Nintendo Switch Chat Thread - Eight It Time For Somethin' New?

Anything to do with games at all.
Herdanos
Go for it, Danmon!
Joined in 2008
AKA: lol don't ask

PostRe: Nintendo Switch Chat Thread - Eight It Time For Somethin' New?
by Herdanos » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:26 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:

twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1780586932184944931

Spiritfarer is under six quid, I'd urge anyone who hasn't already played it to bite at that price.

Generating Real Conversations About Digital Entertainment
Curls
Joined in 2008

by Curls » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:31 pm

Hi Guys, I'm in the market for a new switch, one I'm considering buying has games downloaded onto it.

Thing is...I'd want to log on with my account and download the games I've bought and download them onto it. Is that possible or will they be tracked to two different accounts and not be able to be moved? :)

(i.e can i keep their games....but also get back my old games?)

Thanks!

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:52 pm

well the highlight of that indie presentation was when that dog was on screen. can't remember what the people were saying though.

what exactly was europa's gameplay loop?

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
dmin
Joined in 2010

by dmin » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:08 pm

Little Kitty Big City aka Untitled Cat Game. Will def be picking this up, my son has ordered me to get it!

Europa, Schim and Teenage Mutant Ninja Hades I'll be keeping an eye on.

Fisher
Joined in 2018

by Fisher » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:59 pm

i may play vampire survivors tomorrow.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:56 am

The recently released Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy game is reduced in the sale by a big 67% making it £13.19 rather than the usual £39.98. Considering it only just released in January that’s quite a steep drop for its first sale.

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/apollo-justice-ace-attorney-trilogy

Last edited by ITSMILNER on Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:42 am

That's a great price. I wanted to buy a physical import copy of this, but that price has me tempted.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:35 am

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:That's a great price. I wanted to buy a physical import copy of this, but that price has me tempted.

Same, I used gold coins and got it for £12.40 :datass: imagine if you paid the full £40 for it back in Jan :lol:

Another good bargain is Umurangi Generation Special Edition for £1.88, not sure how well this runs on Switch, Steam version is £1.66 as well (Including the DLC) but either way, great price!

deathofcows
Joined in 2009

by deathofcows » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:57 am

Wrt: Indie Presentation:

I thought AntonBlast looked great. So I downloaded the demo - seems great!

Also Schim looks cool.

Also Refind's idea of personality test as a game sounds interesting.

Also Cat Quest 3 looked pretty great too?!

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:04 am

No one else liked the look of that Laser Eyes game then? It's Simgo too, who did Device 6 and Sayonara Wild Hearts (the latter of which I did not enjoy but I know I am in a minority there).

I thought it looked fantastic.

deathofcows
Joined in 2009

by deathofcows » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:56 am

Oh yeah! Forgot that but deffo keen!

(was less keen on the stiff standing/walking animation but whatever Simogo stuff will always get my interest!)

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:07 pm

Curls wrote:Hi Guys, I'm in the market for a new switch, one I'm considering buying has games downloaded onto it.

Thing is...I'd want to log on with my account and download the games I've bought and download them onto it. Is that possible or will they be tracked to two different accounts and not be able to be moved? :)

Thanks!

I don’t think that’s possible, but someone here must have a better idea about it than me.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:13 pm

Curls wrote:Hi Guys, I'm in the market for a new switch, one I'm considering buying has games downloaded onto it.

Thanks!

I think you can only use the games if the account is set as the primary one, but you can only have one primary account logged in at anyone time so I don’t think what you want is possible sadly.

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:46 pm

ITSMILNER wrote:

Thanks!

I think you can only use the games if the account is set as the primary one, but you can only have one primary account logged in at anyone time so I don’t think what you want is possible sadly.

Yeah, that's right - games are linked to accounts, and accounts cannot be combined.

However, you can have more than one account on a single Switch console and, as long as the console is set as the primary console for both of the accounts, theoretically you may be able to use both sets of games on the console. The internet seems to have many differing opinions as to whether this works in practice!

Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:49 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:No one else liked the look of that Laser Eyes game then? It's Simgo too, who did Device 6 and Sayonara Wild Hearts (the latter of which I did not enjoy but I know I am in a minority there).

I thought it looked fantastic.

I keep forgetting that existed! Definitely picking that up because of its pedigree. Hoping that between that and Botany Manor it's going to be a good half-year for puzzling on Switch.

Little Kitty, Antonblast, SCHiM, and Europa (those vibes) all interested me, but the real day one pick here is Cat Quest 3. Cat Quest 2 was low-key one of the best local co-op experience I've had, so more of that is very welcome.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:40 pm

Bought stitch. and it's lovely stuff. A bit clunky using stick and buttons - it's clearly designed as a touchscreen game - so I guess I'll have to play this one mostly handheld.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:18 pm

(Cross-posting from the emulators thread, because I reckon it will be of interest here.)

Delta emulator is now available legitimately on the Apple App Store (free)! Emulates NES to N64, plus Mega Drive.

It's meant to be pretty polished, having been in development for years. The on-screen buttons change layout and appearance to match the system being emulated. It also supports Bluetooth controllers.

shy guy 64
Joined in 2018

by shy guy 64 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm

rinks wrote:Bought stitch. and it's lovely stuff. A bit clunky using stick and buttons - it's clearly designed as a touchscreen game - so I guess I'll have to play this one mostly handheld.

It did look somewhat interesting

Join me on Sam Radio, Tuesdays at 4pm and Wednesdays at 3pm https://samradio.org/listen-now/
jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:50 pm

Nintendo Life are wondering why Fallout 3 hasn't launched on Switch. Man, I've been wondering about a port to Wii U and Switch since 2012 :-(.

Fisher
Joined in 2018

by Fisher » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm

i may download demo tomorrow.

Return to “Games”