Bitcoins and Other Crypto-currencies

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Hulohot
Joined in 2008
AKA: dan_e1990

PostRe: Bitcoins and Other Crypto-currencies
by Hulohot » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:36 pm

Drumstick wrote:Is SafeMoon on Coinbase?

It is currently on one or two obscure exchanges. The easiest way to buy is to have a binance account and a trust wallet. Buy a BNB on Binance, then send it to your BNB wallet on Trust Wallet. Swap it to BNB Smart Chain (just a few clicks to do this) and then go to DApps tab, find pancake swap, then swap your smart chain BNB for Safemoon. The safemoon will then be stored on your trust wallet, so make sure it is secure.

Safemoon is new and risky, we don't know what the developers could do/dump on the market. Be careful.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:42 pm

I am very new to this and don't understand a lot (read: all) of the terminology.

Can you recommend a secure wallet?

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Choclet-Milk
Joined in 2015

by Choclet-Milk » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:00 pm

Yeahhh, I've completely bailed out on Doge, it's been declining all day and it's just about reached where I bought in.

Still, about £25 up in the end, so better than a kick in the teeth.

we have to lose that sax solo
BonalityMatrix
Joined in 2021

by BonalityMatrix » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:22 pm

I just found out how to transfer in Binance. I have 130 VET and apparently they will take 100 VET to facilitate the transfer. Is that outrageous fee common for this exchange? Because that's unworkable - how can this platform be of utility if they're taking 77% per transfer? This is robbery!

Errkal
Joined in 2011

by Errkal » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:50 am

BonalityMatrix wrote:I just found out how to transfer in Binance. I have 130 VET and apparently they will take 100 VET to facilitate the transfer. Is that outrageous fee common for this exchange? Because that's unworkable - how can this platform be of utility if they're taking 77% per transfer? This is robbery!

https://withdrawalfees.com/coins/vechain

Looks pretty standard across exchanges for that coin.

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:38 am

Errkal wrote:
BonalityMatrix wrote:I just found out how to transfer in Binance. I have 130 VET and apparently they will take 100 VET to facilitate the transfer. Is that outrageous fee common for this exchange? Because that's unworkable - how can this platform be of utility if they're taking 77% per transfer? This is robbery!

https://withdrawalfees.com/coins/vechain

Looks pretty standard across exchanges for that coin.

Wtf :lol: surely that's a sign it's going to be totally worthless. Imagine a bank trying that with your money.

Holpil
Joined in 2008

by Holpil » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:26 am

Never thought I'd see the day GRcade started going in on alts, let alone BTC.

Be careful with them, I got caught up in the hype a bit in late 2017/early 2018.

And avoid obscure exchanges that can disappear overnight!

BonalityMatrix
Joined in 2021

by BonalityMatrix » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Yeah I think I'm going to stick to mainstream coins and exchanges.

blackoutHERO
Joined in 2008

by blackoutHERO » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:05 am

Hulohot wrote:Safemoon is new and risky, we don't know what the developers could do/dump on the market. Be careful.

:slol: Well this is a dip.

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:15 am

Post on Reddit saying safemoon is a con. Be careful guys.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:29 am

I think we're seeing something of a decoupling of Ether/Bitcoin, with Ether becoming valuable enough to pave its own way.

Ether is currently 36.13% up on the month, whereas Bitcoin is 7.08% down. Although that is largely caused by Bitcoin having had a horrendous week, with Ether suffering the same but recovering entirely over the last two days.

The volatility is still obviously ridiculous. Every day I half expect to find my balance has dropped to 20p.

abcd
Emeritus
Joined in 2008
AKA: abcd

by abcd » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:48 am

I put a butt load of money into Ether yesterday (£10.01) and it's already up by 44p.

BonalityMatrix
Joined in 2021

by BonalityMatrix » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:47 pm

Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I think we're seeing something of a decoupling of Ether/Bitcoin, with Ether becoming valuable enough to pave its own way.

Ether is currently 36.13% up on the month, whereas Bitcoin is 7.08% down. Although that is largely caused by Bitcoin having had a horrendous week, with Ether suffering the same but recovering entirely over the last two days.

The volatility is still obviously ridiculous. Every day I half expect to find my balance has dropped to 20p.

Yeah I noticed this. I normally use bitcoin as a "barometer" for the crypto market in general - when it goes up, so do the rest etc. But eth seems to be bucking the trend. I bought 0.567 ages ago for £100. A good investment it seems. Even though I hear Cardano provides the same functionality with far lower "gas" fees. I have some of that too.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:55 pm

I'm fairly sure that Eth outperformed Bitcoin in terms of percentages last bull market. I wasn't in crypto back then but that's what I remember hearing and reading a few times since I have been in the space.

I sold my Eth for Cardano months ago as I think long term ADA is the better investment.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
BonalityMatrix
Joined in 2021

by BonalityMatrix » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:01 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:I sold my Eth for Cardano months ago as I think long term ADA is the better investment.

Fingers crossed.

Fuzzy Dunlop
Joined in 2008

by Fuzzy Dunlop » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:18 pm

Indeed.

Super bullish on Cardano, looking forward to their Africa special event next week. Exciting times.

Do you often contemplate the complexity of life?
Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008

by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:23 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:I think we're seeing something of a decoupling of Ether/Bitcoin, with Ether becoming valuable enough to pave its own way.

Yeah I noticed this. I normally use bitcoin as a "barometer" for the crypto market in general - when it goes up, so do the rest etc. But eth seems to be bucking the trend. I bought 0.567 ages ago for £100. A good investment it seems. Even though I hear Cardano provides the same functionality with far lower "gas" fees. I have some of that too.

It's just not stopping today :slol: up to a new all-time high of £1,867 right now and that monthly percentage increase has gone up to 44.56% since my post three hours ago.

Think I will look into Cardano as well...

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:51 am

Guys I've cursed Ether.

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008

by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:55 am

Drumstick wrote:Guys I've cursed Ether.

I think you've cursed the entire cryptosphere :lol: massive crashing across the board! :dread:

Dual
Joined in 2008

by Dual » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:59 am

Buy the dip!

Return to “Stuff”