Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)

Anything to do with games at all.
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread Six(ty Four)
by Tomous » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:42 pm

Robbo-92 wrote:
Jenuall wrote:Is TP/WW actually coming out or is that just speculation?

I think it’s just pure speculation, I’ve not gone looking for any rumours about them but they feel like they’re going to come at some point purely as they were on the Wii U and Wii U to Switch ports have done fantastically well in the past, so it does make sense for these to make the transition too. When? Anyones guess.

Surely you're not suggesting a double pack over 2 full priced ports? Have you met Nintendo?

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:53 pm

Tomous wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:

I think it’s just pure speculation, I’ve not gone looking for any rumours about them but they feel like they’re going to come at some point purely as they were on the Wii U and Wii U to Switch ports have done fantastically well in the past, so it does make sense for these to make the transition too. When? Anyones guess.

Surely you're not suggesting a double pack over 2 full priced ports? Have you met Nintendo?

It’d 100% be separate ports, maybe an optional double pack where you might save £10 over buying them separately at most.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:12 pm

They’ve been rumoured in the past plus Nintendo have released a Zelda game every year since 2013 so without BOTW this year a WW/TP HD would be a good, quick release for them. That plus they like a Wii U port :lol:

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:53 pm

With BOTW2 delayed to 2023, porting those remakes for this Christmas period does make a lot of sense.

I think a lot of time with these ports Nintendo bang them out in 6 months then sit on them until they have a gap that needs filling in the release schedule. Wouldn't be surprised if both were already ported and ready to go.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:23 pm

Metroid Prime remaster is a dead cert, Jeff Grubb took unusual step saying he thinks it’s coming ‘this holiday’ which will push back WW and Twilight I reckon.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:27 pm

I sincerely hope the Prime remaster is a head-to-toe remaster, texture by texture, not what Sunshine and SM64 got.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:29 pm

I'm not sure when WW and TP will come out if its not this year because they wont be 2023 releases with BOTW2 coming.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:29 pm

Drumstick wrote:I sincerely hope the Prime remaster is a head-to-toe remaster, texture by texture, not what Sunshine and SM64 got.

Full remake is the rumour, fwiw

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:02 pm

Nintendo tend to avoid the "full on remake" approach these days so it would be a nice surprise if they did give us something fully rebuilt.

That said, upscaled Prime still looks surprisingly nice so if that's all we get it won't be a disaster IMO

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:32 pm

anyone else get three hopes? its very enjoyable gameplay wise but the story feels horrible. at least compare to its three houses counterpart. maybe that's just the case for golden deers but still

maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't feel like they just flipped the story. playing through golden deers in the main series was simple enough, we were just fighting off the invaders. but now we're siding with the invaders? with a message that sounds like: the best way to end war is to give the aggressor what they want and maybe do it for them. between killing jeralt and saving bernie's dad i feel like I'm helping mary tudor massacre people. i knew KT were a bunch of edlegard fanboys but this story feels very off especially as everybody is meant to be the same as they were in the main game but are now acting very differently.

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:45 pm

It sounds like Rebellion have delivered another great port for Switch; Zombie Army 4 looks to run very well.

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:33 pm

shy guy 64 wrote:anyone else get three hopes? its very enjoyable gameplay wise but the story feels horrible. at least compare to its three houses counterpart. maybe that's just the case for golden deers but still

maybe it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't feel like they just flipped the story. playing through golden deers in the main series was simple enough, we were just fighting off the invaders. but now we're siding with the invaders? with a message that sounds like: the best way to end war is to give the aggressor what they want and maybe do it for them. between killing jeralt and saving bernie's dad i feel like I'm helping mary tudor massacre people. i knew KT were a bunch of edlegard fanboys but this story feels very off especially as everybody is meant to be the same as they were in the main game but are now acting very differently.

and another thing

the building up with the fight with byleth was just anti climatic. just shows up randomly during one mission and then we kill him and sothis with less ceremony than grabbing a flagpole in smb.

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
kerr9000
Joined in 2013

by kerr9000 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:51 pm

jawa_ wrote:

It sounds like Rebellion have delivered another great port for Switch; Zombie Army 4 looks to run very well.

I wouldn't get it as I have played the heck out of it on Xbox, but for those who have not played it to death if its as good a port as it sounds id give this game a solid thumbs up

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:49 pm

RE: Metroid Prime remake/remaster, it’s been compared with Xenoblade Definitive Edition in terms of how it’s been modernised so that should be a decent effort.

I can imagine those WW HD/TP HD Switch ports have been done for ages, all the work modernising them was done back in the Wii U days so it’s just a straight port.

Fisher
Joined in 2018

by Fisher » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:57 pm

shyguy64 did a villager come to your campsite in animal crossing new horizons today.

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:47 am

Wind Waker, Twilight Princes and Metroid Prime have been spoken of for so long now (at least four years?) that I think I'd be hugely disappointed if they arrived as anything less than complete remakes. Basic remasters/ports would have me struggling to think that they're worth forty or fifty quid each and I'd stick with the Wii U / Wii versions.

Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:45 am

If WW/TP appear they are definitely not going to be full remakes. Not when Wii U versions exist. I will not be buying them.

Metroid Prime is one of my top five games ever and I'm rebuying that whatever it looks like. :oops:

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:52 am

Fisher wrote:shyguy64 did a villager come to your campsite in animal crossing new horizons today.

nope

Ploiper
Joined in 2018

by Ploiper » Sun Jul 03, 2022 1:37 pm

somewhat annoyingly, Portal 2 keeps crashing now when it loads up, seems to be happening with others to. Portal still works fine and dandy though.

:toot: :toot: :toot:
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:02 pm

What other games have been ported to both wiiu and switch?

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235

Return to “Games”