Kirby & The Forgotten Land | NSW | Out now! Time to get a mouthful of Kirby!

Anything to do with games at all.
shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

PostRe: Kirby & The Forgotten Land | NSW | Out now! Time to get a mouthful of Kirby!
by shy guy 64 » Wed May 04, 2022 2:15 pm

Jezo wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Jezo wrote:Triple Deluxe and Robobot on 3DS are great. Definitely pick them up. Star Allies on Switch is not. The main game is redundantly easy because of the CPU allies helping you at every turn, and takes about 5 hours to 100% it. I've heard the post-game got better when they finished adding free content via updates, but Idk, maybe worth getting if you can find it reeeally cheap.

If you have Switch online, check out Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby Superstar in the SNES package too!

youre complaining about a game aimed at kids being to easy?

Most games are aimed at kids, and most games aren't as braindead as Star Allies.

Pfft baby

Barnsy!
Joined in 2019

PostRe: Kirby & The Forgotten Land | NSW | Out now! Time to get a mouthful of Kirby!
by Barnsy! » Wed May 04, 2022 3:33 pm

Jezo wrote:
Barnsy! wrote:
shy guy 64 wrote:
Barnsy! wrote:I 100%-ed this. :D :datass: :toot:

This was my first Kirby game. Really was a lovely experience :wub:

glad that your first experience with it was positive

Loved it! Did I read somewhere that you've played a few Kirby games? Any others worth playing? Is the other Switch game good? I have a Switch, 3DS and Wii U :D

Triple Deluxe and Robobot on 3DS are great. Definitely pick them up. Star Allies on Switch is not. The main game is redundantly easy because of the CPU allies helping you at every turn, and takes about 5 hours to 100% it. I've heard the post-game got better when they finished adding free content via updates, but Idk, maybe worth getting if you can find it reeeally cheap.

If you have Switch online, check out Kirby's Dreamland 3 and Kirby Superstar in the SNES package too!

Thanks Jezo and Shyguy - I will defo have a look at the 3DS games and the Snes one. I think I'll give Star Allies a swerve for now; I don't need platformers super-hard but want a little bit of a challenge.

Cheers :D

Cyburn2
Joined in 2008

by Cyburn2 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:51 pm

Jezo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Jezo wrote:I swear this always happens, I blitz through a game no problem and then there's always like one or 2 things that just have me stumped. I CANNOT FIND IT. Can you guess which one it is? 8^)

I can't guess but I definitely want to know :lol:

It was the Battle of Blizzard Bridge level in the ice world - Take a detour and find a Maxim Tomato. I generally found the waddle dee tasks were in the order of progressing through the level. So being the last one and spending an hour scouring the level after the twin frostys, felt a bit silly to find it's in the beginning area (which you can't go back to once you're on the bridge), but hey ho, got there in the end!

Seems like I've finished absolutely everything except 2 figures which appear to be special ones. No idea what the requirements are, but I assume they're the last 2 things to do since I'm sitting at 98%.

That Defeat two Mr Frosty challenge without getting hit is a pain in the arse.

Tsunade
Joined in 2018

by Tsunade » Sat May 14, 2022 6:47 pm

Cyburn2 wrote:
Jezo wrote:
OrangeRKN wrote:
Jezo wrote:I swear this always happens, I blitz through a game no problem and then there's always like one or 2 things that just have me stumped. I CANNOT FIND IT. Can you guess which one it is? 8^)

I can't guess but I definitely want to know :lol:

It was the Battle of Blizzard Bridge level in the ice world - Take a detour and find a Maxim Tomato. I generally found the waddle dee tasks were in the order of progressing through the level. So being the last one and spending an hour scouring the level after the twin frostys, felt a bit silly to find it's in the beginning area (which you can't go back to once you're on the bridge), but hey ho, got there in the end!

Seems like I've finished absolutely everything except 2 figures which appear to be special ones. No idea what the requirements are, but I assume they're the last 2 things to do since I'm sitting at 98%.

That Defeat two Mr Frosty challenge without getting hit is a pain in the arse.

You can say that again, but I found that defeating Sillydillo without taking damagewas harder!

Last few waddle dees to find and then I've got some cranking to do!

Jezo
Joined in 2015
AKA: Jezo

by Jezo » Sat May 14, 2022 7:53 pm

Just use ice lmao

Tsunade
Joined in 2018

by Tsunade » Sat May 14, 2022 9:28 pm

Jezo wrote:Just use ice lmao

I used ranger in the end, and learned to dodge :lol:

Return to “Games”