[Rules p.1] Things that annoy you guys. 100 percent. Not gonna lie

Fed up talking videogames? Why?
Jenuall
Joined in 2008
AKA: Jenuall

PostRe: OK, so. Things that annoy you. Not gonna lie, 100%.
by Jenuall » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:43 pm

ARGH!! I strawberry floating hate, hate, hate iPhones!!!

Every single time I have to get my wife a new phone and try to transfer across from her old model it's an absolute strawberry floating nightmare!

Try to do the "setup this iphone by bringing your old one close" thing, nope that don't work. First it demands that I put in the passcode for the old phone... but the old phone didn't have one, I eventually manage to convince it to get around this and then it sits there for ages before pissing out with a gooseberry fool "sorry there's not enough space, you'll have to wipe this phone and try again LOL!!" message.... Not enough space? The new phone has more strawberry floating storage space than the old one, how is that even a possible!?!? And there's no option to remedy this - no "try freeing up space" or "choose which items you don't want to copy across", it's just "sorry strawberry float off and factory reset the device while you're at it" :fp:

So then I have to sit for hours attempting to delete gooseberry fool from this phone so it will possibly copy across, and strawberry float me do they make it difficult to free up space on a strawberry floating iPhone. Is there a "Delete all" option for photos? NOPE! Have fun holding your finger down for a strawberry floating hour to select all of the photos! :toot: Oh and by the way, that doesn't even delete them - they just go in the trash so you have to delete them all again! But don't worry because that doesn't actually work - they just rea-fucking-ppear right back where they were when you try to finally delete them!

5 strawberry floating hours I've been trying to do this now.

"It just works" my strawberry floating arse.

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:58 am

Videos which autoplay on websites (especially news ones), if i want to watch the video, i will click a play button.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:02 am

Vermilion wrote:Videos which autoplay on websites (especially news ones), if i want to watch the video, i will click a play button.

We never had that problem in the good old days of VHS.

Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:58 am

Moggy wrote:
Vermilion wrote:Videos which autoplay on websites (especially news ones), if i want to watch the video, i will click a play button.

We never had that problem in the good old days of VHS.

I still have my VCR packed away somewhere.

That's not a growth
Joined in 2008

by That's not a growth » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:03 pm

Looks like they're closing all plasma donation centres except 3 in the country, and it means the one in my town centre has closed. It also let people give blood there, but not anymore. It's a shame because appointments around here are a right pain in the arse for giving blood, mostly in pop up places that only open during the day on a Tuesday. Thankfully there's one not too far from my work, but nearest appointment is Feb. If you want people to do this in general you should make it as easy as possible for them. Pain in the arse

Nibble
Joined in 2008

by Nibble » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:55 pm

When it transpires that someone you like or admire - be it a celebrity, artist or regular old commoner - is in fact a Tory. Fortunately, this has never happened thus far but I'd imagine it would be pretty annoying.

Lime
Joined in 2008
AKA: Lime

by Lime » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:16 pm

Outrunner wrote:Me. I seem incapable of just thanking the bus driver once. "Cheers! Thanks!". It's a small thing but its beginning to bug me. Anyone other person who serves the public just gets the one thank you, no idea why the bus is different.

Not sure why this has reminded me, but a while back I was leaving the doctors consulting room at the end and I said to the doctor:

'Thank you, much obliged.' like some kind of Dickensian gentleman.

I felt such an twat and really old, I have no idea where it suddenly came from, and I even apologised for for saying it, to the Doctor.

Image< Click here to listen to my band, finally on Spotify (and all other streaming services!)
3ds - 0946-2364-6907
Wii U - Monkeylime
Switch Online - SW-0245-1766-8994
Vermilion
Gnome Thief
Joined in 2018

by Vermilion » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:29 pm

When you go to the bathroom, and there's no toilet paper.

Green Gecko
Treasurer
Joined in 2008

by Green Gecko » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:21 pm

Lime wrote:
Outrunner wrote:Me. I seem incapable of just thanking the bus driver once. "Cheers! Thanks!". It's a small thing but its beginning to bug me. Anyone other person who serves the public just gets the one thank you, no idea why the bus is different.

Not sure why this has reminded me, but a while back I was leaving the doctors consulting room at the end and I said to the doctor:

'Thank you, much obliged.' like some kind of Dickensian gentleman.

I felt such an twat and really old, I have no idea where it suddenly came from, and I even apologised for for saying it, to the Doctor.

I know how you feel, but if it makes you feel any better, it basically means "indebted to you", or, "I owe you one!". Not like, you owed me that thing but thanks anyway! lol

"It should be common sense to just accept the message Nintendo are sending out through their actions."

❤ btw GRcade costs money and depends on donations - please support one of the UK's oldest video gaming forums → HOW TO DONATE
KK
Joined in 2008

by KK » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:54 pm

When you go into Poundland for the first time in over a year and A) nobody except the staff are wearing masks and B) 90% of the products in the store are anything but a quid. £2, £3, £3.50, £4, £4.50, £5...

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of your strawberry floating shop really, doesn't it!

On the plus side, I did manage to nab the last two bottles of Oral B mouthwash for £2, so it wasn't all bad. Unless I get Covid. :dread:

I know, I'll drink the mouthwash. 8-)

aayl1
Sir Aaron of GRcade
Joined in 2008

by aayl1 » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:01 pm

KK wrote:When you go into Poundland for the first time in over a year and A) nobody except the staff are wearing masks and B) 90% of the products in the store are anything but a quid. £2, £3, £3.50, £4, £4.50, £5...

Yes! Everything's £1? No, Money Down!

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:32 pm

Nibble wrote:When it transpires that someone you like or admire - be it a celebrity, artist or regular old commoner - is in fact a Tory. Fortunately, this has never happened thus far but I'd imagine it would be pretty annoying.

Try and remember there's a reason people believe in Tory policies, and treating them like they're evil because they feel differently to you helps no one.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008

by Moggy » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:43 pm

Fade wrote:
Nibble wrote:When it transpires that someone you like or admire - be it a celebrity, artist or regular old commoner - is in fact a Tory. Fortunately, this has never happened thus far but I'd imagine it would be pretty annoying.

Try and remember there's a reason people believe in Tory policies, and treating them like they're evil because they feel differently to you helps no one.

<]:^D
Joined in 2008

by <]:^D » Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:45 pm

:lol:

Ironhide
Fiend
Joined in 2008

by Ironhide » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Fade wrote:

It strawberry floating feels good though.

SEP
Member ♥
Joined in 2008

by SEP » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:09 pm

Fade wrote:

That reason being "they're a banana split". strawberry float them.

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:40 pm

What's the point in having morals if you can't recognise evil policies for what they are? :?

Fade
Joined in 2011

by Fade » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:33 pm

SEP wrote:
Fade wrote:

That reason being "they're a banana split". strawberry float them.

Or they've had a shitty upbringing which makes them unable to empathise with people.

People are always banana splits for a reason.

Either way treating them like an equal and talking to them will help them see your point of view.

Calling them banana splits is just going to drive them further to the right, put their defences up and make you look like the enemy.

But I guess that's online discourse 101 these days.

Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:39 pm

Vermilion wrote:When you go to the bathroom, and there's no toilet paper.

Just use your sleeve.

Steve
Joined in 2008

by Steve » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:46 pm

Jenuall wrote:ARGH!! I strawberry floating hate, hate, hate iPhones!!!

Every single time I have to get my wife a new phone and try to transfer across from her old model it's an absolute strawberry floating nightmare!

Try to do the "setup this iphone by bringing your old one close" thing, nope that don't work. First it demands that I put in the passcode for the old phone... but the old phone didn't have one, I eventually manage to convince it to get around this and then it sits there for ages before pissing out with a gooseberry fool "sorry there's not enough space, you'll have to wipe this phone and try again LOL!!" message.... Not enough space? The new phone has more strawberry floating storage space than the old one, how is that even a possible!?!? And there's no option to remedy this - no "try freeing up space" or "choose which items you don't want to copy across", it's just "sorry strawberry float off and factory reset the device while you're at it" :fp:

So then I have to sit for hours attempting to delete gooseberry fool from this phone so it will possibly copy across, and strawberry float me do they make it difficult to free up space on a strawberry floating iPhone. Is there a "Delete all" option for photos? NOPE! Have fun holding your finger down for a strawberry floating hour to select all of the photos! :toot: Oh and by the way, that doesn't even delete them - they just go in the trash so you have to delete them all again! But don't worry because that doesn't actually work - they just rea-fucking-ppear right back where they were when you try to finally delete them!

5 strawberry floating hours I've been trying to do this now.

"It just works" my strawberry floating arse.

No option to restore from iCloud backup? That's all you needed to do.

Return to “Stuff”