Coronavirus & stuff

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
BTB
Joined in 2008

PostRe: Coronavirus & stuff
by BTB » Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:53 pm

I can't recall any events/spaces I've been to recently that has said before that COVID pass/negative test result actually enforcing it. They either haven't checked or it's so busy they just let people through.

And again it will be staff at sports events etc probably on minimum wage given the role, so part of me doesn't blame them as of they try to enforce it they'll just get a load of abuse.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:19 pm

Just came back from the millennium centre in Cardiff (book of Mormon :wub: )

No covid pass check, no bag checks (I guess knives and bombs don't exist any more), asked to 'try' to wear our masks by the woman who was checking tickets. I'd say maybe a quarter kept them on.

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
Return_of_the_STAR
Joined in 2008

by Return_of_the_STAR » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:17 pm

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm predicting UK cases have now peaked and we will start to see a drop off in numbers over the coming weeks. We may we'll stay in the 40k bracket though for a short while first. I'm not convinced though how rapid the decline will be.

Shoe Army
Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:43 pm

I'm not sure. I've a feeling this slowdown is temporary and coincides with the kids being off school for half term.

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:45 pm

I suspect it depends on whether the numbers here in the west country have peaked following the PCR testing fiasco, as this area does seem to have been a major cause of the sudden spike in cases.

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:58 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Just came back from the millennium centre in Cardiff (book of Mormon :wub: )

No covid pass check, no bag checks (I guess knives and bombs don't exist any more), asked to 'try' to wear our masks by the woman who was checking tickets. I'd say maybe a quarter kept them on.

I'm seeing that at the end of Dec in Manchester, I can't wait. My other half figured it would be a good thing to suggest when we were out on a date and I was making a gooseberry fool ton of inappropriate jokes, and thankfully it turned out we had the same sense of humour and as she's seen it before thinks I'm going to really enjoy it. :slol:

Drumstick
Member ♥
Joined in 2008
AKA: Vampbuster

by Drumstick » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:01 am

Seeing Book of Mormon in Feb for the first time. Stoked!

Check out my YouTube channel!
One man should not have this much power in this game. Luckily I'm not an ordinary man.
Image Image Image
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:10 am

That's not a growth wrote:
Victor Mildew wrote:Just came back from the millennium centre in Cardiff (book of Mormon :wub: )

I'm seeing that at the end of Dec in Manchester, I can't wait. My other half figured it would be a good thing to suggest when we were out on a date and I was making a gooseberry fool ton of inappropriate jokes, and thankfully it turned out we had the same sense of humour and as she's seen it before thinks I'm going to really enjoy it. :slol:

If you've set the bar high like that and she's still around, you're on to a winner :toot:

It's so funny. It's the second time we've seen it now (the first was in that London in 2017). It's funny to hear the quiet laughs near the start as some people really weren't expecting it to be the way it is, to the uncontrollable roar of laughter by the end. I was in tears laughing at the end and my nose was running so much behind my mask because of it, which was gross.

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 am

Victor Mildew wrote:

If you've set the bar high like that and she's still around, you're on to a winner :toot:

It's so funny. It's the second time we've seen it now (the first was in that London in 2017). It's funny to hear the quiet laughs near the start as some people really weren't expecting it to be the way it is, to the uncontrollable roar of laughter by the end. I was in tears laughing at the end and my nose was running so much behind my mask because of it, which was gross.

Things do seem to be going very well at the moment for sure.

And that's brilliant to hear, it's not often these days something causes more than a chuckle so if I even get close to that level I'll be ecstatic.

Zilnad
Joined in 2019

by Zilnad » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:37 am

I really need to see Book of Mormon again. We were going to go to London to see it a second time but the pandemic happened just before we were due to buy tickets :x

kerr9000
Joined in 2013

by kerr9000 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:38 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:

I saw it in London when it was first about, it was really funny when I went both the show but the fact little old ladies had gone and as soon as it got to a certain song like a quarter of the crowd got outraged and left lol

I have tickets for it in Nottingham I think there next year latish as they got moved due to covid.

captain red dog
Joined in 2008

by captain red dog » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:15 pm

Rex Kramer wrote:I'm not sure. I've a feeling this slowdown is temporary and coincides with the kids being off school for half term.

I wonder how that shapes up by region. South West are only just on half term this week, so it would be interesting to see how it tracks against anywhere that was on half term last week.

rinks
Joined in 2008

by rinks » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:21 am

Health Secretary Javid says there is no need for further Covid restrictions "at this point" and he believes the UK will have "a normal Christmas".

Well, that strategy worked well last year, didn’t it?

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:57 pm

36,000 cases today, second day in a row below 40k, hopefully this downward trend will continue.

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:46 pm

YouGov:

Jabs = Jobs: Health secretary Sajid Javid has said he is “leaning towards” making it mandatory for NHS staff to be vaccinated against Covid-19

Asked today, 79% of Britons said they would support this approach, with more than half (54%) showing ‘strongly support’

While 12% oppose making vaccination a requirement for NHS staff

Those aged 65 and over (92%) are much more likely than those aged 18-24 (72%) to support the measure – although there is a strong majority in favour among all age groups

Heard something on the radio this evening about Starmer not supporting it for some reason, but I didn’t catch all of it.

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:47 pm

Very stringent at comicon at the weekend. Checked everyone.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:38 pm

Denster wrote:Very stringent at comicon at the weekend. Checked everyone.

My mate who went sent me a video of a boulder chasing a little guy dressed as Indy. Was that you?

Denster
Joined in 2008

by Denster » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Victor Mildew wrote:
Denster wrote:Very stringent at comicon at the weekend. Checked everyone.

My mate who went sent me a video of a boulder chasing a little guy dressed as Indy. Was that you?

If it was friday, no. Saturday - yes.

Garth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Garth » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:21 pm

andretmzt
Joined in 2008

by andretmzt » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:35 pm

If 76% support wearing masks in shops, why is no one wearing a mask? :|

HSH28 wrote:No Last Guardian.