Your Top 20 Games of all time!

Anything to do with games at all.
Rubix
Joined in 2008

PostYour Top 20 Games of all time!
by Rubix » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:25 pm

Not had one of these in a while, I know mine has changed since I did it last. Feel free to add 30 if you wish.

Also try and put reasons down for your top 5.

I'll do mine soon. These are the old lists I stumbled upon

1. Xenoblade [Wii] New

Great Score, Fantastic to Look at and a storyline that doesn't get boring I was actually disappointed when I finished it and that was after 120+ of gameplay

My Review

2. Final Fantasy XII [PS2]

A lot of people will disagree with me placing this game so high and above VII too. My reason isnt anything to do with storyline but gameplay. XII had one of the best combat systems in any FF game and along with the first time random battles where taken away leaving you to see each enemy before you make contact. The score while not perfect was a new direction and I really enjoyed it, the Monster hunts were spot on, another game I played to death and easily passed the 100 hour mark. For me it felt like a single player MMO using a lot of idea's from FFXI which wasn't a bad thing. Also Sidequests were plentiful and enjoyable!

3. Uncharted 2 [PS3]

Clearly the best of the 3, just the start of the game alone told you from the off how good it was going to be. Add in a fantastic story and the Helicopter and Train stages and there is no question of its place in my top 5. Shame 3 couldn't come up with anything new.

My Review

4. Final Fantasy VII [PS1]

This was my favourite game for years and probably the game which I have played through the most (6 times I think). Loved the story, Love replaying for nostalgia and love the music. It's a shame Cait Sith was a playable character at one point in the game.
The only game that has made me shed a tear :shifty:

5. Zelda OOT [N64/3DS]

After the improved version on the 3DS (Yes Improved) There is no replacement for the way this game makes me feel while playing it. The 3DS version brings a new control method and improved graphics without spoiling the original game.

My Review

6. Kingdom Hearts [PS2]
7. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword [Wii] New
8. Metal Gear Solid 3 [PS2]
9. Tales of Symphonia [GC]
10. ICO [PS2/PS3]

11. Tales of Vespiera [X360]
12. Halo [Xbox]
13. Resident Evil Remake [Gamecube]
14. Metal Gear Solid [PS1]
15. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Multi]
16. Little Big Planet 2 [PS3] New
17. Shadow of the Colossus [PS2/PS3]
18. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep [PSP] New
19. Metal Gear Solid 4 [PS3]
20. Red Dead Redemption [Multi] New

1. Final Fantasy XII [PS2]
2. Uncharted 2 [PS3]
3. Final Fantasy VII [PS1]
4. Kingdom Hearts [PS2]
5. ICO [PS2]
6. Zelda OOT [N64]
7. Metal Gear Solid 3 [PS2]
8. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Multi]
9. Tales of Vespiera [X360]
10. Halo [Xbox]

11. Resident Evil 4 [Gamecube]
12. Resident Evil Remake [Gamecube]
13. Metal Gear Solid [PS1]
14. Final Fantasy VIII [PS1]
15. Shadow of the Colossus [PS2]
16. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core [PSP]
17. Oblivion [X360]
18. Metal Gear Solid 4 [PS3]
19. Skies of Arcadia [Gamecube]
20. Phoenix Wright [DS]

1. Final Fantasy XII [PS2]
2. Final Fantasy VII [PS1]
3. Kingdom Hearts [PS2]
4. ICO [PS2]
5. Zelda OOT [N64]
6. Metal Gear Solid 3 [PS2]
7. Tales of Vespiera [X360]
8. Halo [Xbox]
9. Resident Evil 4 [Gamecube]
10. Resident Evil Remake [Gamecube]

11. Metal Gear Solid [PS1]
12. Final Fantasy VIII [PS1]
13. Shadow of the Colossus [PS2]
14. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core [PSP]
15. Oblivion [X360]
16. Metal Gear Solid 4 [PS3]
17. Skies of Arcadia [Gamecube]
18. Phoenix Wright [DS]
19. Little Big Planet [PS3]
20. Kingdom Hearts 2 [PS2]

Last edited by Rubix on Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Do not pre order games from Amazon!
PLAY | Final Fantasy VII Rebirth [59h]
WATCH | Ted Lasso S2, HiJack S1
RACE | Rome Marathon (March), Chew Valley 10k (June), GNR (Sept)
Wedgie
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Your Top 20 Games of all time!
by Wedgie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:27 pm

Oh god. Oh GOD NO.

I often change my top 10 games let alone 20. :lol:

[01]The Legend of Zelda: Orcania Of Time (N64/3DS)
[02]Super Mario Galaxy 1&2 (Wii)
[03]Pokemon Series (GBC/GBA/DS)
[04]Metroid Prime (Gamecube)
[05]Resident Evil 4 (Gamecube/PS2/Wii/XBox 360)
[06]Half Life 2 (Xbox 360)
[07]The Legend of Zelda: Majoria's Mask (N64)
[08]Halo: Combat Evolved (Xbox)
[09]Skies of Arcadia: Legends (Dreamcast/Gamecube)
[10]Batman: Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360)

[11]Fire Emblem GBA Series (GBA)
[12]Metal Gear Solid 3: The Snake Eater (PS2/PS3)
[13]Shadow of the Colussus (PS2/PS3)
[14]Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2/Xbox/iPad)
[15]Ico (PS2)
[16]Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (PS1/Gamecube)
[17]Kingdom Hearts (PS2)
[18]Final Fantasy VII (PC/PS1)
[19]Resident Evil (PS1/Gamecube/DS)
[20]Phoenix Wright:Ace Attorney series (DS)

[21]Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (Gamecube)
[22]Gunstar Heroes (Mega Drive/Wii/Xbox 360)
[23]Streets of Rage 2 (Mega Drive/XBLA)
[24]Dead Rising series (XBox 360)
[25]Grandia II (Dreamcast/PS2)

Last edited by Wedgie on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Denster wrote:My phone messaged me yesterday after i'd encouraged him to download and play the RESi demo.

Super Intelligent Phones Are Here!!!! We are dooooomed!
NickSCFC

by NickSCFC » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:38 pm

1. Shenmue - The first game I played that really oozed atmosphere, I could be happy just doing nothing
2. Super Mario 64 - The first upcoming game I remember getting genuinely excited about
3. Virtua Fighter 3 - My most played fighting game of all time, in terms of balance and stage design it has yet to be surpassed
4. Resident Evil - For being completely unlike anything I'd played before, such a shame the genre/series has declined so much
5. Sega Rally - By far the best driving game created, handling, physics and course design second to none
6. Halo 2 - First game that got me into online gaming
7. Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - My first SEGA game, utterly addictive
8. NiGHTS into Dreams - Probably the most beautiful game ever
9. Tekken 2 - An odd choice, I just liked the soundtrack and had fond memories of it
10. Resident Evil 2 - For being almost as good as the original
11. Virtua Fighter 2 - :wub:
12. Metal Gear Solid - For convincing me to finally buy a PlayStation
13. PES 5 - FIFA 12 may be better, but it lacks that classic PES feel
14. Dynamite Headdy - Such an overlooked classic
15. Street Fighter II - Wasted childhood summers
16. Super Mario Bros 3 - My first ever videogame
17. Super Mario Kart - More wasted childhood summers
18. F-Zero GX - After Sega Rally this is the next racer that felt so right
19. Sonic the Hedgehog - For blowing me away
20. Soul Calibur - For being Virtua Fighter with swords

Nothing from this gen in my top 20, the past 6 years of gaming have been pretty dull for me :(

HSH28
Joined in 2008

by HSH28 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:15 pm

I think this is about right...

1. Civilization V
2. Super Mario Galaxy 2
3. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
4. Half Life 2
5. Super Monkey Ball
6. Company of Heroes
7. Rez HD
8. ICO
9. OutRun 2 (Xbox)
10. The Beatles: Rock Band
11. Batman Arkham Asylum
12. Resident Evil 4
13. Bayonetta
14. Shadow of the Colossus
15. Sensible World of Soccer
16. Halo 3 ODST
17. Ninja Gaiden (Xbox)
18. Deus Ex Human Revolution
19. PacMan CE DX
20. Metroid Prime

PuppetBoy
Joined in 2008

by PuppetBoy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:29 pm

No doubt subject to drastic change whenever I next look at it...

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) - I think Majora's Mask is a far more interesting game than Ocarina. It's the weird, twisted sibling of the Zelda family. The 'Groundhog Day' mechanic is one of the most interesting central ideas I've seen in a game. It allows for a relatively small area to become busier and 'realer' than any other in the series. Hyrule in OoT is actually very static, with the only alternate states of being at night or as a child or adult and most characters have little purpose other than to fill space. Termina, especially Clock Town, is dynamic. The characters have lives and don't just stay in one place indefinitely. And Link has a role to play in it, influencing other characters actions and guiding them on different set-paths through the three days. And it has a great nervous atmosphere throughout too. Simple touches help, like the music in Clock Town gradually speeding up over the three days before suddenly stopping completely on the last night, when everyone who can has fled.
2. Super Mario Galaxy & 2 (Wii)
3. Earthbound (SNES) - Earthbound is so weird. It probably has my favourite sense of humour in a game. Things like the developer mysteriously appearing to ask you if you're having fun. The enemy design is great too. Fighting against wobbly old men that grumble about today's youth, to damge your 'guts' stat. Using battle items like protractors (Ness can now calculate angles better!) or a toothbrush (Your teeth are so blinding the enemy's accuracy has dropped!) The soundtrack and battle screens are stoner central. Wobbly Media Player-esqure graphics in the background, accompanied by Stilted, disjointed bass riffs mimicking beatles songs. Madness. I think the game even got packaged with scratch and sniff cards so you could smell where you were. It's all just baffling.
4. The World Ends With You (DS) - Painfully cool.
5. Persona 4 (PS2)

6. Yoshi's Island (SNES)
7. Super Mario World (SNES)
8. Final Fantasy VII (PS1)

9. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Games! (GCN) - This is my favourite multi-player game ever. I've waxed lyrical about it's qualities when combined with alcohol many times on here, but seriously, any game that has you pushing and shoving to not be sucked up a giant woman's snotty nose has got something going for it.
10. Batman: Arkham Asylum (360)

11. Fable II (360) - There's so much wrong with Fable II. The combat is gooseberry fool. The magic system is clunky and ineffectual. You can't die. Your character looks gimped if you get too good at anything. It's buggy. The story is largely wank and too short. It's really easy to get too much money. Even the DLC is a bit pants. Yet I still love it. I had a huge amount of fun in Albion. I think it looks lovely too (unlike a lot of people it seems). I think I even had more fun in this than Skyrim so far...
12. Pokemon Red & Blue / Heart Gold & Soul Silver (GB/DS)
13. Paper Mario & the Thousand Year Door (GCN)
14. Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN)
15. Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

16. Canis Canem Edit (PS2)
17. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time / 3D (N64/3DS)
18. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GCN)
19. TimeSplitters 2 (GCN)
20. Battletoads (NES)

Plenty of these are only here because of the nostalgia attached to them rather than because I consider them the best of their genre. Though that's really the point of a personalised list like this isn't it?

Last edited by PuppetBoy on Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
Carlos
Joined in 2008
AKA: SanCarlos

by Carlos » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:44 pm

1. Secret of Mana - Multiplayer with your best friend = best gaming experience ever
2. WipEout Pure - I bought a PSP just to play it (and still am) Omega Pack :wub:
3. SSX3 - The only sports game I was ever good at. Infinite depth helped.
4. Final Fantasy VII - The defining game of the Playstation era and my 1997/1998
5. Phantasy Star Online (series) - Collectively I must have invested 500+ hours into this.
6. Perfect Dark - Almost failed my A-levels thanks to playing this in multiplayer every lunchtime and free period. Still the best FPS ever made.
7. Okami - The best Zelda game never made. It just kept giving and giving. Stunning graphics too.
8. Streets of Rage 2 - The perfect 2 player game. Whenever I have a friend over for a chat and a beer, this goes on. Dat Soundtrack :wub:
9. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - The best Zelda ever made. The dungeons are a pain and the sidequests plentiful. The extra characters add to the variety.
10. Zillion - SEGA's answer to Metroid with no save system. Finish in one 7 hour sitting or start again!

The People's ElboReformat
Joined in 2008
AKA: Goat, Zenigame

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:29 pm

Making lists \o/

Really difficult subject though, it changes so often. I'll give it a go.

1. Mario Kart 64: This will probably always be number one because of just how often I played it and the amount of memories I have with it.
2. Ocarina of Time / Majora's Mask: Cheating but I really can't choose one out of the two. Both brilliant, MM probably has the better characters and feel to it, but OoT has, maybe, the better setting - Plus it was the first I played which makes it special.
3. Super Mario 64: Brilliant controls, fantastic levels, and it blew my mind. The perfect jump from 2D platforming to 3D.
4. Super Mario Bros 3 / Super Mario World: Cheating again but both games are brilliant and have something the other doesn't. True platforming perfection. Full with secrets and fun items and powerups.
5. Halo 3: Simply because the amount of hours I spent playing this with friends is insane. Full of great memories.
6. GTA 3/Vice City/San Andreas: More cheating but it's difficult to pick a favourite. GTA 3 was the first game I remember thinking was perfect. I was addicted to it and loved it. Vice City, to me, has the best story and setting (by not map) and San Andreas is just the funnest out of them all with the best map.
7. Resident Evil 4: Loved the setting, controlled so well and full of tension (dat Barn siege). Plus Leon <3
8. Goldeneye / Perfect Dark: Former had the best single player campaign, the latter the better multiplayer and options. Lost so many hours to both.
9. Pokemon Blue: Like the millions of other people I was addicted to this game. First (and possibly only) JRPG-type game (series) I've loved. ( Have enjoyed HeartGold, Diamond and White a lot too).
10. Tetris: I'll never get bored of this game. It's perfect.

11. Wind Waker: Loved the style and the sailing idea. Some great dungeons but let down by too many empty islands, the tri-force hunting and the general feeling that it wasn't finished.
12. Fable: Liked this a lot more than the sequel (which I never really got into). Just felt better, the sequels were too modern for my liking. Bow and arrow > Guns.
13. Timesplitters 2: Fun campaign and even more fun in multiplayer. The true sequel to Perfect Dark in my eyes.
14. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 / 3: THPS2 came out at the perfect time for me as I was well into the skating scene. Game was great, and I loved the soundtrack. THPS3 was more of the same, before the series got dragged out.
15. Burnout 3: I'm not really much of a fan of racing games (MK aside) but I was well into this game. Paradise too, but to a lesser extent.
16. Portal 2: Laugh out loud funny and so many great ideas. Playing through the co-op mode with a mate was one of my greatest gaming moments ever.
17. Smash Bros Series: Since I'm a Ninty Fanboy I love these games because of their celebrations of everything Nintendo.
18. Marble Blast Ultra: Great little game that you really can feel a sense of getting better at it as you play. So addictive.
19. Super Meat Boy: I hate this bastard. But love it too. Frustrating but so fun. Also very addictive.
20. Dead Island: Love the settings, love the style and atmosphere of it all. Basically the zombie game I've always wanted.

I'm sure I've missed out some...

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:59 pm

1) Resident Evil 4 (GC)
2) Perfect Dark (N64)
3) Half Life 2 (Xbox)
4) Zelda: Ocarina of Time (GC)
5) Metroid Prime (GC)
6) GTA: Vice City (Xbox)
7) Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
8) TimeSplitters 2 (GC)
9) Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
10) WWF No Mercy (N64)
11) Portal (PC)
=12) Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
=12) Mario Kart 64 (N64)
14) F-Zero GX (GC)
15) Resident Evil (GC)
16) Super Monkey Ball (GC)
17) Burnout 3 (Xbox)
18) Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC)
19) Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
20) Heroes of Might and Magic III (PC)

Mario Smash Football (GC) and 1080 Avalanche bubbled.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Joined in 2008

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:07 pm

Drumstick wrote:1) Resident Evil 4 (GC)
2) Perfect Dark (N64)
3) Half Life 2 (Xbox)
4) Zelda: Ocarina of Time (GC)
5) Metroid Prime (GC)
6) GTA: Vice City (Xbox)
7) Banjo-Kazooie (N64)
8) TimeSplitters 2 (GC)
9) Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
10) WWF No Mercy (N64)
11) Portal (PC)
=12) Diddy Kong Racing (N64)
=12) Mario Kart 64 (N64)
14) F-Zero GX (GC)
15) Resident Evil (GC)
16) Super Monkey Ball (GC)
17) Burnout 3 (Xbox)
18) Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem (GC)
19) Project Gotham Racing 2 (Xbox)
20) Heroes of Might and Magic III (PC)

Mario Smash Football (GC) and 1080 Avalanche bubbled.

Banjo-Kazooie and DK64 but no SM64? Madness.

MK64 equal with DKR? Nope.

Mario Smash Football :wub: Great multiplayer game that. Would probably make my Top 20 Multiplayers games...

The Eeveelution club! \o/
Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:13 pm

the-elbo wrote:Banjo-Kazooie and DK64 but no SM64? Madness.

When I played SM64 it was 2005 and it just bored me. I've never really been a fan of Mario's 3D platformers (though I've not played the Galaxy games). I also didn't play OoT until 2005, but look where that is on my list.

the-elbo wrote:MK64 equal with DKR? Nope.

Yep. One brilliant single-player with an okay multiplayer, the other perhaps being the best multiplayer game ever.

the-elbo wrote:Mario Smash Football :wub: Great multiplayer game that. Would probably make my Top 20 Multiplayers games...

Yeah it's bloody brilliant. Mario Party 2 also bubbled, which I forgot to mention.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:25 pm

No explanations, I'll edit them in when I have time:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Perfect Dark
3. Yoshi's Island
4. Pokemon Gold
5. Timesplitters 2
6. Dead Rising
7. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
8. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
9. Resident Evil 2
10. Half Life 2
11. Sonic 2
12. Mario Kart 64
13. Super Smash Bros. Melee
14. F-Zero GX
15. Resident Evil(GameCube)
16. Halo: Combat Evolved
17. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
18. Gears of War
19. Burnout 3
20. Project Gotham Racing 2

Honourable mentions to 1080: Avalanche, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 and Zelda: A Link to the Past, which would have made it in if I'd been in a different mood.

Joined in 2008

by The People's ElboReformat » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:05 pm

Drumstick wrote:
the-elbo wrote:Mario Smash Football :wub: Great multiplayer game that. Would probably make my Top 20 Multiplayers games...

Yeah it's bloody brilliant. Mario Party 2 also bubbled, which I forgot to mention.

Because I love making lists, Imma make my Top 20 Multiplayer Games:

1. Mario Kart: Obviously. Best MK ever = Best multiplayer game ever.
2. Smash Bros Series: The Mario Kart of fighters. Love all three.
3. Halo 2 and Halo 3: The former for local multiplayer nights, the latter for local and hundreds of hours of online MP.
4. Goldeneye / Perfect Dark: Former was great as it was, the latter just added so much.
5. Timesplitters 2: The real sequel to PD when it came to multiplayer.
6. Super Bomberman: Or one of the countless other versions. Always a blast (pun intended).
7. Worms series: Friendships can be lost over this game. Still great.
8. FIFA series: Can spend hours playing this with my brother. Neither of us are very good which makes it more fun.
9. Micro Machines: Lost many hours playing Micro Machines 2 Turbo Tournament on the Megadrive.
10. Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2/3: Some great multiplayer modes in these games.

11. Snowboard Kids: Basically downhill Mario Kart. Just as fun too at times.
12. 1080 Snowboarding/Avalanche: More serious version of Snowboard Kids. Still awesome.
13. Mario Smash Football: Underrated Mario sports game. Good fun; me + 3 mates taking on the Super AI Team is one of my favourite gaming memories.
14. Left 4 Dead / Left 4 Dead 2: Chaotic fun with plenty of backstabbing and general dickery.
15. Mario Party 2 / Mario Party 5: IMO these are the best from the Mario Party series.
16. GTA IV: With a good group of people this can result in some great gaming moments.
17: Burnout 3: For more serious racing than Mario Kart. But still with plenty of arcadey fun.
18. Smackdown series: Always tend to provide hours of multiplayer fun. Even though all we ever play is Royal Rumble mode.
19. Diddy Kong Racing: Not as good as MK64 but it had some good multiplayer moments.
20. Mario Kart: Double Dash!!: Obviously not in the same league as MK64 (or any of them) but has provided a lot of multiplayer fun.

Count Nood
Joined in 2008

by Count Nood » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:08 pm

the-elbo wrote:8. FIFA series: Can spend hours playing this with my brother. Neither of us are very good which makes it more fun.

:| Speak for yourself, m8.

The Eeveelution club!!! \o/
The Alchemist Penguin wrote:I want Tales of Vesperia PS3 now. Especially you loveable Patty. :wub:
Exodist
Joined in 2011

by Exodist » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:10 pm

Its hard to tier a lot of them, my top 5 or so are all in order but after this its just my top favourite games that I can remember.

1. Earthbound
2. Mother 3
3. Half-Life 2
4. Guitar Hero 3
5. Rock Band 3
6. Persona 4
7. League of Legends
8. Final Fantasy X
9. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
10. World of Warcraft
11. Elder Scrolls III Morrowind
12. Resident Evil (Cube Remake)
13. Super Mario World
14. Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
15. Counter-Strike Source
16. Call of Duty 4
17. Curse of Monkey Island
18. Shadow Hearts Covenant
19. Silent Hill 2
20. Modern Warfare 2

CitizenErased
Joined in 2011

by CitizenErased » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:29 pm

1. Half-Life 2
2. Mario 64
3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
4. GTAIII
5. Metal gear Solid
6. Goldeneye 64
7. Perfect Dark 64
8. Shadow of the Colossus
9. Resident Evil 4
10. MGS4
Hitman: Blood Money
Metal Gear Solid 2: SoL
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Batman: Arkham City
God of War
Halo
Super Mario Galaxy
Half-Life 1
Uncharted 2

Jesus that was tough. I normally find it hard to make a top 10, and was seriously considering just doing that, but I figured I'd try and make a top 20. The bottom half of that list will no doubt always change, but I'd say the top 5 at least would always stay the same.

Last edited by CitizenErased on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
man-eater chimp
Joined in 2008

by man-eater chimp » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:30 pm

1. Half-Life 2 (PC) - My top game. The Gravity Gun, Ravenholm (best game level ever) and Dog :wub:
2. Diddy Kong Racing (N64) - Nostalgia mostly. Also better than MK64 CONTROVERSY
3. Yoshi's Island (SNES/GBA) - I first played this on the GBA (forgive me) and it was just perfect. Yoshi has since been my constant pick on Mario Kart and Smash Bros (until they nerfed him on Brawl).
4. League of Legends (PC) - I'm not sure if this is my most played game ever (vs Football Manager) but it really is a fantastic game. Crazy concept, crazy characters, idiotic community. But that just adds to the charm. A truly awesome game.
5. Football Manager Series (PC) - Who knew endless pages of stats and a low-tech football simulation engine could be so good?

6. To The Moon (PC) - Look it up. Buy it. Play it. If you don't cry then you have no soul.
7. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (GC)
8. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC) - I don't know why I prefer this over the original, but I just do.
9. Portal (PC)
10. Metroid Prime (GC)

11. Super Smash Bros Melee (GC) - Brawl was more extensive yes, but in terms of memories Melee wins. Yoshi was so overpowered in it as well!
12. Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - I'd say better than the first, but only just.
13. Team Fortress 2 (PC) - The only game I've ever played in a competitive setting.
14. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (X360)
15. Terraria (PC) - > Minecraft

16. Pokemon FireRed/SoulSilver (GBA/DS) - My favourite 2 out of those that I've owned.
17. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PC)
18. Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
19. Warcraft 3 (PC)
20. Little King's Story (Wii) - I thought an odd final choice would be good.

Honourable mentions to Amnesia: The Dark Descent (if I wasn't too scared to finish it), Dustforce, Mario 64 (which I forgot to put in and I don't want to change my list now), Torchlight and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

EDIT: Dammit Advance Wars, why are you so forgettable. You were one of my favourite games ever BUT THE LIST IS DONE AND CAN NEVER BE CHANGED.

Unless I do it again.

Last edited by man-eater chimp on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lego Grand Theft Auto... You KNOW you would buy it.
Fm
Joined in 2008
AKA: Foolish Mortal

by Fm » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:34 pm

01 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
02 Metroid Prime
03 Super Mario 64
04 Goldeneye 007
05 Half-Life 2
06 Halo
07 Advance Wars
08 Half-Life
09 Resident Evil 4
10 Braid
11 Portal
12 The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
13 Hitman: Blood Money
14 Counter-Strike
15 Metroid Fusion
16 Deus Ex
17 F-Zero GX
18 Pokémon
19 Solomon’s Key
20 Super Smash Bros Brawl
21 Lylat Wars
22 Jet Force Gemini
23 Super Mario Galaxy 2
24 Wario Ware
25 Tetris Attack

No changes, sadly. Dark Souls might sneak in, but it's too early to tell.

Pedz wrote:recharging shields are gay.
Skippy
Joined in 2008

by Skippy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:41 pm

Oooh lists :wub: Haven't done one for games in a long while, this will be my side-project tomorrow

Parkreiner
Shmarkmimer
Joined in 2008

by Parkreiner » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:54 pm

1. Resident Evil 4
- It's the best game.

2. Killer 7
- The last two main levels of this game mess about with my emotions like no other thing ever has. And that's all I'm going to say about that.

3. God Hand
- Perfect control over your man Gene with a perfect fightin' engine in a world perfectly designed to punch people. Pretty good.

4. Perfect Dark
- 360 version, best FPS ever in HD with online multiplayer; very nice. Kind of took over my world for some weeks. I leaped up screaming and punched the air when I completed Combat Simulator Challenge 30. I don't think anyone's ever actually genuinely done that before.

5. Metroid Prime

6. Rock Band 3
7. Deus Ex
8. Street Fighter III: Third Strike
9. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
10. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
11. Mass Effect
12. Braid
13. F-Zero GX
14. Resident Evil 2
15. Brütal Legend
16. Burnout 2: Point of Impact
17. The Longest Journey
18. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
19. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
20. Half Life 2

Bubbles: Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, Ikaruga, Okami, Alex Kidd in Miracle World, Wonder Boy III: Dragon's Trap, Gunstar Heroes... El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron?

Wild card: Deadly Premonition

I love lists.

Stare directly at the sun. Good for you. Vitamin D.
outoftime101
Joined in 2008

by outoftime101 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:01 am

I've probably left something out, and the lower order could be jigged about a bit.

1. Halo 3 (360)
2. Ocarina of Time (N64)
3. Civilization 2 (PC)
4. Halo (xbox)
5. Super Mario World (Snes)
6. Mario 64 (N64)
7. Pilotwings 64 (N64)
8. MSR (Dreamcast)
9. Sensible World of Soccer (Amiga)
10. Quarantine (3do)
11. Mario Galaxy 2 (wii)
12. Goldeneye (N64)
13. Knights of the Old Republic (xbox)
14. Wave Race (N64)
15. Sega Rally (Saturn)
16. Mario Kart (Snes)
17. Street Fighter 2 (Snes)
18. The Orange Box (360)
19. Mass Effect 2 (360)
20 Gears of War (360)

Special mentions to:

Deus ex (pc); Virtual Racing (32x); Doom (pc); skyrim (360); CoD: MW (360); command and conquer red alert (pc); Need for Speed (3do); Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3); Striker (Snes); GTA III (PS2)

Return to “Games”