Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | CoD BLOPS 6 Direct to follow the showcase

Anything to do with games at all.
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | [REDACTED] Direct to follow the showcase
by Tomous » Mon May 13, 2024 3:17 pm

Those 3 would be a strong showing for sure.

more heat than light
Joined in 2008
AKA: mhtl

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | [REDACTED] Direct to follow the showcase
by more heat than light » Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 pm

If you like shooters.

I'm aware Perfect Dark might be a bit more than just a shooter, but you know what I mean. Don't @ me.

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:MHTL is an OG ledge
Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon May 13, 2024 3:48 pm

I do enjoy me a shooter, and...I'm a Gears stan also.

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Mon May 13, 2024 3:51 pm

I'd be interested to finally see Perfect Dark after all this time, CoD and Gears doesn't interest me in the slightest though.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Tue May 14, 2024 6:20 am

CoD doesn’t interest me either, I’m all in on Halo Infinite for my online FPS fun but… I’ll give this one a chance, doubt it’ll stick though, gun play in CoD doesn’t work with me for whatever reason, but neither did older Halo’s so things can change.

Battlefield was where I was best and that’s died.

Love Gears of War, finished them all bar Gears 4 and I thought Gears 5 was up with the series best.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Tue May 14, 2024 7:46 am

Gears 6, Collection and Tactics 2 would be a great set of reveals. I really hope Perfect Dark and Fable are in a good state to showcase as well, both have been in dev for a while.

Most interesting one for me though is South by Midnight, want to see what that ends up being.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

by Monkey Man » Thu May 23, 2024 8:58 am

What to expect from the Xbox Games Showcase 2024: A roadmap for the future, and big questions answered — but will you like the answers?

By Jez Corden

The Xbox Games Showcase for 2024 goes live on June 9, 2024. Here are our biggest predictions and expectations for this year's show.

The theme of this year's Xbox Games Showcase 2024 will be one of change. There will be some familiar beats — incredible looking games, sequels to beloved franchises, and revivals of some Xbox classics. But, a cloud remains over the overarching strategy, with Xbox publishing games more broadly than it ever has previously.

I've heard that Perfect Dark is shaping up nicely now — which is why I'd pin my hopes here for a more in-depth reveal among some of Xbox's more elusive titles.

Another title I'm incredibly eager to see is State of Decay 3, and it seems high time that we get a bigger glimpse at it on June 9.

However, I've heard via trusted sources that State of Decay 3 does look far more impressive than its predecessor, with more attention to visual presentation being a core pillar. In addition, State of Decay 3 will also lean more heavily into narrative elements to immerse you in the game's world. Your community in State of Decay 2 is your "main character," but their back stories rarely come into play while experiencing the game. State of Decay 3 will try to work individual community members backstories more viscerally into gameplay, to make their trials more impactful and immersive. Losing your favorite community member to the plague should be more of a gut punch in State of Decay 3 as a result.

There are some more obvious candidates too, given their launch windows. Avowed from Obsidian is almost certain to make an appearance, and I've heard the latest build looks a lot more impressive than its previous reveal. Southern-gothic action game South of Midnight could also get an official launch date, alongside co-op side-scrolling brawler Towerborne and 4X strategy title ARA: History Untold. There's also Flight Simulator 2024 to consider, and potential updates on some of Microsoft's service games like Sea of Thieves and Fallout 76. There are some potentially bigger, more headline-making games poised for a greater reveal as well.

But now, it might be time for The Coalition to step out of the shadows, with rumors abound that a Gears of War 6 reveal may be on the docket. There's also been some long-standing rumors that The Coalition has built a Halo: Master Chief-like collection of its previous games, comprising Gears of War 1 through 3, remastered with fresh visuals. If indeed the project is real, announcing it alongside a similarly theoretical Gears 6 teaser would be a welcome combo.

Perhaps we could also see some of Xbox's other pillar franchises, like Forza make a splash at the showcase too. It has been a while since we've had a new Forza Horizon title, perhaps partially owing to the development of Fable and the healthy concurrent player base on Forza Horizon 5. Speaking of which, could we see Fable appear here again? To guess, it may still be too early for a live demonstration, but we can't be too far off seeing that as well.

I previously noted that I've heard there are more Xbox-owned titles slated for multiplatform treatment in the near term. I think an obvious example that we could see go multiplatform, as in Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, would be the next DOOM.

Speaking of which, should we expect to see hardware teases at this show? In years past, Microsoft has generally not revealed hardware at its E3-season summer showcases. Perhaps the most you can expect is a vague tease, but we already have a picture of what the next Xbox looks like to some degree. It will be a device closer to Windows than ever, with Xbox CEO Phil Spencer teasing their desire to bring third-party Windows gaming stores like Epic to Xbox. How will the economics of that work? It remains to be seen, but I think it's unlikely we'll find out at this show.

The Starfield Shattered Space DLC expansion is undoubtedly going to get its debut, as Bethesda looks to fill in the gaps in its sci-fi RPG with ground vehicles and other much-wanted features. I suspect we'll also see Diablo 4's expansion, Vessel of Hatred, get some gameplay footage potentially. Since there's no Blizzcon this year, we could also get a glimpse of World of Warcraft: The War Within too, given that it's launching some time towards the end of the summer. We're also, of course, getting the Call of Duty Black Ops reveal, which is expected to be set during the Gulf War. Microsoft has also landed marketing deals for some major upcoming third-party titles too, with at least one gameplay debut that may bring solace to one weary fanbase.

There's also always the potential for total surprises too. I've heard about some nostalgic announcements that should chase away the blues for classic Xbox 360 RPG fans (MM - Blue Dagon?), Microsoft also has Killer Instinct developer Iron Galaxy back on board, working on the franchise again. Perhaps we see some other classic games revived, or a big new Activision-aligned backwards compatibility drop.

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/x ... he-answers

DarkRula
Joined in 2018

by DarkRula » Thu May 23, 2024 9:23 am

...and revivals of some Xbox classics.

There better be a new PGR or Midtown Madness or Hydro Thunder or...

There's also always the potential for total surprises too. I've heard about some nostalgic announcements that should chase away the blues for classic Xbox 360 RPG fans (MM - Blue Dagon?), Microsoft also has Killer Instinct developer Iron Galaxy back on board, working on the franchise again. Perhaps we see some other classic games revived, or a big new Activision-aligned backwards compatibility drop.

Oh. Well, I can live in hope.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu May 23, 2024 9:38 am

Blue Dragon? I NEED A LOST ODYSSEY REMAKE !

I reckon Banjo will be shown also, possibly a teaser trailer only.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | CoD BLOPS 6 Direct to follow the showcase
by Monkey Man » Thu May 23, 2024 9:41 pm

twitter.com/xbox/status/1793639436766605429

Shocking news.

Monkey Man
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Xbox Games Showcase | June 9th @ 6pm | CoD BLOPS 6 Direct to follow the showcase
by Monkey Man » Fri May 24, 2024 8:23 pm

twitter.com/insidergamingig/status/1794075871625597253

The game, which has been under the codename/placeholder title ‘Year Zero’ is understood to have the final name ‘DOOM: The Dark Ages’ and has been in development for at least four years.

Last year, I heard of early details of the next entry into the DOOM franchise, which was described to me as a ‘medieval inspired doom world’. While that doesn’t necessarily give much information to go on, ‘year zero’, ‘the dark ages’, and ‘medieval inspired’ starts to paint a vivid picture of where the series could be going next. Perhaps we’ll be taking more of an early look at the Doomslayer’s life during the medieval times? A prequel of sorts?

Last month, The Verge’s Tom Warren first teased that DOOM would be making its way to the Xbox Games Showcase, a rumor that we can now independently verify.

twitter.com/natethehate2/status/1794109253856161986

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Sat May 25, 2024 7:19 am

Nice :toot: always up for more DOOM from Microsoft

Interesting though that it sounds like Xbox will reveal this as a multi platform release at the showcase, could be other games that get the same treatment.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Mon May 27, 2024 9:46 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Nice :toot: always up for more DOOM from Microsoft

Interesting though that it sounds like Xbox will reveal this as a multi platform release at the showcase, could be other games that get the same treatment.

Gears collection is also going to PS5 apparently, PS5 version won't be announced at an Xbox Showcase though but maybe that will change?

Gamepass day 1 vs €70 is still a plus. :toot:

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Mon May 27, 2024 7:56 pm

Photek wrote:
ITSMILNER wrote:Nice :toot: always up for more DOOM from Microsoft

Gears collection is also going to PS5 apparently, PS5 version won't be announced at an Xbox Showcase though but maybe that will change?

Gamepass day 1 vs €70 is still a plus. :toot:

I could see them announcing multiplatform games here, not every game but some I can see being confirmed for other platforms. More akin to a publisher presentation than a platform holder.

Return to “Games”