Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door | NSW | Out now!

Anything to do with games at all.
Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door | NSW | MC 89 | Out Thursday!
by Tomous » Wed May 22, 2024 3:58 pm

My copy has been dispatched! Expecting it tomorrow, fingers crossed

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Wed May 22, 2024 3:58 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:This is the first game I have bought day 1 for a while. Is that the new day for big releases then?

Yeah seems a shift for Nintendo.

Much better because if your delivery does miss the Thursday you should still get it Friday ready for the weekend.

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Wed May 22, 2024 4:22 pm

kazanova_Frankenstein wrote:This is the first game I have bought day 1 for a while. Is that the new day for big releases then?

Yeah, as Tomous says, Thursday is the relase day for "big" Nintendo titles now. We had a thread to chat about the change, too :toot: .

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Wed May 22, 2024 4:24 pm

These seem pretty impressed! The upgraded visuals are amazing when they put comparisons up.

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Wed May 22, 2024 6:03 pm

Yeah, Thursday does seem more consumer friendly.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu May 23, 2024 8:50 am

Got a tracking number but the tracking number won’t show anything until Royal Fail attempt delivery :roll:

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Thu May 23, 2024 8:59 am

Had a text from DPD saying it'll be delivered between 3.30pm and 4.30pm so all goes to plan, will try and get a few hours in tonight!

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu May 23, 2024 9:33 am

Garzo is delivering between 11:30 and 12:30.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu May 23, 2024 9:36 am

I'll never EVER understand the need for physical media in this day and age when SD cards are cheap AF and Internet speeds are such that most games on switch take about 30 mins to download tops.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Thu May 23, 2024 9:54 am

Photek wrote:I'll never EVER understand the need for physical media in this day and age when SD cards are cheap AF and Internet speeds are such that most games on switch take about 30 mins to download tops.

Can be cheaper, holds resale value + some people prefer owning a physical collection. Lots of reasons.

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu May 23, 2024 9:57 am

Yep, I ordered the physical copy for under £37 whereas Nintendo eshop are charging £49.99 for it.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Thu May 23, 2024 10:11 am

ITSMILNER wrote:Yep, I ordered the physical copy for under £37 whereas Nintendo eshop are charging £49.99 for it.

Yup and digital copies for console games are only downloadable for as long as the store is online. It's not like Steam which has been going on for 20 years.

kazanova_Frankenstein
Joined in 2008

by kazanova_Frankenstein » Thu May 23, 2024 10:16 am

I like having a shelf of games.

It's like different people like and value different things.

Balladeer
Joined in 2018

by Balladeer » Thu May 23, 2024 10:18 am

Get out of town with your 'subjectivity' nonsense. :capnscotty:

Robbo-92
Joined in 2018
AKA: Robbo-92

by Robbo-92 » Thu May 23, 2024 10:22 am

Photek wrote:I'll never EVER understand the need for physical media in this day and age when SD cards are cheap AF and Internet speeds are such that most games on switch take about 30 mins to download tops.

I’ve said this before, but it’s Nintendo, a company who has in the past shown very little continuation when it comes to their digital purchases, often resetting digital purchases alongside a new console generation, if everything can be downloaded again on day one on the Switch 2, then I’ll have a little more confidence about buying digitally through Nintendo’s eshop, it’s not like I’m against digital purchases, but Nintendo haven’t excelled at them if I’m honest.

On the flip-side, I trust Microsoft (to a degree) that anything I’ve bought will be able to be downloaded for the foreseeable future.

Photek
Joined in 2008

by Photek » Thu May 23, 2024 10:25 am

Robbo-92 wrote:
Photek wrote:On the flip-side, I trust Microsoft (to a degree) that anything I’ve bought will be able to be downloaded for the foreseeable future.

MS at least talk about legacy issues with games and have now set up a dedicated team specifically for game preservation.

I do understand with Nintendo that in maybe 10-15 years I might not be able to play games, but, even though the Wii shops are closing or did close I can still play the games I downloaded and I can re-download them afaik. If they take that ability away then that would be annoying but.....games THAT old, if I REALLY want to play them ill 'yar' them.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Thu May 23, 2024 10:27 am

Robbo-92 wrote:

I’ve said this before, but it’s Nintendo, a company who has in the past shown very little continuation when it comes to their digital purchases, often resetting digital purchases alongside a new console generation, if everything can be downloaded again on day one on the Switch 2, then I’ll have a little more confidence about buying digitally through Nintendo’s eshop, it’s not like I’m against digital purchases, but Nintendo haven’t excelled at them if I’m honest.

On the flip-side, I trust Microsoft (to a degree) that anything I’ve bought will be able to be downloaded for the foreseeable future.

The transition to Switch 2 should be seamless, including the eShop. I agree from history we have no reason to place confidence in Nintendo that they will manage this but the Switch era does seem to have brought us a newer, modernised Nintendo in a lot of respects. We shall see I guess!

ITSMILNER
Joined in 2008

by ITSMILNER » Thu May 23, 2024 10:33 am

All Switch games will be playable on Switch 2*

*for a update fee of £10

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Thu May 23, 2024 10:40 am

Shopto has sent me the game, some stickers and several large sheets of paper with Mario on with instructions on how to make it a paper plane.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Thu May 23, 2024 10:49 am

Shopto often send stickers, I give them to my son to play with and he loves them :wub:

Return to “Games”