[A local party, or single-issue party]
1%
[An independent candidate]
5%

Total votes: 104
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

PostRe: Election 2021: Who did you vote for?
by OrangeRKN » Fri May 07, 2021 4:04 pm

I'm so glad someone is finally calling out Karl for being a misogynist and Tineash as a white supremacy apologist. I always knew they were wrong uns.

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Fri May 07, 2021 4:04 pm

I'm also very happy that post is top of the new page :lol:

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri May 07, 2021 4:06 pm

Is it time for OrangeRKN's daily punch in the face? Get 'im! :nod:

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri May 07, 2021 4:08 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:
Karl_ wrote:Muslim women as "letterboxes"

Are you saying you're okay with women being forced by a patriarchal culture to wear clothes that dehumanise them and earmark them as some man's property?

I don't like Boris but any civilised person ought to find this egregious, yet it's constantly given a free pass by those who claim to be on the side of women.

As it turns out, the sexual revolution was just for white women. :lol:

How does calling a group of women "letterboxes" help them in any way?

Not all women that wear burqas are forced to do so.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri May 07, 2021 4:12 pm

What's "pro women" mean?

Feminism is an equal rights movement, no? Sorry, only that phrase struck me as a bit weird.

It's not only women who benefit from women's rights. I'm not sure what pro women means because it suggests anti-men which is... Well, I'd rather not go there.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
VlaSoul
Joined in 2018
AKA: Vtheyoshi

by VlaSoul » Fri May 07, 2021 4:14 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:
Oblomov Boblomov wrote:BonalityMatrix, you keep taking one fact and using it to jump to a totally different conclusion, without any merit whatsoever.

We don't like it when people insult Muslim women. How does that mean we therefore support oppression of Muslim women?

We don't like it that this country is full of racist people. How does that mean we therefore believe this country is the most racist one on the planet?

It just seems to me that, for a community that's pro-women and anti-racist, you might have your priorities a bit jumbled.

I understand your point here and this is an issue I generally have with western leftists, but you've posted a bunch of low effort "gotcha's" that are kind of dishonest in your logic and then at a couple of points acted sanctimonious in your responses. This is a thread about local elections, local politics. Logically we will focus on local issues. Women being stoned to death in other countries doesn't make it so that we can't talk about social problems that exist in this country.

You bring up japanese xenophobia and yes that is an issue, but they're an ethnostate anyway and even discounting that, this is a thread about politics in the context of the UK. In general your logic is questionable; surely I can be against forcing women to dress based on stupid ancient traditions while also being against dumb banana splits having a go at them for choosing to dress the way they want. You're basically asking us to condemn everything that doesn't directly pertain to what we're talking about whenever we make a point about something marginally related, or you're asking us to completely ignore the problems facing us locally.

was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM. V I was, V I remain
sig made by the venerable Krik
Knoyleo
Joined in 2008

by Knoyleo » Fri May 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Green Gecko wrote:What's "pro women" mean?

Feminism is an equal rights movement, no? Sorry, only that phrase struck me as a bit weird.

It's not only women who benefit from women's rights. I'm not sure what pro women means because it suggests anti-men which is... Well, I'd rather not go there.

Wasn't this bonality's original argument pages back? That a policy aimed at female prisoners was inherently sexist and anti men because they weren't included. Have we come full circle now?

pjbetman wrote:That's the stupidest thing ive ever read on here i think.
BonalityMatrix
Joined in 2021

by BonalityMatrix » Fri May 07, 2021 4:19 pm

Point taken, but "ethnostate" just sounds like an excuse to me. The rest of the world is allowed to cling onto the notion of "one nation, one race"?

Dig Dug
Joined in 2011

by Dig Dug » Fri May 07, 2021 4:19 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:
Dig Dug wrote:
Britain is a white supremacist country built on class divides and colonialism. To fight for the rights of marginalised groups is to go against the tide by default.

That is absurdly hysterical. Britain is one of the most diverse and inclusive societies on earth. Certainly much more so than, say, Japan (which I'm sure routinely gets ignored/excused on here). You'd see that if you had a global perspective, not a western one.

I’ve lived in Japan and stay in regular contact with the people I met there both Japanese and expat but please do go off about how I lack a global mindset.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Fri May 07, 2021 4:21 pm

It's a woman who is skilled enough at being a woman that she can now make a living from being one (rather than it just being a hobby), often landing lucrative sponsorship deals and then later in life, commentary roles.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
VlaSoul
Joined in 2018
AKA: Vtheyoshi

by VlaSoul » Fri May 07, 2021 4:23 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:Point taken, but "ethnostate" just sounds like an excuse to me. The rest of the world is allowed to cling onto the notion of "one nation, one race"?

No not really. The idea of globalism, or at least of alternate-globalism/global revolution is that the idea of "one nation one race" eventually erodes away as the tide of progress sweeps away such notions.

was Vtheyoshi on (S)ONM. V I was, V I remain
sig made by the venerable Krik
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri May 07, 2021 4:24 pm

Knoyleo wrote:

Wasn't this bonality's original argument pages back? That a policy aimed at female prisoners was inherently sexist and anti men because they weren't included. Have we come full circle now?

To be honest I haven't spotted that because I can't be bothered to decode the waterfall of assumptions played out over several pages already.

I try to avoid circular discussions but yeah if you've identified that, I'm gonna pass.

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri May 07, 2021 4:27 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:

It's a woman who is skilled enough at being a woman that she can now make a living from being one (rather than it just being a hobby), often landing lucrative sponsorship deals and then later in life, commentary roles.

:lol: to be honest that's a pretty accurate however farcical description of how women have been sidelined throughout art history for example as "just having a good old go at something, but nothing really serious because they're not a man".

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri May 07, 2021 4:29 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:Point taken, but "ethnostate" just sounds like an excuse to me. The rest of the world is allowed to cling onto the notion of "one nation, one race"?

There's not really much we can do about Japanese immigration policies.

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Fri May 07, 2021 4:34 pm

BonalityMatrix wrote:Are you saying you're okay with women being forced by a patriarchal culture to wear clothes that dehumanise them and earmark them as some man's property?

BonalityMatrix wrote:are you saying a country like Poland is less "white supremacist" than Britain?

BonalityMatrix wrote:The rest of the world is allowed to cling onto the notion of "one nation, one race"?

Bonality isn't going to post in good faith or try to actually engage in debate so posting well-reasoned rebuttals is just one big waste of time. He will just continue to invent positions no one holds but posed as questions so he can switch track to whatever point he chooses while ignoring any counterpoint actually raised.

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Fri May 07, 2021 4:41 pm

Aberdeen and the NE of Scotland showing huge swings to the Tories from the SNP :dread:

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Fri May 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Wait so Boris was actually being a racist misogynist to help those women? It’s all so clear now!

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Fri May 07, 2021 4:42 pm

Rocsteady wrote:Aberdeen and the NE of Scotland showing huge swings to the Tories from the SNP :dread:

Classic Aberdeen.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri May 07, 2021 4:43 pm

That Ocarina of Time scarecrow :lol: I never figured out what I was meant to do with some of those!

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 pm

The idea of English people voting Conservative is bad enough but at least there is a twatty logic to it. What the strawberry float are the Scottish and Welsh doing voting for them?!

I've not felt the urge to hit the bottle like this for months and months. Not since the 2019 elections I guess. Oh well, hangover tomorrow so I'll miss my Saturday morning run and feel even shittier. :)

Return to “Stuff”