Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by Memento Mori » Mon May 10, 2021 1:04 pm

Any word yet on when the vaccines are getting offered to the under 40s in England?

That
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Dr. Nyaaa~!
Joined in 2008

by That » Mon May 10, 2021 1:05 pm

Moggy wrote:a few of them might be fine and are just getting a sick day. :lol:

I was talking to someone who was getting very worried about the vaccine, because every single person at her works who'd had it took several days off for side effects. I'm sure some were legit! But I think this is quite a big effect. :lol: I can't blame anyone for taking a day off with such a good excuse ready to go.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Mon May 10, 2021 1:13 pm

Karl_ wrote:
Moggy wrote:a few of them might be fine and are just getting a sick day. :lol:

I was talking to someone who was getting very worried about the vaccine, because every single person at her works who'd had it took several days off for side effects. I'm sure some were legit! But I think this is quite a big effect. :lol: I can't blame anyone for taking a day off with such a good excuse ready to go.

I didn't tell anybody at work that I was having the vaccine. I'm keeping it in the bank for when I fancy a day or two off. :lol:

Grumpy David
Joined in 2008
AKA: Cubeamania

by Grumpy David » Mon May 10, 2021 1:42 pm

Memento Mori wrote:Any word yet on when the vaccines are getting offered to the under 40s in England?

Boris has a press conference at 5PM so I'm hoping we get an update on that shortly.

However as he's a populist, he'll probably just announce that he's agreed for the FA and UEFA to move the Champions League Final from Istanbul to Villa Park.

I had hoped we'd have further updates on Novavax as originally it looked like it could be approved in May ready for late May / early June but this seems to keep being pushed back.

The info I've seen from /r/coronavirusuk is from this guy on Twitter working backwards from obscure Scottish Health department documents on their supply levels to see what the situation is like for the UK overall.

twitter.com/PaulMainwood/status/1391324977492803585

Would look like 35-39 should be able to book in from some stage this week.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Mon May 10, 2021 2:11 pm

My 30 year old colleague has just been contacted for a vaccine this week. She's on the other side of London to me.

A lot of regional variation it seems.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Mon May 10, 2021 2:23 pm

Got pfizer here yesterday, have some arm pain and feeling a bit drowsy today. Not too bad.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Mon May 10, 2021 5:15 pm

Is the latest advice seriously to only hug friends or family? Because people don't tend to go around hugging strangers unless you are one of those people with a free hugs sign!

Edit: One of the journalists seriously just asked, at a press conference during a pandemic, who Boris Johnson is looking forward to hugging. That person, and that news company should be utterly ashamed of themselves.

Edit 2: Next one asking who the PM will be shaking hands with and when. Just cringe worthy beyond belief.

Yubel
Joined in 2018

by Yubel » Mon May 10, 2021 5:54 pm

Do people really need a strawberry floating tutorial on how to hug their friends and families? The government/press seem to be acting as though nobody has been doing exactly that regardless of restrictions, somehow making this an even bigger waste of everyone's time.

Have they really not got bigger fish to fry? :fp:

Youtube - Yubellion

"Common sense is a bullshit phrase."
Choclet-Milk
Joined in 2015

by Choclet-Milk » Mon May 10, 2021 5:56 pm

Yes, but they'd rather you didn't think about them.

we have to lose that sax solo
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Mon May 10, 2021 6:12 pm

The media reporting this like hugging is now to be made legal again :slol: it was never made illegal, it was only ever guidance and you should distance from others :fp:

Shoe Army
Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Mon May 10, 2021 6:19 pm

Interesting to see the WFH guidance is still the exact same. I knew my employer was talking absolute gooseberry fool anyway but it's nice to have it confirmed yet again.

Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Mon May 10, 2021 6:27 pm

Yubel wrote:Do people really need a strawberry floating tutorial on how to hug their friends and families? The government/press seem to be acting as though nobody has been doing exactly that regardless of restrictions, somehow making this an even bigger waste of everyone's time.

Have they really not got bigger fish to fry? :fp:

What are hugs

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Mon May 10, 2021 8:17 pm

Don't want to be unprofessional in a casual work chat so this one's for Ad, facebook thread is off page 1 so

Victor Mildew wrote:

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Mon May 10, 2021 8:41 pm

Just sayin!

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon May 10, 2021 10:37 pm

How about we have a "nobody but you cares about your kids" silence at 8am. Just sayin!

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Tue May 11, 2021 12:28 am

captain red dog wrote:Edit 2: Next one asking who the PM will be shaking hands with and when. Just cringe worthy beyond belief.

Of course the answer to who is "people in hospitals" and when is "at the start of the pandemic when the advice was definitely not to do that"

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Tue May 11, 2021 7:03 am

twitter.com/GuardianUS/status/1391797727407837187

I've had some low points, but I have never fallen so far that I ate bread. :cry:

Peter Crisp
Joined in 2008

by Peter Crisp » Tue May 11, 2021 7:31 am

I don't think there's a global award worthy of rewarding her for surviving such a horrific ordeal.

Maybe we could all chip in so a mile-high statue of her can be built with a plaque saying "Survived eating bread!" in 100-foot tall letters.

I'd say she's a modern Jesus but she makes Jesus look like gooseberry fool.
Did Jesus make a candle that smells like his cock? Case closed.

Last edited by Peter Crisp on Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vermilion wrote:I'd rather live in Luton.
Squinty
Joined in 2009

by Squinty » Tue May 11, 2021 7:32 am

Probably jacking off to the thought of Gwyneth Paltrow eating bread. That was my lowest point.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Tue May 11, 2021 7:40 am

Squinty wrote:Probably jacking off to the thought of Gwyneth Paltrow eating bread. That was my lowest point.

Same. Always been one of my go tos. And now it has actually happened! :toot:

Return to “Stuff”