Joined in 2008

PostRe: Club +35
by Rubix » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:09 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:/whisper @Rubix

A/S/L

Now you’re talking my language. Let’s not forget MySpace, poor Tom

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Imrahil
Joined in 2013

by Imrahil » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:29 pm

I'm in my mid-40s and my relationship with gaming has definitely shifted in recent years, feel like I've moved into a different phase.

I don't have kids so still have the same amount of excess time to spend gaming, but my enthusiasm and wide-eyed wonder towards new games began to diminish quite a long time ago. And that's not to say I think I've 'grown out' of gaming; I don't like that phrase because it implies there's something fundamentally child-like or adolescent about it, which I don't think is true.

But I don't really like where AAA gaming has gone over the last 10 years or so. I'm getting more and more disconnected from a hobby that used to be much more grounded than it is now.

I find myself re-playing older PC games that I loved from a decade or two back. Plus current games which are smaller in scope.

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:31 pm

40 here, single, no commitments at all as my disability prevents me from doing pretty much anything more than using my right hand to (barely) move a mouse cursor.

While I've had to change my gaming habits to slower paced and less physically demanding genres, I still game nearly every single day as it helps me to maintain the use of my hand (my muscles are susceptible to atrophying if underused) and greatly helps my mental wellbeing.

False
COOL DUDE
Joined in 2008

by False » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:57 pm

Buffalo wrote:37 here. The only recent gaming injury I can think of is that I was getting this bizarre pain in my right index finger, if I tried to extend or retract it. Turns out it was because I was caning Spider-Man games, and you have to press and hold the right trigger to web swing!

bro

i got nfs underground 2 for christmas when that came out and played it so much that by the time i went back to school i physically couldnt straighten my right index

controller madness

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:05 pm

Rax wrote:37, no health issues from gaming, eye still still perfect, no carpal tunnel or anything. My eldest is 5, my youngest is 3, we play Disneyland Adventures or Mario Kart from time to time, my wife isnt a gamer though so she tries to limit how much gaming the kids do. Im not pushing them to play games much, I want them to get into it their own way but they both know and love Mario so Im doing sometsihng right!

:shock:

What about the other one?

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:14 pm

I'm in the +35 club, and i'm not happy about it. :(

I just don't have the time to play games as much as i used to though.

Rax
Joined in 2008
AKA: Raxicori

by Rax » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:16 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Rax wrote:37, no health issues from gaming, eye still still perfect, no carpal tunnel or anything. My eldest is 5, my youngest is 3, we play Disneyland Adventures or Mario Kart from time to time, my wife isnt a gamer though so she tries to limit how much gaming the kids do. Im not pushing them to play games much, I want them to get into it their own way but they both know and love Mario so Im doing sometsihng right!

:shock:

What about the other one?

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:16 pm

Nice

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:21 pm

I was going to make a cyclops joke, but with my track record for putting my foot in it, it would have turned out you actually only have one eye.

poshrule_uk
Joined in 2008

by poshrule_uk » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:28 pm

I'm 38 and game less but I have no children.
I just have other hobies to occupy my time. Gaming is not my main hobby anymore.
I will always game and my tastes have changed and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

satriales
Joined in 2008

by satriales » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:33 pm

Joining the 37 club in 10 days.
No children but still don't have as much time for games these days. I sold the PS4 a few years back and then didn't game for a while outside of the very occasionally PC game. Now I have a PS5 and trying to catch up on games I've missed.

It's hard to fit in a long session, usually I'll play for an hour in the evening if I can. My fiancee isn't into computer games, so if we are both home then I'm more likely to watch TV or a film that we both can enjoy.

Rubix
Joined in 2008

by Rubix » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:38 pm

poshrule_uk wrote:I'm 38 and game less but I have no children.
I just have other hobies to occupy my time. Gaming is not my main hobby anymore.
I will always game and my tastes have changed and I'm sure they will continue to do so.

I would say that’s the same for me, while gaming was never my main hobby it used to be up there, now it’s dropped down to about 4th of the things I do.

PLAY | Persona 3 Reloaded [3h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S3, HiJack S1, Red Dwarf S4, Dexter S2
RACE | Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept), Cardiff Half (Oct)
Yoshimi
Joined in 2008

by Yoshimi » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:22 pm

I'm 46 *shudders*, and have a 18 year old daughter and 15 year old son.

My daughter went off gaming for a few years, but after going off to Uni and sharing a flat with some gamers, she's back into them. We got her a Switch Lite for her birthday, and she bought a 2nd hand PS4 Pro with some Christmas money. She loves Uncharted 4 especially, and has completed it around 10 times.

My son is into gaming too, although he seems to watch Minecraft Youtubers more than actually play games himself. Loved Animal Crossing though.

poshrule_uk
Joined in 2008

by poshrule_uk » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:42 pm

Rubix wrote:
poshrule_uk wrote:I'm 38 and game less but I have no children.

I would say that’s the same for me, while gaming was never my main hobby it used to be up there, now it’s dropped down to about 4th of the things I do.

Running has taken over my life. Don't have time to raise any kids :D

Preezy
Skeletor
Joined in 2009

by Preezy » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:04 pm

36 here with 2 young kids so my gaming is restricted to playing Football Manager on my Switch during the week (usually at my desk as I "work" from home) and on a Friday or Saturday night (or both if I'm lucky) I'll manage to get a couple of hours in on the PS5.

I used to be able to stay up really late most nights playing games once the wife was asleep, but now I have the creeping dread that I should really be getting to bed as I know the kids will be up at stupid o'clock the next morning and I'll regret not having a decent amount of sleep. The struggle is real.

Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:20 am

Preezy wrote:36 here with 2 young kids so my gaming is restricted to playing Football Manager on my Switch during the week (usually at my desk as I "work" from home) and on a Friday or Saturday night (or both if I'm lucky) I'll manage to get a couple of hours in on the PS5.

I used to be able to stay up really late most nights playing games once the wife was asleep, but now I have the creeping dread that I should really be getting to bed as I know the kids will be up at stupid o'clock the next morning and I'll regret not having a decent amount of sleep. The struggle is real.

I feel seen.

RichardUK
Purchased simply because it's an Apple product
Joined in 2015

by RichardUK » Fri Jan 28, 2022 1:29 am

I’m 37, no children, I tend to play for around one - two hours a day mainly command and conquer on my MacBook, my main console is the PS5 but I have not been on it in a couple of months as I have lost interest in it but if a game comes out that I really want to play (last one was AC Valhalla) then it would be a couple of hours most evenings

'Put on a proper suit, do up your tie and sing the national anthem'
instagram - richardbatesuk
kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:50 am

rinks wrote:I was going to make a cyclops joke, but with my track record for putting my foot in it, it would have turned out you actually only have one eye.

I had pretty much the same fear straight after posting it tbh.

Political correctness gone mad......

Mommy Christmas
Multiball!
Joined in 2009

by Mommy Christmas » Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:59 am

Our youngest regular member must be in their late 20s, surely?

:dread:
floydfreak
Joined in 2008

by floydfreak » Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:00 am

I'm 35-36 next week

But i still game but with working i don't play as much as i used too when i was growing up and in my teens back then i could play for hours non-stop on a game. Nowadays when i do play a game its between 30-45 mins max before i have had enough. I don't have children but gaming has taken a sideline as i have got older as i have other interest's and other things to do in my spare time and day's off. No health issues due too gaming i wear glasses but started wearing them when i was in primary school

Return to “Games”