TCRT 10: The TCRT Strikes Back (retroactively titled TCRT10: Episode V – The TCRT Strikes Back)

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
jawa_
Joined in 2021

PostRe: TCRT 10: The TCRT Strikes Back (retroactively titled TCRT10: Episode V – The TCRT Strikes Back)
by jawa_ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:10 am

...although there is a further factor in the tiredness.

I've got something in my loft - squirrels, I think - and they've woken me up at 03:30am yesterday and today. So, later on, I gotta climb up there and have a look around. Dang it, why is my flat some kinda nature reserve? Animals and insects, clear off! :lol: .

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

PostRe: TCRT 10: The TCRT Strikes Back (retroactively titled TCRT10: Episode V – The TCRT Strikes Back)
by Moggy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:11 am

jawa_ wrote:I saw a mate for the football on Friday night and we had a few beers; I had three pints.

I've not really drunk much at all since the COVID lockdown started and after those few beers I felt a bit rough and tired for most of yesterday :fp: .

New thread idea: Jawa asks... do you think you'll reach an age where you stop drinking pints?

Edit:

Plus: Jawa asks... what wildlife lives in your walls and/or loft?

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:15 am

Moggy wrote:...New thread idea: Jawa asks... do you think you'll reach an age where you stop drinking pints?

Haha! I've never really been a drinker - just socially and I've always been a complete lightweight at it :lol: .

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:19 am

Moggy wrote:Edit:

Plus: Jawa asks... what wildlife lives in your walls and/or loft?

Legit good idea!

In my flat I've had wasps (roof and window sill), spiders (a nest in my bedroom once... brrr!), parakeets (roof and fascias), those little insects with princers whose name I forget, and now - probably - squirrels. I get the feeling that blue tack isn't gonna work with the squirrels and I'll have to devise a new deterrent.

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:35 am

Jawa hears a noise in his kitchen - 2021 - colourised

And I've got Jenuall beaten on the miserable birthday haul - 2 whole cards for me this year 8-)

Hexx wrote:Ad7 is older and balder than I thought.
That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:55 am

jawa_ wrote:I saw a mate for the football on Friday night and we had a few beers; I had three pints.

I've not really drunk much at all since the COVID lockdown started and after those few beers I felt a bit rough and tired for most of yesterday :fp: .

I've got a mate that would swear by a routine he's got to help keep his hangover at bay for these last few years since we hit our 30s, and as a group we would normally mock him a bit. But this year we went of a stag do and I knew my tolerance was going to be gooseberry fool since I didn't drink much these last few years so wanted to try anything I could to help me get through the weekend. It worked a damn treat, and I also went to beer festival on Friday and finished drinking around 5am. I woke up around midday yesterday and was feeling mostly ok by the afternoon/evening when previous years it had been a 2-3 day hangover for similar situations.

What I did was take the following: ibuprofen, Alka-Seltzer, dioralyte. Before you go to bed, then again when you wake up in the morning. I also made sure to eat plenty during the night and the next day.

Although this isn't going to help with noise from infestations. Probably.

Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

by Jenuall » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:51 am

Victor Mildew wrote:Jawa hears a noise in his kitchen - 2021 - colourised

And I've got Jenuall beaten on the miserable birthday haul - 2 whole cards for me this year 8-)

Couldn't even let me have that one victory could you?

HB hun xx

Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:08 am

TYBBZ

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:13 am

Victor Mildew wrote:

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:51 am

Cracked an egg open into the bin and placed the shell into a bowl this morning :cool:

Is 35 too young for dementia?

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:06 am

:lol: I did that once, and I had just just the perfect amount of eggs that I wanted to eat. I was gutted that I meant I had less scrambled egg than I really wanted.

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:33 am

Fortunately I had another egg for my breakfast. Unluckily for my wife it was her egg that I accidentally binned.

:shifty:

jawa_
Joined in 2021

by jawa_ » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:51 pm

That's not a growth wrote:
jawa_ wrote:...I've not really drunk much at all since the COVID lockdown started and after those few beers I felt a bit rough and tired for most of yesterday :fp: .

...What I did was take the following: ibuprofen, Alka-Seltzer, dioralyte. Before you go to bed, then again when you wake up in the morning. I also made sure to eat plenty during the night and the next day...

Thank you for the drinks tip, Tnag! I shall try and put it into action before I next embark on a massive, crazy three-pint marathon :lol: .

Victor Mildew wrote:Jawa hears a noise in his kitchen - 2021 - colourised

:lol: . I have popped up into the loft and carried out a thorough investigation (i.e. a cursory one-minute look around) without finding any evidence of animals. Undoubtedly I shall be awoken again at 0330 tonight, though :dread: .

Victor Mildew wrote:...And I've got Jenuall beaten on the miserable birthday haul - 2 whole cards for me this year 8-)

Oh, Ad. Just think, though, that *everyone* loves you here in GR. Not enough to send you a card, of course, but enough to post a really rather lovely Amstrad CPC GIF for you.

Tomous wrote:Is 35 too young for dementia?

No. No, it's not...
Tomous wrote:Cracked an egg open into the bin and placed the shell into a bowl this morning :cool:

#pray4tom

Lagamorph
Member ♥
Joined in 2010

by Lagamorph » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:11 pm

Lagamorph's Underwater Photography Thread
Zellery wrote:Good post Lagamorph.
Turboman wrote:Lagomorph..... Is ..... Right
Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:14 pm

Brewers droop to finally realise Kellogg's anti-masterbation dreams?

KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:43 pm

I see it's from the same company that brought out this:

Far too sweet for my liking (both the drink and the pizza). Problem was I had another 5 cans of the stuff still to drink...

Imagine Fuller's Honey Dew but as if it's been made with a whole jar of honey.

<]:^D
Joined in 2008

by <]:^D » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:36 pm

:dread:

Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:37 pm

Breathed in pure vacuum cleaner dirt gooseberry fool and feel like my lungs are about to collapse

Qikz
#420BlazeIt ♥
Joined in 2011

by Qikz » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:11 pm

Rocsteady wrote:Breathed in pure vacuum cleaner dirt gooseberry fool and feel like my lungs are about to collapse

I hope you didn't do that deliberately. :lol:

The Watching Artist wrote:I feel so inept next to Qikz...
Victor Mildew
Joined in 2009

by Victor Mildew » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:12 pm

Rocsteady wrote:Breathed in pure vacuum cleaner dirt gooseberry fool and feel like my lungs are about to collapse

So you're not anti Vax

Return to “Stuff”