an actual Souls game! :)

Robbo, it may be worth giving it a go. Let's face it, if I can beat a few of the bosses then I suspect that nearly everyone could. It takes a little learning and a wee bit of determination!

I’ve nearly bought the Switch version a few times but always held off and gone for, I guess Souls-esque games like Hollow Knight and Death’s Door more recently which I’ve enjoyed both of them (a lot in some regards) but they’ve certainly been very frustrating games to play as well!

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 pm

jawa_ wrote:
Rubix wrote:Only very had the standard versions of all games apart from Demon Souls 2 which is the only one I haven’t played.

Does your uncle work for From Software, Rubix? :shock: :D

Secret is out :dread:

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Yoshimi
Joined in 2008

by Yoshimi » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:16 pm

I just discovered this beautiful artbook inspired by the Souls series. Maybe something to add to your collection Jawa? Ain't cheap though. £69 + shipping.

https://www.tuneandfairweather.com/products/soul-arts-presented-by-vaatividya

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:22 pm

Yoshimi wrote:I just discovered this beautiful artbook inspired by the Souls series. Maybe something to add to your collection Jawa? Ain't cheap though. £69 + shipping...

That does look to be a lovely book, Yoshimi, with some excellent artwork! Eighty-odd quid is a bit rich for my blood right now but maybe in the future. Thanks for the heads-up :-).

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:24 pm

Jawa, just think how many times you could read the first chapter only, then start it again!

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:27 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:Jawa, just think how many times you could read the first chapter only, then start it again!

Re-living the experience :datass: . I was thinking that if I get back into Souls I, I will need to re-start to pick-up the controls and get into the movement timings. I won't mind as the opening stages are so good.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:53 pm

Are those art guide / reference books you've got Official Jawa. I'd really like something like that for Sekiro. VaatiVidya in book form would be delightful.

The Zelda BotW Creating a Champion book is the only kind of thing like that I have and I absolutely adore it. Would like something in the same vein for Resident Evil or Sekiro.

Time for adventure
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Wed Jan 26, 2022 7:52 am

Captain Kinopio wrote:Are those art guide / reference books you've got Official Jawa. I'd really like something like that for Sekiro. VaatiVidya in book form would be delightful...

Yeah, they're official, CK, and published by Future Press - not the UK based Future but a German company. They're of excellent quality in both design and print/binding. The. Compendium is probably one that'd suit your desire for a reference-type guide; it's not a walkthrough of the games but more about the game world as a whole. Seemingly it had a pretty low print run and is tough to get now, though. Hopefully it'll get a fresh print run at some point.

Return to “Games”