Re: Tokyo 2020 - You didn't think it was over did you?

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
hamm sandwich
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Re: Tokyo 2020 - GB hopes: Diving | Athletics (inc relays) | Canoeing | Cycling (inc Omnium)
by hamm sandwich » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:23 pm

Skateboarding is such a good addition to these olympics. Can’t help but be massively impressed by everyone involved. Must be one of the toughest disciplines to excel in.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

PostRe: Re: Tokyo 2020 - GB hopes: Diving | Athletics (inc relays) | Canoeing | Cycling (inc Omnium)
by Tomous » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:29 pm

Think it's great they're adding all these types of sports to the Olympics.

I do think breakdancing getting in for 2024 and Squash still looking on from the outside is a pisstake though.

hamm sandwich
Joined in 2008

by hamm sandwich » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:42 pm

Tomous wrote:Think it's great they're adding all these types of sports to the Olympics.

I do think breakdancing getting in for 2024 and Squash still looking on from the outside is a pisstake though.

Breakdancing at least sounds like it would be brilliant to watch. As long as it doesn’t push other events out I’m all for it. Personally feel there’s a bit too much horse and boat action.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Tokyo 2020 - GB hopes: Diving | Athletics (inc relays) | Canoeing | Cycling (inc Omnium)
by Oblomov Boblomov » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:47 pm

Would happily sack the horse gooseberry fool off. Do it in the name of animal protection or whatever. Won't happen though; it's far too steeped in bullshit tradition.

Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Thu Aug 05, 2021 5:55 pm

Corazon de Leon wrote:
Cuttooth wrote:
Captain Kinopio wrote:Jason Kenny really looks off the pace compared to his previous appearances at the Games where he's been invincible.

Cycling looks like it's going to go the way of the rowing and be a quiet Games for us.

Edit: And wiped out in women's Kieren now too. Having a nightmare.

He’s 33 give him a break!

I'd started typing out an indignant response of my own to this, but I'm glad someone's pointed out that Kenny's one of the older racers in the field. He's also made it very clear that he's not as fast and able to compete as other riders from other countries.

It's incredibly difficult, almost impossible probably, to dominate an event or sport over the course of three or more Olympics. Age, injuries, team changes and technology improvements in other teams all take their toll.

Yeh, I wasn't having a pop at him.

Time for adventure
poshrule_uk
Joined in 2008

by poshrule_uk » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:07 pm

The horse one where they have to get around the course quickly without knocking the barrier's down is ok but would still happily see that go.

darksideby182
Joined in 2008

by darksideby182 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:10 pm

They need to add downhill mountain biking and bin off the road biking.

Wii U : punkeator
Xbox live : darksideby182
Psn : darksideby182
steam : Punkeator
Origin : Punkeator
Switch : 6739-1557-7191
Captain Kinopio
Joined in 2008
AKA: Memento Mori

by Captain Kinopio » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:36 pm

The climbing was bonkers today. With one climber to go on the final of three disciplines, Adam Ondra was in 1st place. Then because that climber went three holds above him, he dropped to sixth.

Makes you wonder about that scoring system where so much depends on how other people do, and if it would be simpler to just add scores together.

Still climbing has been a big win at these games for me.

The dance karate, not so much.

Time for adventure
Dowbocop
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Dowbocop » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:52 pm

Captain Kinopio wrote:The climbing was bonkers today. With one climber to go on the final of three disciplines, Adam Ondra was in 1st place. Then because that climber went three holds above him, he dropped to sixth.

Makes you wonder about that scoring system where so much depends on how other people do, and if it would be simpler to just add scores together.

Still climbing has been a big win at these games for me.

The dance karate, not so much.

I wanted to watch the Kata, might have to try and find a bit of it. I fear the Kumite will suffer from having such an exciting TKD event the week before.

KingK
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Re: Tokyo 2020 - GB hopes: Diving | Athletics | Boxing | Cycling
by KingK » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:38 am

The men's 50km walk is surely the hardest activity to do in the heat and humidity? Apart from the fact that they all walked looking like they needed a gooseberry fool, it must be exhausting. Just under 4hrs for the Winner to be confirmed

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:07 am

KingK wrote:The men's 50km walk is surely the hardest activity to do in the heat and humidity? Apart from the fact that they all walked looking like they needed a gooseberry fool, it must be exhausting. Just under 4hrs for the Winner to be confirmed

I can't watch the walking without thinking of this.

Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:25 am

Yep, same here :slol:

poshrule_uk
Joined in 2008

by poshrule_uk » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:37 am

KingK wrote:The men's 50km walk is surely the hardest activity to do in the heat and humidity? Apart from the fact that they all walked looking like they needed a gooseberry fool, it must be exhausting. Just under 4hrs for the Winner to be confirmed

I was looking at race walking records last night and they run walk faster than I run and I'm no slow coach

The 5k record is sub 19 minutes and I can do 5k in 19:14. It's insane.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 am

Very unlucky from the wee Paisley guy there, he just had the bad luck of coming up against the best in the world.

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:00 am

The Dutch really are flying in the velodrome

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by SEP » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:06 am

Drumstick wrote:The Dutch really are flying in the velodrome

Cause for disqualification, surely? The rules clearly state they need to be on bicycles.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

PostRe: Tokyo 2020 - GB hopes: Diving | Athletics | Boxing | Cycling
by Oblomov Boblomov » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:31 am

Finally caught the men's park skateboarding final and really enjoyed it. Some of the air time going on was ridiculous. There is something just so satisfying about watching someone land a perfect kickflip :wub:.

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:38 am

Nasty little crash caused by Australia in the velodrome there, surely the team should've been disqualified after it!

Corazon de Leon

by Corazon de Leon » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:43 am

strawberry floating hell, this is dominant so far!

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by Drumstick » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:46 am

Surely this lead is unassailable now

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image

Return to “Stuff”