PlayStation 5 [CHAT II] | PS5 | Vermi will soon have Infinite Wealth

Anything to do with games at all.
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: PlayStation 5 Chat Thread II | PS5 | GRcadians are buying a Forbidden game
by Moggy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:49 am

ITSMILNER wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Moggy wrote:How much is a second hand PS5 (digital edition) worth? I barely ever switch mine on and figure I should sell it.

If you go by CEX they sell them for between £340-360 depending on condition.

Not for a digital, their website claims it's £144 for credit and only £93 for cash

https://uk.webuy.com/product-detail?id= ... position=4

Looks like the increase in availability is starting to push the second hand market down (though they still pay high on a boxed non digital PS5).

I mean how much they sell them for, you should be able to get there or thereabouts if sold privately I would have thought, better than what they would give you for one for sure.

Cheers.

strawberry float selling to CEX. I might ask around friends and see if anybody wants one for £250ish.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

PostRe: PlayStation 5 Chat Thread II | PS5 | GRcadians are buying a Forbidden game
by Rex Kramer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:50 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Moggy wrote:How much is a second hand PS5 (digital edition) worth? I barely ever switch mine on and figure I should sell it.

Not for a digital, their website claims it's £144 for credit and only £93 for cash

Looks like the increase in availability is starting to push the second hand market down (though they still pay high on a boxed non digital PS5).

Which begs the question, how much for the box?

£28, unboxed is £382.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:50 am

Moggy wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:

I mean how much they sell them for, you should be able to get there or thereabouts if sold privately I would have thought, better than what they would give you for one for sure.

Cheers.

strawberry float selling to CEX. I might ask around friends and see if anybody wants one for £250ish.

If we weren't on the verge of a cost-of-living crisis then I'd bite your hand off for that (but then I guess you wouldn't be selling either).

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:53 am

It does seem to point towards the PS5 digitals holding their value less than the disc-based machines though. I wonder if they'll get quietly canned in the future.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:13 am

Rex Kramer wrote:
Moggy wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:

Cheers.

If we weren't on the verge of a cost-of-living crisis then I'd bite your hand off for that (but then I guess you wouldn't be selling either).

Weird thing with the cost of living being so bad is that £250 doesn't really sound like much money anymore. Soon it'll be half a month's electric bill. :cry:

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:22 am

What kills the digital edition is how much the games cost on the PSN store, you are locked into paying extortionate Sony prices which basically means the saving you made on the console is meaningless.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:27 am

ITSMILNER wrote:What kills the digital edition is how much the games cost on the PSN store, you are locked into paying extortionate Sony prices which basically means the saving you made on the console is meaningless.

And yet digital sales of games have exceeded physical ones (at least for Sony) for the last 2 years.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/120 ... downloads/

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:34 am

KK wrote:Is it just me or are Sony suddenly allowing an awful lot of shovelware onto the PS Store recently? It's turned into a facsimile of a mobile App Store. Why are Sony granting a publishing license for this rubbish, tbh. A lot of these games don't even look up to the standard of those budget/'education' titles that plagued PS1/2 in their dotage.

Yeah, the Store is awash with pretty crappy games now. I believe a current "big thing" is to make a terrible game that allows you to get gold and platinum trophies with just a single button press :fp: . Funnily enough, Sony has just updated how the Store lists titles so that these daft ones aren't at the top of the "new games" list.

I think it's a common problem; the Nintendo eShop has tons of terrible mobile-ish games and Steam has struggled from copy-and-paste games in recent years. I assume that the Xbox Store is the same; that had a ridiculous "God of War" character game on it a week or two back before it was removed.

Last edited by jawa_ on Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:39 am

The PlayStation Store has some great deals for older games but new game prices are, of course, often ridiculous. It's tougher to buy physical versions now as so few shops sell them; over the past decade, I reckon that 99% of my physical game purchases have been from an online retailer. I can recall buying one Wii U game second-hand from GAME... and I did pick up Darksiders on Switch from there, too... but that's about it!

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:17 am

Seeing Inscryption at £14.50 (or £16.00 for non PS+ members) made me think that not all is bad in the world of Sony. I don't expect that feeling to last though.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:19 am

Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:What kills the digital edition is how much the games cost on the PSN store, you are locked into paying extortionate Sony prices which basically means the saving you made on the console is meaningless.

And yet digital sales of games have exceeded physical ones (at least for Sony) for the last 2 years.

Do we have the numbers on how many PS5 Digital consoles were sold to date? See how the numbers tally up.

Saint of Killers
Joined in 2008

by Saint of Killers » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:36 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:

:lol: That has got to be a mistake.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:48 pm

Saint of Killers wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:

:lol: That has got to be a mistake.

I'm guessing they've got loads of them as people traded them in above cost when prices were high.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:51 pm

That plus they can’t sell any pre-owned games to go with the console, they probably don’t really want them so will give a shite price for them :lol:

They are still selling the disc console for well above RRP it seems

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:47 pm

Exactly. Selling digital only consoles doesn't really benefit them at all because they're basically saying "bye forever" to whoever they sell it too. Because it's not like they even sell wallet top ups.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:40 am

Does anyone still fire up Astro’s Playroom from time to time just to have a muck about? I do, still puts a smile on my face :wub:

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:54 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Does anyone still fire up Astro’s Playroom from time to time just to have a muck about? I do, still puts a smile on my face :wub:

Disgustingly, I've still not played much of it, Milner. What I did try was lovely and heartening... although I think it did have a lower impact on me as Astro on PSVR was (is) just incredible.

But, hey, you can never have too much Astro Bot!

Sprouty
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by Sprouty » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 pm

I haven't returned to Astro Bot, but it was my first and only PS5 Platinum. Quality game!

The silly neighbourhood vegetable.
gaminglegend
Joined in 2008

by gaminglegend » Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:27 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:

Do we have the numbers on how many PS5 Digital consoles were sold to date? See how the numbers tally up.

I have to admit the prices are ridiculous but since getting my physical PS5 and PS Plus I’ve only really brought digital games (and old PS4 games in sales)

But some of that is more about a lack of games in general and the cost I suppose.

But physical is a no brainer for me- newer games physical are cheaper than digital and I can still use my PS4 games

Check out the GRCADE Beer Money Thread - Free shares & Bank Switch Offers £££! :msgreen:
https://grcade.co.uk/t:the-making-beer-money-thread
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:01 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:Does anyone still fire up Astro’s Playroom from time to time just to have a muck about? I do, still puts a smile on my face :wub:

I deleted it off my hard drive once I completed it because I have a cold, black heart.

Return to “Games”