Politics Thread 6

Fed up talking videogames? Why?

Who will you vote for at the next General Election?

Conservative
10%
Labour
41%
Liberal Democrat
18%
Green
14%
SNP
10%
Brexit Party
3%
UKIP
1%
Plaid Cymru
2%
DUP
1%
Sinn Fein
1%
The Independent Group for Change
No votes

Total votes: 158
Hypes
Joined in 2009

PostRe: Politics Thread 6
by Hypes » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:30 pm

Kanbei wrote:

twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1483418498944671746

This is brilliant

Lex-Man
Joined in 2008

by Lex-Man » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:33 pm

It's weird because there was talk that he was going to quit as he had got Brexit done early on after Starmers false start. Then after Starmer fell off there was talk of him serving for decades. Now everything is collapsing around him.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
Sprouty
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by Sprouty » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:02 am

I think Boris will never have wanted the role of Prime Minister for long. Personally, I don't think it's his end goal. PMs go on to earn huge sums of money once they leave office, and I think that will be the only reason he ever wanted the role.

That doesn't mean he will want to leave like this. Papers suggest up to 20 MPs to put in a letter stating no confidence after PMQs today.

The silly neighbourhood vegetable.
Rocsteady
Joined in 2008

by Rocsteady » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:18 am

Moggy wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Academy schools could well be the worst thing Blair did after Iraq. Waiting for Moggy to correct me here (Dr Kelly is included in Iraq, and the F1 tobacco bribe has no traction with me as I loved F1 and the tobacco advertising liveries despite being anti smoking, so Moggy best have some good stuff :lol:). Just kidding Moggy, that's just my top hits of Blair scandals.

The worst thing he ever did was this:

It's not worth it Tony!

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:26 am

Yesterday's interview was a hilarious, contrived attempt at contrition and it completely backfired.

I won't be able to watch PMQs today :( could be a good one.

Moggy
"Special"
Joined in 2008
AKA: Moggy

by Moggy » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:29 am

Rocsteady wrote:
Moggy wrote:
captain red dog wrote:Academy schools could well be the worst thing Blair did after Iraq. Waiting for Moggy to correct me here (Dr Kelly is included in Iraq, and the F1 tobacco bribe has no traction with me as I loved F1 and the tobacco advertising liveries despite being anti smoking, so Moggy best have some good stuff :lol:). Just kidding Moggy, that's just my top hits of Blair scandals.

It's not worth it Tony!

But Gordon called you a strawberry floating slag!

Tomous
Joined in 2010
AKA: Vampbuster

by Tomous » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:34 am

Moggy wrote:

Bit harsh to call Cherie a thing but yeah I do agree.

Lex-Man
Joined in 2008

by Lex-Man » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:09 am

Sprouty wrote:I think Boris will never have wanted the role of Prime Minister for long. Personally, I don't think it's his end goal. PMs go on to earn huge sums of money once they leave office, and I think that will be the only reason he ever wanted the role.

That doesn't mean he will want to leave like this. Papers suggest up to 20 MPs to put in a letter stating no confidence after PMQs today.

I think he wants to be PM for as long as possible but he hates the actually job as it's a nightmare.

Amusement under late capitalism is the prolongation of work.
Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:13 am

Lex-Man wrote:
Sprouty wrote:I think Boris will never have wanted the role of Prime Minister for long. Personally, I don't think it's his end goal. PMs go on to earn huge sums of money once they leave office, and I think that will be the only reason he ever wanted the role.

I think he wants to be PM for as long as possible but he hates the actually job as it's a nightmare.

Like Trump then.

Hexx
Joined in 2008

by Hexx » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 am

He hates any job/work.

I can't see him resigning - particularly as he'll be forced out for actively being a banana split unsuitable for PM rather than "policy difference" etc like most. He won't want that legacy

Sprouty
Joined in 2008
AKA: SillySprout

by Sprouty » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:35 am

If a vote of no confidence gets called today, do you think he'll win it?

A senario where a vote is called, he wins it and then the report comes out stating more wrong doing would almost be worst case for the Tories, as they wouldn't be able to put in another vote of no confidence for a year through their internal processes and could be stuck with him, should he be too stubborn to leave of his own accord.

That would leave it down to Parliament. Onviously the vast bulk of opposition would vote against him, but anything that increases the odds of a General Election must be a worrying prospect again for the Tories.

I'll enjoy PMQs today!

The silly neighbourhood vegetable.
Tomous
Joined in 2010

by Tomous » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:37 am

Hexx wrote:He hates any job/work.

I can't see him resigning - particularly as he'll be forced out for actively being a banana split unsuitable for PM rather than "policy difference" etc like most. He won't want that legacy

Yeah, let's not lose sight of what an utterly ridiculous thing this will be to resign over. Not many PMs go out in shame let alone for having a party :lol:

OrangeRKN
Community Sec.
Joined in 2015

by OrangeRKN » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:48 am

I think he's as much motivated by ego with his Churchill complex and a need to be liked. Yes he's motivated by money, but more than likely he will be very well-off and live comfortably for the rest of his life no matter what happens. His reputation and legacy however I hope will continue to plummet to match his competency, and that will upset him.

I hope he is remembered as the most incompetent and ill-suited for office prime minister if only for the sake of historical accuracy.

orkn.uk - Top 5 Games of 2023 - SW-6533-2461-3235
Buffalo
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Buffalo » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:22 am

He was an absolute mess yesterday, shambolic. Delicious tbh, he’s been well found out…hopefully.

Oblomov Boblomov
Joined in 2008
AKA: Mind Crime, SSBM_God

by Oblomov Boblomov » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:38 am

We're nearly there, it won't be long now... :nod:

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:48 am

twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1483767484624818176

:shock:

Cuttooth
Emeritus
Joined in 2008

by Cuttooth » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:49 am

twitter.com/ElectionMapsUK/status/1483767924112384002

Haha wow. Could have at least waited until PMQs to do it in proper style.

EDIT - So this must both remove his letter of no confidence and reduce the threshold to 52?

DML
Joined in 2008

by DML » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:50 am

Imagine if a load of them did that.

Memento Mori
Joined in 2008
AKA: Emperor Mori

by Memento Mori » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:51 am

Cuttooth wrote:

EDIT - So this must both remove his letter of no confidence and reduce the threshold to 52?

:lol:

One way to rebuild that red wall.

Rex Kramer
Joined in 2008

by Rex Kramer » Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:53 am

Cuttooth wrote:

Doesn't he have to cross the floor at PMQs?

Return to “Stuff”